• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 10: Waratahs v Chiefs. Friday 26th April 7:35 pm

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Season defining game for the Waratahs. A win here could be the start of a run to the finals and us rueing a few close losses because I don't think we can make the top four from here. A loss doesn't technically put us out of it but we'd probably get the Blues or Hurricanes in the quarter final away if we made it.

Chiefs have had three losses, two against top teams and one against the Crusaders. They will be very keen not to lose this and drop further behind the top four. They were one of two favourites for the title before a ball was kicked.

As I said: Season Defining

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The fact that we lost to the highlanders shows where this team really is. Only slightly less of a complete clusterfuck than the clusterfuckening that is the Saders.

I give us a 5% chance to win.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
I wonder if Harrison is being “managed” back into the team? Like giving him more game time each week so he’s not over extending himself post injury

Yoda

Billy Sheehan (19)
Since they have a pulse to make the finals I think they have to give Harrison a start at 10.

He's looked sharp since being back.
I agree. Although managing game time post injury is important. If it is close with 20 or 30 to go he will definitely ignite things and also has a reliable boot. I’m tipping them to get up.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
1. Loosehead Prop - Hayden Thompson-Stringer (Manly)

2. Hooker - Julian Heaven (Eastern Suburbs)

3. Tighthead Prop - Harry Johnson-Holmes (Sydney University)

4. Left Lock - Hugh Sinclair (Northern Suburbs)

5. Right Lock - Miles Amatosero (Eastern Suburbs)

6. Left Flanker - Lachlan Swinton (Sydney University)

7. Right Flanker - Charlie Gamble (Eastern Suburbs)

8. Number 8 - Ned Hanigan (Randwick)

9. Scrumhalf - Jake Gordon © (Sydney University)

10. Flyhalf - Tane Edmed (Eastwood)

11. Left Wing - Triston Reilly (Randwick)

12. Inside Centre - Lalakai Foketi (Manly)

13. Outside Centre - Joey Walton (Gordon)

14. Right Wing - Mark Nawaqanitawase (Eastwood)

15. Fullback - Max Jorgensen (Randwick)

16. Reserve - Jay Fonokalafi (Randwick)

17. Reserve - Lewis Ponini (Eastern Suburbs)

18. Reserve - Tom Ross (Northern Suburbs)

19. Reserve - Jed Holloway (Southern Districts)

20. Reserve - Langi Gleeson (Manly)

21. Reserve - Jack Grant (Eastern Suburbs)

22. Reserve - Will Harrison (Randwick)

23. Reserve - Izaia Perese (Randwick)

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Injury list now all TBC or Season:

Players unavailable for selection:

• David Porecki - Achillies (TBC)
  • Thomas Lambert - Knee (Season)
  • Archer Holz - Shoulder (TBC)
  • Mesu Kunavula – Knee (Season)
  • Ned Slack-Smith - Concussion (TBC)
  • Daniel Botha - Achillies (Season)
  • Mahe Vailanu - Knee (Season)
  • Angus Bell - Toe (Season)
  • Theo Fourie - Foot (Season)
Fourie a new addition to it I think? That's 2 Hookers out for the season (with another who hasn't played yet) and 3 props out for the season (with another who hasn't played yet).

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Has Slack-Smith had a reoccurrence or some real issues following the concussion?

Don't mind them taking the conservative approach with it but you do worry with such a young man.

I do like Miles getting another start. He's had some good showings off the bench when he throws his frame around and rips into maul defence. They hoping for a ramp up with Holloway, Gleeson coming off the bench?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Chiefs: Shaun Stevenson, Emoni Narawa, Anton Lienert-Brown, Rameka Poihipi, Etene Nanai-Seturo, Damian McKenzie, Cortez Ratima, Wallace Sititi, Kaylum Boshier (capt), Samipeni Finau, Tupou Vaa’i, Jimmy Tupou, George Dyer, Samisoni Taukei’aho, Aidan Ross. Reserves: Tyrone Thompson, Jared Proffit, Reuben O’Neill, Manaaki Selby-Rickit, Simon Parker, Xavier Roe, Josh Ioane, Quinn Tupaea.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Surprised that Harrison hasn't been elevated to 10, but perhaps they're looking for him to provide some spark later in the game alongside Holloway and Gleeson.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I imagine they are keen to ease him back into rugby after 2 years out with injury.
There's easing him back, but Harrison has had three games off the bench followed by a bye week. Each game he has played he looked like the better flyhalf. The only explanation that I think fits is that DC wants the better goalkicker on for the last 30 to make sure we don't miss kicks to win the game. After this week he has just got to make the change, he'll have run out of reasonable excuses.

I like Walton at 13, I reckon he's a much better team player than Perese. He's got a great boot and the tactical nouse to use it and he'll be better at setting his wingers up. Nawaqanitawase and Reilly might get some better ball to work with this week. But why Wilson is not a better choice for 21 I do not know. It just baffles me.

Lee-Warner must be getting mighty irritated at being left out. Every time he's been on the team sheet he's had a pretty good game. Still, I guess he's next cab off the rank.

Just two names on the Chiefs line-up scare me breathless: Damian McKenzie and Shaun Stephenson.

Yoda

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hawko. Spot on with all that. Understand to a certain extent the easing back of Harrison, however he is clearly the better 10 and there is more chance of the backs scoring tries with him there than Edmed… hopefully the game is not dead before he gets on.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
What's happened to Dylan Pietsch? Dropped?

It'd be nice if Amatosero lived up to his potential. He's been quite timid in collisions so far this year. At the current rate he should be named "foot".

Marce

John Thornett (49)
The fact that we lost to the highlanders shows where this team really is. Only slightly less of a complete clusterfuck than the clusterfuckening that is the Saders.

I give us a 5% chance to win.
At this point I only ask to be competitive and not being trashed by 50 points