• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

Alex Ross (28)
Not enthused about losing Harris. I think he has the potential to exhibit all of Swintons best attributes without the boneheaded penalties and cards.
I’ve tried to remain positive about Swinton and feel that he will mature. But the latest incident was just about the last straw

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
I agree re Swinton. I'm sure he's a good bloke and all that, but he has let his team and fans down time and time again. As a Tahs supporter I honestly don't want to see him in the team knowing that we're likely to see another yellow/red card / citing / penalty at a key time. I think maybe some soul searching overseas might be a solution, as he can't go on like this. Being aggressive is one this - but a complete liability is another.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Not enthused about losing Harris. I think he has the potential to exhibit all of Swintons best attributes without the boneheaded penalties and cards.
I’ve tried to remain positive about Swinton and feel that he will mature. But the latest incident was just about the last straw
I agree. Harris still has a very high ceiling. Glad to see him stay in Australia though.

Swinton is nothing but a liability now when in the 23. He also hasn't been the most durable player. 27 games since 2018 isn't really value for money. We laugh at Vunivalu being off the field alot but he's played 25 games since 2021

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Without the boneheads penalties and cards? Sure he’s not at Swinton level but he’s done some dumb stuff.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I feel like Harris is an athlete that is still developing as a Rugby player. Sounds absurd at the professional level but I think he can continue to improve steadily if coached well. Cron is a guy that can do that.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Without the boneheads penalties and cards? Sure he’s not at Swinton level but he’s done some dumb stuff.
It doesn't need any "both sides" shade tho.

There's dumb stuff.

And then there's insane in the membrane.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I agree with the comments re potentially losing Harris in that I've always thought he will continually improve. TBH it would probably be better for his development if he headed to the NH for a couple of years, but on the other hand it's good to keep him in the country.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
He doesn't have the cohesion with the rest of the team yet, but I agree, you can see the raw material there. Physically he has more of a presence than say a Paisami or even Perese. At 22yrs there is a lot of potential.
That's the kind of centre RA needs

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Gleeson resigns to 25 and Donaldson and Harris shown the door
Good stuff. I'm enjoying the shuffling of the players out west.

Gleeson re-signing is brilliant, I watched his interview and was impressed with how well spoken he is. Keep him in Aus, could be a future captain.

It'll be weird to have a Hooper-less Waratahs next year. Even weirder that you've re-signed Swinton, let the bloke go decapitate some poor Japanese fellas for millions. Is Lee-Warner coming across to be a bench warmer? 4. Holloway 5. Amatosero/Hanigan 6. Swinton/Hanigan 7. Gamble 8. Gleeson 20. Lee-Warner?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Pushing the chips in on Bowen long term I feel. Interested to see what happens with Harrison being injured again. I’m of the opinion you sign him cheaply if possible and see what happens.

Bowen and Teddy Wilson are probably the highest priority long term signings for the Tahs. They're absolutely the future of the team.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Wilson signed this year didn't he?

He was fantastic in the U20s on Monday. Controlled pace of play and playmaking from 9 which I haven't seen for a while. Those 2 could be a great package into the future.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I can understand not prioritising the retention of Harris. His skillset is more suited to playing 8 and he's clearly behind Gleeson now.

Hanigan and Swinton provide better balance at 6 in the backrow. Fergus Lee-Warner is also vying for either the 6 jersey or lock.

Wilson signed this year didn't he?

He was fantastic in the U20s on Monday. Controlled pace of play and playmaking from 9 which I haven't seen for a while. Those 2 could be a great package into the future.

I think Wilson is only signed for this year.

I couldn't be higher on him. He's excellent and my way too early prediction is that Wilson and Bowen will be the Wallaby 9 and 10 by the time the 2027 RWC rolls around. I think they are both generational talents.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
He's excellent and my way too early prediction is that Wilson and Bowen will be the Wallaby 9 and 10 by the time the 2027 RWC rolls around. I think they are both generational talents.
I hope this comes true. We already heard it many times and doesn't end up happening

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Pushing the chips in on Bowen long term I feel. Interested to see what happens with Harrison being injured again. I’m of the opinion you sign him cheaply if possible and see what happens.
I had heard a while back that Harrison might be off the Force. Guess that’s changed

Alex Ross (28)
I had heard a while back that Harrison might be off the Force. Guess that’s changed
Force were gunshy on picking him up with his injury history. But I expect it’s the reason Tahs are going to be able to keep him cheap