• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GPS schoolboy rowing 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
A look at the weather:

Bureau of Meteorology predicting a slightly cooler temperature (around 18 degrees celsius over the racing period), a high (80%) chance of showers, and southeasterly winds between 15 and 20 km/h on Saturday.

Temperature will be comfortable for racing in, and the showers will likely flatten the water, however the cool temps of course will mean the water is a slight bit slower. This combined with a headwind and a crosswind (towards the Penrith side of the course) means we likely won't see any records broken come Saturday.

Headwinds will naturally favour the heavier crews, so the conditions shouldn't really affect our top 2 (Joey's and Kings).

UV index predicted to reach 8 (very high I'm informed) from 9:40 to 4:30 - remember to slip, slop, slap fellas!

LegDrive

Frank Nicholson (4)
A look at the weather:

Bureau of Meteorology predicting a slightly cooler temperature (around 18 degrees celsius over the racing period), a high (80%) chance of showers, and southeasterly winds between 15 and 20 km/h on Saturday.

Temperature will be comfortable for racing in, and the showers will likely flatten the water, however the cool temps of course will mean the water is a slight bit slower. This combined with a headwind and a crosswind (towards the Penrith side of the course) means we likely won't see any records broken come Saturday.

Headwinds will naturally favour the heavier crews, so the conditions shouldn't really affect our top 2 (Joey's and Kings).

UV index predicted to reach 8 (very high I'm informed) from 9:40 to 4:30 - remember to slip, slop, slap fellas!
1710379063305.png

5-10KM/h

-Legs

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Well. I am banned from the Rugby threads. So here is my last chance to wish all rowers and crews the very best for the races. HOR Is one of my fav events because all schools are there. I get a chance to see old teaching friends plus get heckled by Shore boys (lads…be brave and come and say hello. I won’t bite).

go Joeys.
#Maristmagic

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
Well. I am banned from the Rugby threads. So here is my last chance to wish all rowers and crews the very best for the races. HOR Is one of my fav events because all schools are there. I get a chance to see old teaching friends plus get heckled by Shore boys (lads…be brave and come and say hello. I won’t bite).

go Joeys.
#Maristmagic
Hope to see you back talking rugby sooner rather than later. Add a lot of entertainment and readability of these threads as one filters through the gibberish of the young’uns.

is that wind hurting or helping the direction??

what is this doing to what the winning time is going to be and hence does anyone have a prediction of the winning time?

Karlschidt

Frank Row (1)
is that wind hurting or helping the direction??

what is this doing to what the winning time is going to be and hence does anyone have a prediction of the winning time?
As it will be a cross head from lane 1 to lane 8, it should theoretically help out the crews in Lanes 1,2,3 as the crews from 4-8 will have to battle out the wind more.

KxRV23

Frank Row (1)
As an old scholar of Sydney Boys High School, reminiscing about the glory days of the Head of the River brings forth a flood of nostalgic memories. I can't help but yearn for the camaraderie, the adrenaline rush of competition, and the electrifying atmosphere that engulfed the event. Imagining the current state of affairs at the regatta, I envision our alma mater's rowing team gliding effortlessly across the water, their oars slicing through the waves with precision and power. The anticipation of victory, the exhilaration of crossing the finish line first – these were the moments that defined our school's legacy on the river. While I may no longer be directly involved in the action, the spirit of the Head of the River will forever remain etched in my heart, a testament to the enduring bond between past, present, and future generations of Sydney Boys High School rowers.
Not much competition coming from sydney boys nowadays.

As an old scholar of Sydney Boys High School, reminiscing about the glory days of the Head of the River brings forth a flood of nostalgic memories. I can't help but yearn for the camaraderie, the adrenaline rush of competition, and the electrifying atmosphere that engulfed the event. Imagining the current state of affairs at the regatta, I envision our alma mater's rowing team gliding effortlessly across the water, their oars slicing through the waves with precision and power. The anticipation of victory, the exhilaration of crossing the finish line first – these were the moments that defined our school's legacy on the river. While I may no longer be directly involved in the action, the spirit of the Head of the River will forever remain etched in my heart, a testament to the enduring bond between past, present, and future generations of Sydney Boys High School rowers.
simpleton

Glory to the wyvern

Stan Wickham (3)
Anyone know what HOTR haircut is fashionable this year?

Is it the traditional buzz-cut skinhead look? Or can we expect Will Rogers to sport a low-taper fade?
Hi mate,

Firstly, you have dead chat

Secondly, by your low blows of exceptionally talented Kings rowers, you must be a Kings schoolboy, which I find disappointing as this forum is only for informed schoolboy rowing enthusiasts

Wyvern

ReluctantRower

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hi mate,

Secondly, by your low blows of exceptionally talented Kings rowers, you must be a Kings schoolboy, which I find disappointing as this forum is only for informed schoolboy rowing enthusiasts

Wyvern
Lets be honest mate, I'd say 80-90% of all people on this thread are schoolboys.

Hi mate,

Wyvern
1) Most people here are schoolboys
2) Im not a schoolboy
3) Dead chat is the point
4) I have only ever talked shit about 2 kings rowers, 1 was in the 3 8 last and so is warranted, 1 quit rowing 3x (and is hence warranted)
5) Loser

Last edited:

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Hope to see you back talking rugby sooner rather than later. Add a lot of entertainment and readability of these threads as one filters through the gibberish of the young’uns.
Not all the kiddies are gibberers. In 2023 I was able to weed out a couple of insightful lads. One was a year 9 student. I always welcome genuine discussion not matter the age. My humor gets me in trouble though.

thewolfpack

Frank Nicholson (4)
Just wanted to lock in predictions

1VIII -Joeys,kings,view
2Vlll-View,kings,shore
1IV- Shore
2IV-View
3IV- Kings
4IV View

Status
Not open for further replies.