• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Top three of Scots, Joeys and View. Plenty of Shore 16yo here to talk their own hopes up.
Scots should win on paper but need to gel on the paddock, a lot backing up from last year.
I do believe that the current yr 12s for Riverview have never won a game as an age group. Therefore, this is complete rubish and should be a warning for misleading information.
-Waz

footyfooty footy footy

Herbert Moran (7)
Unpopular opinion, but Newington don't look too bad. I know the forwards lack but the backs are extremely good. Considering the chemistry shouldn't be too bad, and the huge underdog mentality taking in. They may have a chance to place well. I still though am backing Scots, A LOT of chemistry between a very talented lineup with great depth, can't get past that.

Unpopular opinion, but Newington don't look too bad. I know the forwards lack but the backs are extremely good. Considering the chemistry shouldn't be too bad, and the huge underdog mentality taking in. They may have a chance to place well. I still though am backing Scots, A LOT of chemistry between a very talented lineup with great depth, can't get past that.
newington looks terrible

Glory to the wyvern

Stan Wickham (3)
newington looks terrible

Hello brother - obviously you are entitled to an opinion however I am not sure it is an informed one.

Newo are in fact looking quite sharp considering they have only been off-season training on field for a few weeks. I myself played in the 89' First XV, and am one to tell you to never count out the fellas from Stanmore. To be frank, the fight that Newington show on the pitch is one in resonance to the South Sudanian eagle preying on the Lithuanian worms.

Wyvern

footyfooty footy footy

Herbert Moran (7)
Hello brother - obviously you are entitled to an opinion however I am not sure it is an informed one.

Newo are in fact looking quite sharp considering they have only been off-season training on field for a few weeks. I myself played in the 89' First XV, and am one to tell you to never count out the fellas from Stanmore. To be frank, the fight that Newington show on the pitch is one in resonance to the South Sudanian eagle preying on the Lithuanian worms.

Wyvern
Yours is very informed too I see,

ScrumAndCoke!

Frank Nicholson (4)

Wyvern
Wow, very informed. sounds almost as informed as a newo schoolboy.
-Scrum

As per most years, if there is a team who can beat Joeys, then that team will take home the silverwear.
joeys in this age group is sub-par at best, they have been most underwhelming for their entire campaign as an age group and have struggled to beat stronger teams on most occasions (i.e. Scots, shore).

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
While limited context given kids already in Opens, new hires, and individual and program development - the below is the 16s table from two years ago who are the current year 12 cohort.
I expect these players will still be the core of this years 1s
Scots had 5-6 already in Opens.
New dominated from 13s but may have peaked here. Their program doesn’t produce the end product.
Joeys were weak in 13s but improved every year.
Shore solid in juniors but not much from there.
View similar but I expect senior program to pull it together.
Kings grew well from 13s with huge forward pack but not sure I see many points in their backs at the Opens level and defence TBD. Would love to be wrong here.
1708563024497.jpeg

Last edited: