• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2024

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
This coming weekend

Saturday 9th
ACT Brumbies Runners v Western Force A
GIO Stadium, Canberra (12.05pm)

Main Game (2.35pm)

Sunday 10th
ACT Brumbies Academy U20s v Western Force Academy,
Brumbies UC, (12:05 pm)

Filipo Daugunu

Peter Burge (5)
Big game on Saturday. Liking the changes to the forward pack. Schouppy at 1 should help the scrum, Nevilles high work-rate on both sides of the ball, and Jahrome Brown strong physical ball-carrier and hits the breakdown hard, which we badly need.

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
2024 ACT Brumbies Runners Fixture

ACT Brumbies Runners v NSW Waratahs A
Saturday 16 March, 1:00PM AEDT

Simon Poidevin Oval, Goulburn

Starting XV

1. Harry Vella (Canberra Royals)
2. Liam Bowron (Canberra Royals)
3. Sila Titiuti (Tuggeranong Vikings)
4. Will Sankey (C) (Uni-Norths Owls)
5. Lachlan Shaw (Gungahlin Eagles)
6. Davea Teoteo (Queanbeyan Whites)
7. Alex Smit (Gungahlin Eagles)
8. Baden Godfrey (Tuggeranong Vikings)
9. Klayton Thorn (Gungahlin Eagles)
10. Cullen Gray (Wests Districts)
11. Clay Uyen (Gungahlin Eagles)
12. Jarrah McLeod (Canberra Royals)
13. Hudson Creighton (Queanbeyan Whites)
14. Nate Carroll (Queanbeyan Whites)
15. Shane Wilcox (Tuggeranong Vikings)

Finishers

16. Jack Harley (Gungahlin Eagles)
17. Lington Ieli (Tuggeranong Vikings)
18. Tevita Alatini (Gungahlin Eagles)
19. Zane Marolt (Easts Suburbs)
20. Toby MacPherson (Uni-Norths Owls)
21. Dan Nelson (Canberra Royals)
22. Kadin Pritchard (Gungahlin Eagles)
23. BJ Oates (Canberra Royals)
24. Angus Staniforth (Canberra Royals)

Head Coach Dan Hooper

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
Waratahs A team to take on the Brumbies Runners in Goulburn on Saturday

No Live stream announced.

Starters
Jack Barrett
Bryne Edwards
Bo Abra
Sam Thomson
Lachlan Doheny
Ned Slack-Smith
Austin Durbidge
Ben Di Staso
Teddy Wilson
Will Harrison
Matt Komolafe
Jullien Caillol
Mosese Tuipulotu
Vuate Karawalevu
Jack Bowen

Finishers
Moli Sooaemalelagi
Lewis Ponini
Will Goddard
Eamon Doyle
Henry O'Kane
Ben Gleeson
Hwi Sharples
James Hendren
Sid Harvey
Reece Mau'u

Last edited:

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Brumbies fans, how is Billy Pollard travelling? Saw he started over the weekend, but I haven’t seen the game. I’d love to see him really kick on.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
He is playing solidly but nothing spectacular. Busy around the ground, defending well, hitting rucks and some good carries. Needs to be careful with his lineout throws; seem to be sometimes lacking sufficient elevation and being picked off near the front. Very little between him and Lachie Lonergan at the moment. Definitely Super Rugby quality.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)

Injury update from Larkham, but annoyingly in video only. Here are the key points:

Injuries from the Highlanders game:
Muirhead: Knee, still being assessed but probably out for a couple of weeks
Ikitau: Knee, a bit worse than Muirhead, probably not available for at least the next 2 weeks
Schoupp: Shoulder, scan coming up, initial thoughts are pretty bad though.
Hooper: CT scan post game, no fracture, no air behind the eye. All good for selection

Replacement options:
A bit thin in the backs/outside backs now but still covered as a squad.
Debreczeni is back in training and guys like Hudson Creighton and Austin Anderson will be in line for a call up alongside Sapsford and Meredith.
Vella and Kaihea both available to come in for Schoupp with some minutes for the Runners

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think Bernie will try to keep the changes to a minimum, so I am expecting a lineup similar to below for this coming week.

Slipper, Pollard, Kautai, Frost, Swain, Hooper, Brown, Valetini, Lonergan, Lolesio, Toole, Tua, Sapsford, Anderson, Wright.

Reserves : Lonergan, Vella, Van Nek, Neville, Scott, Goddard, Meredith, Creighton.

I think Darcy Swain showed enough off the bench last week to be considered for the starting side, and against MP (Moana Pasifika) might be the best opportunity. Back three spots are very light on for proven SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) level players. Wright could move to 14 with Meredith at fullback, but that would be more reorganisation than I think is ideal at this stage. In the event Anderson doesn't fit the bill on the wing, there would be more time to look at change by the following week (against the Reds!). Pity BOD doesn't seem to be ready to return yet.

Filipo Daugunu

Peter Burge (5)
I think Bernie will try to keep the changes to a minimum, so I am expecting a lineup similar to below for this coming week.

Slipper, Pollard, Kautai, Frost, Swain, Hooper, Brown, Valetini, Lonergan, Lolesio, Toole, Tua, Sapsford, Anderson, Wright.

Reserves : Lonergan, Vella, Van Nek, Neville, Scott, Goddard, Meredith, Creighton.

I think Darcy Swain showed enough off the bench last week to be considered for the starting side, and against MP (Moana Pasifika) (Moana Pasifika) might be the best opportunity. Back three spots are very light on for proven SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) (Super Rugby Pacific) level players. Wright could move to 14 with Meredith at fullback, but that would be more reorganisation than I think is ideal at this stage. In the event Anderson doesn't fit the bill on the wing, there would be more time to look at change by the following week (against the Reds!). Pity BOD doesn't seem to be ready to return yet
I was thinking that Hudson Creighton or Austin Anderson would come into the centres with Tua to cover for Ikitau injury, then Sapsford would push to the wing to cover Muirhead. Sapsford played the big games at the end of last year on the wing, QF and SF.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I was thinking that Hudson Creighton or Austin Anderson would come into the centres with Tua to cover for Ikitau injury, then Sapsford would push to the wing to cover Muirhead. Sapsford played the big games at the end of last year on the wing, QF and SF.
And he (Sapsford) also played on the wing in the NPC last year. So that is a genuine option, but I'd prefer to keep the changes to as few as possible. If, however, Creighton is called into the team, I reckon it would be straight into 13 with Tua retaining the 12 spot. I just think Ollie offers more than Hudson in the 13 spot.

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
Last game of the U20 Academy Series this Saturday 23rd

ACT Brumbies Academy U20s v Melbourne Rebels Academy U20s,
Brumbies UC, ACT (12:05 pm)

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
Saturday March 23, 12:05PM AEDT

Brumbies HQ

Starting XV

1. Lington Leli (Tuggeranong Vikings)
  2. Boston Morete (Uni-Norths Owls)
  3. Tevita Alatini (Gungahlin Eagles)
  4. Uli Latukefu* (Marist College)
  5. Toby MacPherson (Uni-Norths Owls)
  6. Darcy Fogarty (Canberra Royals)
  7. Bailey Bouquiaux* (Canberra Royals)
  8. Jack Harley (vc) (Gungahlin Eagles)
  9. Dan Nelson (c) (Canberra Royals)
  10. Cullen Gray (Wests)
  11. Dylan Bretton* (Wests)
  12. Jarrah McLeod (Canberra Royals)
  13. Malakye Enasio (Gungahlin Eagles)
  14. Shane Wilcox (Tuggeranong Vikings)
  15. Angus Staniforth (Canberra Royals)
Finishers

16. Bailey Buesnel (Tuggeranong Vikings)
17. Sam Sahyoun (Queanbeyan Whites)
18. Jeziah Sega* (Daramalan College)
19. Jack Gordon* (Queanbeyan Whites)
20. Jono Ryan (Tuggeranong Vikings)
21. Joey Henry (Canberra Royals)
22. Patrick Broe (Uni-Norths Owls)
23. Jakob Biet (Queanbeyan Whites)
24. Silas Pilot (Tuggeranong Vikings)
25. Tom Hayes (Canberra Royals)

*Denotes Under 18 Player