• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Signings and re-signings have started.

This is for confirmed contracts, as much as possible. Let me know if I missed any.

NSW Waratahs 2024 (35 signed)

Darren Coleman – Head Coach
TBC – Assistant Coach (attack)
TBC – Assistant Coach (defense)
TBC – Assistant Coach

Hooker:
Dave Porecki - 2026
Theo Fourie - 2024
Mahe Vailanu - ???

Prop:
Harry Johnson-Holmes - 2024
Tom Lambert - 2024
Angus Bell - 2027
Hayden Thomson-Stringer - 2025
Dan Botha - 2024
Tom Ross - 2024
Archer Holz - ???

Lock:
Jed Holloway - 2025
Miles Amatosero - 2024
Ned Hanigan - 2024
Fergus Lee-Warner - 2025
Hugh Sinclair - ???

Backrow:
Langi Gleeson - 2025
Charlie Gamble - 2024
Ned Slack-Smith - 2024
Lachlan Swinton - 2024
Mesu Kunavula - 2024

Scrumhalf:
Jake Gordon - 2025
Jack Grant - 2024
Teddy Wilson - 2024

Flyhalf:
Tane Edmed - 2024
Will Harrison - 2024
Jack Bowen - ???

Centre:
Izaia Perese - 2024
Lalakai Foketi - 2025
Harry Wilson - 2024
Moses Tuipultou - 2025
Joey Walton - ???

Wing:
Dylan Pietsch - 2025
Mark Nawaqanitawase - 2024
Vuate Karawalevu - 2025
Triston Reilly - 2024

Fullback:
Max Jorgensen - 2026

CONFIRMED GONE:
Michael Hooper - elsewhere (possibly 7s)
Tolu Latu - France
Ben Donaldson - Force
Will Harris - Force
Ben Dowling- TBC
Harrison Goddard - Brumbies
Nemani Nadolo - retired
Tetera Faulkner - Retired
Tiaan Tauakipulu - Force
Taleni Seu - France
Zac Von Appen - TBC
Zane Marolt - TBC
Kurtley Beale - ???
Adrian Brown - ???

Going:

Izaia Perese - Leicester
Lachie Swinton
Mark Nawaqanitawase - Roosters

Last edited:

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Latu to Montpellier apparently.

Have Tahs not been announcing their signings? There’s a lot of players unsigned

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Latu to Montpellier apparently.

Have Tahs not been announcing their signings? There’s a lot of players unsigned
There have been a few rumours floating around of Miles Amatosero being the big one. Otherwise there are quite a few players in that list of unsigned without known end dates. There's probably a pretty good chance some of those guys have years left on their contracts.

Otherwise I imagine the Hooper negotiations have pretty significant bearings on how much they spend elsewhere.

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
There have been a few rumours floating around of Miles Amatosero being the big one. Otherwise there are quite a few players in that list of unsigned without known end dates. There's probably a pretty good chance some of those guys have years left on their contracts.

Otherwise I imagine the Hooper negotiations have pretty significant bearings on how much they spend elsewhere.
Miles has extended contract with Clermont:

Screenshot 2023-05-10 161722.png

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Nawaqanitawase re-signs for 1 year. Always happy about a re-signing of a great young talent but curious why only 1 year. He’s one you could lock away for years.
The 22-year-old, who made his Wallabies debut against Italy last year in Florence, wanted to sign a long-term deal with the Waratahs but had to settle for a one-year extension until the end of 2024.

“I would have liked more; I’d love to stay here as long as I can,” Nawaqanitawase said. “With certain circumstances, we had to agree on something. The one-year [deal] was the best thing at the time.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
From a RA perspective I think that is fairly prudent. We have a bit of a logjam of back three players right now with Nawaqanitawase, Kellaway, Wright, Petaia, Jorgensen and in a couple of years, Sua'ali'i. There's also Corey Toole, Dylan Pietsch and Suli Vunivalu among others.

I would have no hesitation offering all of these players longer term Super Rugby deals but when their remuneration is going to involve RA money as well and there's only so much of that to go around it is hard to pick long term winners there.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
29 year old Lee-Warner returns to Aus to play for Waratahs.

Swinton, Hanigan to re-sign, Seu returns to Japan.
Good to see Fergus back, but that feels like a bit of a downgrade for the tahs. Will still be hunting for a big body in the second row.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

While Miles Amatosero – the 203cm, 125kg giant who has being playing in the French Top 14 – will arrive at the Waratahs at the end of the year, with the 20-year-old to stay at Clermont as a World Cup medical joker until December, before heading home to Sydney.

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Looks like Bath have confirmed FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner):

22 May 2023

Bath Rugby can confirm Fergus Lee-Warner has signed a short-term extension with the club.

The 29-year-old, who made a significant contribution to the Blue, Black and White in 2022/23, will remain with the club until the end of November before taking up a new opportunity back home in Australia. ""

Read More