• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2024: NZ, Drua & Moana matches

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A glimmer of hope:

"Super Rugby Pacific: Chiefs to rest Damian McKenzie from Crusaders clash​

"With McKenzie on the park this season, the Chiefs are on the right side of a combined 166-83 scoreline. With him off the park, they are down [6-33]."

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Glad to see MacMillan resting him, can see he carrying a niggle, seems to be limping a bit. Good type of game to rest him, not on a walkover etc. Hopefully means Jacomb will get some decent minutes off bench, he's a kid I see as having a future in the game.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ If we'd had social media at the time the end of Auckland's years-long NPC (7/9 titles 1982-90) & Shield (61 defences 1985-93) dominance would surely have been marked similarly...
Yep in those days most rugby conversations were how to beat Auckland. The general feeling was take your own f***en ball to the game because those bloody Aucks wouldn't give you any!

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Bugger.

jhq6zk5uhrqc1.jpeg

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Forbes is the presumed replacement. He's done a good job covering from the bench, but doesn't seem to have a kicking game anywhere near Sullivan's.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Crusaders: Chay Fihaki, Sevu Reece, Levi Aumua, Dale McLeod, Johnny McNicholl, Riley Hohepa, Mitchell Drummond (capt), Cullen Grace, Tom Christie, Corey Kellow, Jamie Hannah, Quinten Strange, Fletcher Newell, George Bell, George Bower. Reserves: James Mullen, Finlay Brewis, Owen Franks, Dominic Gardiner, Fletcher Anderson, Nathan Hotham, Rivez Reihana, Macca Springer.

Edit: David Havili the latest casualty with a calf injury hence 12. McLeod & (c) Drummond.

Chiefs: Shaun Stevenson, Emoni Narawa, Anton Lienert-Brown, Quinn Tupaea, Etene Nanai-Seturo, Josh Jacomb, Xavier Roe, Luke Jacobson (capt), Kaylum Boshier, Naitoa Ah Kuoi, Josh Lord, Manaaki Selby-Rickit, George Dyer, Samisoni Taukei’aho, Aidan Ross. Reserves: Bradley Slater, Jared Proffit, Reuben O’Neill, Jimmy Tupou, Simon Parker, Cortez Ratima, Josh Ioane, Daniel Rona.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Moana Pasifika: Danny Toala, Nigel Ah Wong, Pepesana Patafilo, Julian Savea, Fine Inisi, Christian Lealiifano, Ereatara Enari, Lotu Inisi, Sione Havili Talitui (capt), Jacob Norris, Allan Craig, Tom Savage, Sione Mafileo, Samiuela Moli, Abraham Pole. Reserves: Samiuela Moli, Donald Brighouse, Sekope Kepu, Ola Tauelangi, Semisi Paea, Melani Matavao, William Havili, Kyren Taumoefolau.

Blues
: Corey Evans, Mark Tele’a, Rieko Ioane, Bryce Heem, Caleb Clarke, Stephen Perofeta, Finlay Christie, Hoskins Sotutu, Adrian Choat, Anton Segner, Laghlan McWhannell, Patrick Tuipulotu (capt), Marcel Renata, Soane Vikena, Ofa Tu’ungafasi. Reserves: Ricky Riccitelli, Joshua Fusitu’a, Angus Ta’avao, Josh Beehre, Akira Ioane, Sam Nock, Harry Plummer, Cole Forbes.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlanders: Jacob Ratumaitavuki-Kneepkens, Timoci Tavatavanawai, Jonah Lowe, Sam Gilbert, Jona Nareki, Rhys Patchell, Folau Fakatava, Tom Sanders, Billy Harmon, Sean Withy, Max Hicks, Fabian Holland, Saula Ma’u, Henry Bell, Ethan de Groot. Reserves: Jack Taylor, Daniel Lienert-Brown, Rohan Wingham, Oliver Haig, Nikora Broughton, James Arscott, Ajay Faleafaga, Josh Timu.

Hurricanes: Ruben Love, Josh Moorby, Billy Proctor, Jordie Barrett, Kini Naholo, Brett Cameron, Cam Roigard, Brayden Iose, Peter Lakai, Brad Shields (capt), Isaia Walker-Leawere, Caleb Delany, Tyrel Lomax, Asafo Aumua, Xavier Numia. Reserves: James O’Reilly, Pouri Rakete-Stones, Pasilio Tosi, Justin Sangster, Du’Plessis Kirifi, TJ Perenara, Peter Umaga-Jensen, Ngane Punivai.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep in those days most rugby conversations were how to beat Auckland. The general feeling was take your own f***en ball to the game because those bloody Aucks wouldn't give you any!

I couldnt tell you who Mighty 'nua were playing in the 1992 D3 SF but I can still remember the PA announcement of the Division 1 result: stunned silence while people got their heads around the concept of Auckland losing, then it sounded like the LPD grandstand was gunna come off. Pretty sure that was the reaction everywhere South of the Bombays & North of the Brynderwyns.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep I was at Domain that day too WOB, and I buggered if I can remember who we wee playing!! But was funny when it was announced if you didn't know you would of thought the Mighty Nua had just won a great game from outside the park.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ballsy call by MacMillan to start Jacomb at 10 , I am pretty happy to see it, as I have said I like the look of this boy!
Happy with the Canes too, by geez that's a pretty good loose forward mix if you can put Kirifi on bench.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep I was at Domain that day too WOB, and I buggered if I can remember who we wee playing!! But was funny when it was announced if you didn't know you would of thought the Mighty Nua had just won a great game from outside the park.

Snuck out of the house, I bet...

Had to Google it: 'twas the Butcher Boys & we smoked 'em 30-22. We won't talk about what happened the following week :mad:

Edit: but I'll have a look on YT for that awesome vid of the Nelson guy recreating the final sequence of play.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Snuck out of the house, I bet...

Had to Google it: 'twas the Butcher Boys & we smoked 'em 30-22. We won't talk about what happened the following week :mad:

Edit: but I'll have a look on YT for that awesome vid of the Nelson guy recreating the final sequence of play.
I was on the Mighty Nua PU board at that time, so I really should of remembered, I was actually on duty at the domian that day too!

Yep but what happened the next year? We knocked them over in the Final!!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yet another late scratching* for CruSadists & of course it's the guy who was going to be standing in as captain :( I s'pose it's a chance for Hotham to make amends for Hamilton, tho.

*Edit: gastro issue.