• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah I'd assume no one wants Harrison on more than the minimum.

Anyone want to guess a 2024-25 team?

1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
4. Miles A
5. Holloway
6. Hanigan
7. Gamble
8. Gleeson
9. Gordon
10. Edmed
11. Pietsch
12. Foketi
13. Perese (Sua'ali'i 2025)
14. Mark N (Nawaqanitawase)
15. Jorgenson

16. Vailanu
17. Lambert
18. Holz/Leatigaga
19. FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner)
20. Swinton
21. Wilson
22. Bowen
23. Tuipulotu

Looks very strong, more depth than this year. Got guys like Walton or one of the TH props who can't make the 23.

Last edited:

BobbyD

Peter Burge (5)
Yeah I'd assume no one wants Harrison on more than the minimum.

Anyone want to guess a 2024-25 team?

1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
4. Miles A
5. Holloway
6. Hanigan
7. Gamble
8. Gleeson
9. Gordon
10. Edmed
Would love to see Bowen own the 10 jersey. Edmed a good safe pair of hands, but Bowen's growth potential is huge. Like Jorgo, you'll never know unless you give them a chance. Hoping depth in the front row might improve.

Misunderstood fan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Donaldson better than Edmed. Edmed a far cheaper option with Bowen coming through, who is looking like he’s got more than both. He’ll need to step up in tomorrow’s U20’s game.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Donaldson better than Edmed. Edmed a far cheaper option with Bowen coming through, who is looking like he’s got more than both. He’ll need to step up in tomorrow’s U20’s game.

If Edmed wasn't already contracted for 2024 then I feel like the decision could have been the other way around.

The way it is though I'm 100% on board with what they've done. I don't think we could make the necessary 2+ year commitment to Donaldson at the price it would have required without creating significant risk down the line that it affects our ability to re-sign Bowen and having too much of our cash allocated to fly half resulting in worse retention/signing in other positions.

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
What’s a side doing if not constantly building? Standing still? It’s a silly criticism.

Usually the teams that have completed the "building phase" are successful.

You don't hear after a team has won a competition, that they are in a "building phase".

It is usually the unsuccessful teams that are building to become successful.

Yes it is great that we are "building" but its just a funny phrase thats thrown around, cause like you say, if we arent building towards something, whats the point.

Alex Ross (28)
Did the Tahs make some excuse for the season by saying they are in a building phase?

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
No I think top 4 was the plan
Realistically, after the 2023 horror show, bouncing back to 6th is the best they could have done. And it's a dead cat bounce at best after this weekend.

Plans need to go back to the drawing board

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Look at our friend:
H4xWyKX.md.jpg

Lol

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Hope he goes as well as other former Waratahs who have joined the Crusaders (Volavola and Roach come to mind) haha.