• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2024

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Signings and re-signings have started.

This is for confirmed contracts, as much as possible. Let me know if I missed any.

Brumbies 2024 (36 signed)

Steve Larkham – Head Coach (2024)
Ben Mowen – Assistant Coach - defense, breakdown, and lineout (2025)
John Ulugia– Assistant Coach - scrum (2025)
TBC – Assistant Coach

Hooker:
Lachlan Lonergan - 2025
Connal McInerney - 2024
Billy Pollard - 2025

Prop:
Allan Ala'alatoa - 2027
Sefo Kautai - 2025
Fred Kaihea - 2024
Blake Schoupp - 2025
Harry Vella - 2025
James Slipper - 2025
Rhys van Nek - ???

Lock:
Darcy Swain - 2024
Nick Frost - 2025
Ed Kennedy - 2024
Cadeyrn Neville - 2025
Lachlan Shaw - ???

Backrow:
Luke Reimer - 2026
Rob Valetini - 2025
Rory Scott - 2025
Jahrome Brown - ???
Charlie Cale - ???
Tom Hooper - 2024

Scrumhalf:
Ryan Lonergan - 2025
Harrison Goddard - 2025
Klatyon Thorn - ???

Flyhalf:
Noah Lolesio- 2024
Jack Debreczeni - 2024

Centre:
Len Ikitau - 2025
Hudson Creighton - 2025
Ollie Sapsford - 2024
Tamati Tua - 2024
Austin Anderson - ???

Wing:
Ben O’Donnell - 2024
Andy Muirhead - 2025
Corey Tool - 2024

Fullback:
Declan Meredith - 2025
Tom Wright - 2025

UNSIGNED:
Nathan Carroll (2023)

RUMOURED GONE:

CONFIRMED GONE:

Peter Samu - Bordeaux
Nic White - Western Force
Jesse Mogg - GONE
Tom Ross - GONE
Chris Feauai-Sautia - GONE

Last edited:

NCT

Herbert Moran (7)
Didn't Jesse Mogg pop up on TV being interviewed as the assistant coach last week? Or did I get him confused with someone else?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Didn't Jesse Mogg pop up on TV being interviewed as the assistant coach last week? Or did I get him confused with someone else?
On of the Kiwi commentators mistakenly referred to him as the assistant coach when they cut to him during the Crusaders game.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Not officially announced, but Ben Mowen is set to join the Brumbies as an assistant coach (probably some sort of forwards/lineout role):

He's recently sold his Brisbane home with the articles about it mentioning a Canberra move, so it's probably pretty safe to assume it's a done deal.

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
Not officially announced, but Ben Mowen is set to join the Brumbies as an assistant coach (probably some sort of forwards/lineout role):

He's recently sold his Brisbane home with the articles about it mentioning a Canberra move, so it's probably pretty safe to assume it's a done deal.
It was confirmed in the Canberra Times a week or two ago.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

Apparently Nic White not overly swayed by the RA top up at the Brumbies. Might have to move franchise to secure more despite wanting to stay in Canberra.

Sounds all very weak gossip but
One option being floated is for White to join a rival Super Rugby franchise.

The issue is, who? The Reds just re-signed McDermott on a four-year deal while Gordon has agreed to a new two-year deal.

The Force’s Issak Fines-Leleiwasa is starting to blossom and they have Ian Prior signed through until 2024, too.

While the Rebels have Ryan Louwrens and James Tuttle on their books for next year, it’s believed the Melbourne-based franchise were looking to blood a young player but would consider someone of White’s quality if he was interested.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
how will the Rugby Australia top up change if he moves to another Oz franchise?
Yeah I dunno, sounds like central contracting that I was just criticising. Are RA saying that they will provide more if he goes elsewhere? Or that other super teams will provide more.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Yeah I dunno, sounds like central contracting that I was just criticising. Are Rugby Australia saying that they will provide more if he goes elsewhere? Or that other super teams will provide more.
The second I believe - the brumbies can't afford to spend anymore on him given the salary cap constraints and with two other RA signed halfbacks there is a limit to the top up RA are willing to offer. The only room to get more money into the equation is having him move to a different club with more to spend on a halfback.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think Lonergan is firmly the first-choice going forward from 2024 too, so he can't get market value there. Rebels should replace Louwrens with him.

Alex Ross (28)
Yeah I dunno, sounds like central contracting that I was just criticising. Are Rugby Australia saying that they will provide more if he goes elsewhere? Or that other super teams will provide more.
White has a huge top up that was designed to keep him in Aus for the RWC that he negotiated by saying he’ll only play for the Brumbies and since they are cap constrained, the top up needs to make up the difference.

it’s not an issue at other clubs as they likely will have more cap money. Brumbies have had him “cheap”. RA can’t maintain that level of subsidy.