• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GPS schoolboy rowing 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

RushingRob

Herbert Moran (7)
Scots are the dark horse this season. I personally believe Joeys will win the whole cup, with Scots or Shore either 2nd or 3rd

Professor62

Ted Fahey (11)
Scots are the dark horse this season. I personally believe Joeys will win the whole cup, with Scots or Shore either 2nd or 3rd
Can definitely see Scots coming back this season, continuing their way up the ranks. However, I believe the Major Rennie is only down to 3 crews, Shore, Kings and View.
-Professor

Footy head

Herbert Moran (7)
Newington don't seem to have a good crew bua few good individuals in the crew that are very good. Can see view and shore going well this year
-footyhead

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
On an unrelated note, here is my all-time Shore crew since 2000:

Stroke: Sam Horsley (2014)
7: Nicholas Purnell (2008)
6: Alexander Purnell (2012)
5: Tom Barnes (2016)
4: Jackson Kench (2017)
3: Pasha Bevan (2017)
2: Constant van Schalkwyk (2001)
Bow: Declan Glendinning (2020)

Open to any further suggestions

Last edited:

Agent

Bill Watson (15)

3: Pasha Bevan (2016)

Since 2000..... Shore had 3 Junior World Champ rowers in 2000.

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
Since 2000..... Shore had 3 Junior World Champ rowers in 2000.
Wirth, Cameron-Russ and Wellings? If so Wirth broke mant of the standing scull records that had been held before him. Tough snub, may have gotten in over Van Schalkwyk

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
Wirth, James Willmot, and Sam Campbell
My apologies. Wirth was a tough selection outing, because I cant see him replacing in the 2 seat given his large figure, and all of the rowers in the engine room just achieved more. Barnes rowed at Cal and for Australia, Kench stroked the Aussie 8 to a Silver in the Worlds, Alex Purnell won gold at Tokyo, and Nick Purnell Bronze at Tokyo, as well as holding the Shore 2K Ergo record.

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
My apologies. Wirth was a tough selection outing, because I cant see him replacing in the 2 seat given his large figure, and all of the rowers in the engine room just achieved more. Barnes rowed at Cal and for Australia, Kench stroked the Aussie 8 to a Silver in the Worlds, Alex Purnell won gold at Tokyo, and Nick Purnell Bronze at Tokyo, as well as holding the Shore 2K Ergo record.

No arguments from me Chairman. You would know lot more about what goes on than me. I have a connection to the 2000 crew so thought I'd throw those names up. Campbell and Willmot were both light weight rowers after school so wouldn't have fitted into a heavy weight crew.

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
No arguments from me Chairman. You would know lot more about what goes on than me. I have a connection to the 2000 crew so thought I'd throw those names up. Campbell and Willmot were both light weight rowers after school so wouldn't have fitted into a heavy weight crew.
Cheers for the input. What seats were Campbell and Wilmot?

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)

3: Pasha Bevan (2017)

Further tough emissions include Tim Wirth (2000), Hamish Hunter (2021), Clinton Boltman (2016), Anthony Kenny (2014), Tom Livingstone (2021, RIP), Hamish Playfair (2008) and by the way the Boat would be coxed by Harry Keenan (2018) and coached by David Jennings.

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
1709630273074.png

1709630285753.png

1709630301448.png

Some Stats for you all. Cheers @Joker for the inspiration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.