• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 10 : Reds v Blues

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Sounds like Flook is a chance which will be good.

Form would say the Blues have this easy. The Reds are a bit enigmatic at the moment and I am honestly not sure if this is a good match up for us or a really bad one.

I don’t think we can outgun the Blues without Tate, McReight, Petaia & Uru - although I won’t be entirely disappointed if we try - but maybe we can beat them with more of last week - discipline, defence, play tight in attack and convert territory to points. Our set peice was solid but probably needs another lift.

Battle of the halves seemed a big point of interest last week (as in Thomas v Werchon). Good chance for both young guys to leave an impression on the season.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Official matchday prediction: Let the kid in blue represent the Auckland Blues forwards. Let the kid in red represent the hopes and dreams of the Queensland Reds and their supporters.

TFcwaBxd3lCQE.webp

Wilson

David Codey (61)
REDS (1-15): Alex Hodgman, Matt Faessler, Jeffery Toomaga-Allen, Ryan Smith, Angus Blyth, Liam Wright (c), John Bryant, Harry Wilson, Kalani Thomas, Tom Lynagh, Tim Ryan, Hunter Paisami, Josh Flook, Suliasi Vunivalu, Jock Campbell

RESERVES: Josh Nasser, Peni Ravai, Sef Fa'agase, Connor Vest, Joe Brial, Louis Werchon, Lawson Creighton, Floyd Aubrey

BLUES (1-15): Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Soane Vikena, Angus Ta'avao, Patrick Tuipulotu (c), Sam Darry, Anton Segner, Dalton Papali'i, Hoskins Sotutu, Taufa Funaki, Harry Plummer, Mark Tele'a, Bryce Heem, Rieko Ioane, AJ Lam, Cole Forbes

RESERVES: Kurt Eklund, Joshua Fusitu'a, Marcel Renata, Laghlan McWhannell, James Thompson, Sam Nock, Corey Evans, Caleb Clarke

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Five changes to the Blues starting side and another three on the bench Reg, likely to take a lot of heat out of the Blues attack. Golden opportunity for the Reds to get the W.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
BLUES (1-15): Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Soane Vikena, Angus Ta'avao, Patrick Tuipulotu (c), Sam Darry, Anton Segner, Dalton Papali'i, Hoskins Sotutu, Taufa Funaki, Harry Plummer, Mark Tele'a, Bryce Heem, Rieko Ioane, AJ Lam, Cole Forbes

RESERVES: Kurt Eklund, Joshua Fusitu'a, Marcel Renata, Laghlan McWhannell, James Thompson, Sam Nock, Corey Evans, Caleb Clarke

As with last week, would prefer the Riccitelli/Vikena hooker combination ahead of Eklund because of his outrageously sus lineout throwing. Otherwise big forwards are big and will, hopefully, continue operating like a test pack.

Though idk what will happen if Plummer is injured. Maybe Cotter will just be a legend and slot Sotutu in.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I can only hope we see arrogant Rieko Ioane who drops the ball over the try line again.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Aubrey has had a solid start to QPR this year, I think named in team of the week a few times.

I mentioned in the reds thread that I heard Kiss speak this week at a function and he spoke about throwing out a different look team this week and also playing an attacking brand of footy.

Aubrey on the bench definitely signals that he wants to be in a position to score points at the back end of a game and not play it too safe.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not trying to freak anyone out here but if Loss Bleus were to win with a BP they'd go top of the table on PD* which would surely trigger an epic @Dismal Pillock gif storm...

(I don't even want to think about @zer0's reaction).

* current PD being 'canes +136, Bleus +171.