• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2024

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Slips sticking around to the end of 2025
Favourite player of the past decade for me. What a legend. Hope he can crack some records, if not for his two year exile he would be easily the most capped Wallaby. Won with the Reds, now such a Brumbies icon. Go well Slips.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
44ABA6E2-078F-4DA1-B699-71D5CFE4C4B5.jpeg

Solid re signings

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mixed news on the stadium front...

The ACT will have a new 30,000-seat rectangular stadium within a decade, preferably in the Australian Institute of Sport precinct in Bruce.

Under a Memorandum of Understanding signed yesterday (28 June), the Australian Sports Commission and the ACT will investigate three options:

• A new build on a different site in the precinct that would enable the current stadium to operate while the new stadium is being built
  • Demolition of the existing stadium and the construction of a new stadium on the same site
  • Staged, significant upgrades to the existing stadium.
But if the AIS location proves not feasible, the fallback option will be Exhibition Park as part of its planned revitalisation.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
As much as I’d like it there, there’s so much other work that’d have to be done to roads etc, that it would be at a massive cost. The current site isn’t big enough as is. Not with the parking that you’d have to have nearby.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
As much as I’d like it there, there’s so much other work that’d have to be done to roads etc, that it would be at a massive cost. The current site isn’t big enough as is. Not with the parking that you’d have to have nearby.

I don't think the traffic/road concerns are as great as what Barr suggests...

There's probably more car parking that already exists in that area than the entire Melbourne parks precinct, but there's the capability to construct more plus there's public transport opportunities with the light rail development.

Building a stadium within the CBD could potentially be costlier, but would be so much more beneficial for the city long term, particularly in conjunction with the convention centre next door - you're effectively creating an events district like Melbourne.

Redeveloping or building a new stadium in Bruce is just short sighted, and dumb...

Maybe not as dumb as the Liberals' proposal to redevelop the Vikings' oval out in Greenway... and for non-Canberrans, that's not Viking oval but another ground situated out the back arse of Tuggeranong...

But there's nothing around the AIS grounds in Bruce - it's a terrible destination, and the idea of redeveloping it and the Brumbies playing at Manuka while it's under construction... is... just... dumb.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Fuck me, what a garbage piece of journalism…

He’s just re-signed with the Brumbies…

And is exploring a medial joker contract, along with Jake Gordon, as they’re obviously not going to the RWC.