• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

DrDanieCraven

Bob McCowan (2)
I didn’t say that, what I said was not as threatening…… he was best on ground by a very substantial margin.
Joeys v Augs
Augs first two tries were intercept and then left foot chip over the top from Walsh which found some space. Lazy D by Joeys and good vision by Walsh. Otherwise Augs did not build much pressure, and Joeys set piece had them well in hand. Joeys bombed a try, so with that and the intercept it was a tight one. For Augs 10 Walsh and 12 were standouts. Joeys missed Taumoepeau at 8 very much, although Logan at 7 was used as cover, and carried for lots of hard metres and did not miss a tackle. He must be in the conversation with the likes of Cleverley and LeMaitre for rep honours. Gough at 12 for Joeys super strong in the carry.
Could have gone either way, but deserved win to Augs who took their opportunities which is what wins footy games.

ItsNotPink

Alfred Walker (16)
Sorry I missed you today, Joker. A tough day for Joeys on #1.

St Augustines 1st XV thoroughly deserved their victory 31-26. They played expansive rugby and made fewer mistakes. I thought Joeys forwards played particularly well at the set piece and in open play.

Joeys 2nds got close to Oakhill 1sts 12-14 and played well. It was a good contest in the rain.

Joeys 3rds also got close to St Augustines 2nd 7-10. That match will prepare them well for the main competition.

Full 3rd XV trial report to come.

INP

Hippo

Frank Nicholson (4)
Sorry I missed you today, Joker. A tough day for Joeys on #1.

St Augustines 1st XV thoroughly deserved their victory 31-26. They played expansive rugby and made fewer mistakes. I thought Joeys forwards played particularly well at the set piece and in open play.

Joeys 2nds got close to Oakhill 1sts 12-14 and played well. It was a good contest in the rain.

Joeys 3rds also got close to St Augustines 2nd 7-10. That match will prepare them well for the main competition.

Full 3rd XV trial report to come.

INP
Did Joeys win any games against St Augustines today?

Rookie21

Ted Fahey (11)
Power Rankings Trial 2.png

These are my power rankings for Trial 2. This is just my opinion so please feel free to disagree with me as this week was hard to assess due to some very juxtaposing results.

Definitely some movement in comparison to last week.

Shore: They stay on as contenders, only this time being in this category by themselves. This Shore team oozes class. Today's win against Knox was won through hard defence and capitalisation on the few opportunities that Knox gave them. I'm aware it's early but they are the only team showing consistency. Shore are the team to beat after this week.

Scots: A win is a win. Though I expected them to beat Stannies comfortably, it is certainly a better result than last week against Newington. One of the only teams that showed improvement this week. They are in the 2nd category very *tentatively*.

Joeys: This was certainly an interesting result. From what I hear St Augustines were very strong. Does anyone know when the last time Augs beat Joeys was? If ever? Certainly some slight regression in comparison to last week's win against Knox. I have them as outsiders after this week.

Newington: Another perplexing result. I expected Newington to wipe the floor with Kings. From my understanding, they did well to seal a draw right on the bell. They move to the "outsiders" category after this week.

Riverview: Very disappointing result for Riverview. After having a hard-fought win against Barker, they lost to Waverley, who lost to Kings last week. I feel as though View will struggle to find consistency this year. They move to the "slim chance" category.

Kings: I doubt most of us expected Kings to lead Newington as they did. I was wondering if they would be able to hold that lead and unfortunately, they weren't able to. I still have them in the "slim chance" category.

Again I am aware these matches were still trials so we have to take them with a grain of salt. Really looking forward to the start of the competition next week.

Rookie21

Ted Fahey (11)
A strong history of Bassingthwaighte’s at the school going back a couple of generations at least. Most recently Rex’s brother Leo left a couple of years ago.
Correct. Leo played 12 in Shore's 2022 First XV. The season that brought Shore back into the fight.

Whataflanker

Stan Wickham (3)
I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say that Walsh will be on the field in some capacity in 2027. Offers a dynamic that none of the current Super Rugby playmakers have
I’d expect most of the current Super Rugby playmakers would look pretty dynamic against schoolboys