• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
There was a fair bit of handwringing when we signed Perese due to past indiscretions (it wasn’t pretty reading). I’m glad the Tahs took the gamble and he has repaid their faith in him. The Tahs have made a few mistakes in the past years, but they should get a bit of credit for giving a bloke a second (third?) chance and reviving his career. Good luck to him.

Nuggetyflyhalf

Bob McCowan (2)
There was a fair bit of handwringing when we signed Perese due to past indiscretions (it wasn’t pretty reading). I’m glad the Tahs took the gamble and he has repaid their faith in him. The Tahs have made a few mistakes in the past years, but they should get a bit of credit for giving a bloke a second (third?) chance and reviving his career. Good luck to him.
He is a good player and we’ll miss him.
I’m fairly sure I’d rather a backline with him and Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) rather than JS.
That said, I have no doubt JS will be a huge success. We cannot afford to lose Jorgo.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
We are dealing with a fair bit of recency bias with Perese.

Playing well for sure, but it has been sporadic through his career and injury prone. I think Sua'ali'i is a 13 and will have the ability to open the field for those around him. We won't lose any size with JS 196cm 98kg. Physically he's like Folau but I think he sees a game better than being pure athlete.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
We will lose more players by the end of the season, BUT there are a bunch coming through, I personally can't wait to see Jack Bowen in the 10 jersey.

Changing of the guard!

Incidentally, time for Jason Gilmore to take the reins, word on the street is that he does a lot of the coaching

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
We will lose more players by the end of the season, BUT there are a bunch coming through, I personally can't wait to see Jack Bowen in the 10 jersey.

Changing of the guard!

Incidentally, time for Jason Gilmore to take the reins, word on the street is that he does a lot of the coaching
Harrison before Bowen.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Looks like Jorgo is committed until 2027? That's good.

So we are looking at something like:

11. Pietsch
13. JS
14. Kellaway
15. Jorgo

Reilly seems promising but still a fair bit of work to do on his finishing. Good enough for the bench slot. Not the worst backline ever. Now to find some locks and THPs.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Reilly also said he’s interested in having another crack at the NRL. Has unfinished business.

I don’t mind a level of movement as it can open spots to promote our youth guys into the squad instead of them going everywhere else.

snoopycatchicken

Bob McCowan (2)

11. Pietsch
13. JS
14. Kellaway
15. Jorgo

Reilly seems promising but still a fair bit of work to do on his finishing. Good enough for the bench slot. Not the worst backline ever. Now to find some locks and THPs.
Where did you see Jorgenson committed to 2027?

Steve_Grey

Sydney Middleton (9)
Jack Bowen, Teddy Wilson and Harry Wilson all playing 1st Grade for Easts vs Sydney Uni tomorrow.

Easts 1sts Colts just put 40 points on Sydney Uni Colts tonight - collective BackRow Masterclass from Easts.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I'm surprised how many tries get scored in the corner in league. Can't the bastards count in defence?

Hogan

Peter Burge (5)

11. Pietsch
13. JS
14. Kellaway
15. Jorgo

Just need a 10 who can get the ball to them!