• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

I think that they will come up a little short. I understand that Shore, based of trials, look very, very stong. However, trials are trials for a reason, and Riverview will look to push extra hard this Saturday for the win. Although, it wont be easy coming up against one of the best Shore teams we have seen in a long, long time.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Cheers

AG
I personally can't see view winning, shore's team will be so strong don't be suprised if it's a blowout

I think that they will come up a little short. I understand that Shore, based of trials, look very, very stong. However, trials are trials for a reason, and Riverview will look to push extra hard this Saturday for the win. Although, it wont be easy coming up against one of the best Shore teams we have seen in a long, long time.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Cheers

AG
After seeing both teams games recently I will say that both are in good form but I just don't see View beating Shore this week. Shore's stacked backline as well as their above average forward line are working amazingly together and after being able to get out to the Knox game on the weekend I was shown just how good shores defense has become. Overall view's lineup is looking great as well and whatever way it goes it should be a good game to watch.

-Scrum

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Can View do what Shore have done over recent years and be spoilers? Take your opportunities and make the other side uncomfortable. The mid week game Shore v View last season was this.

If I'm View I play a bit of territory and get the ball out of play when kicking. Make Shore have to start from scratch and not run things back in open play when you have good backs and a good 7 like View was able to use Noble last year as an extra Centre and create overlaps.

I think Newington v Joeys has the potential to be the best spectator game this weekend if you're after points.

the one who knocks

Stan Wickham (3)
Is Scots resting players this week or are they going in full strength, would like to hear about a dominant performance by Scots with all their elite personnel.
Knock Knock,

I don't see Scots resting players going into the first comp game of the season against the underdogs of kings who have definitely surprised me. I don't see Scots dominating kings either, I believe it will be a much closer game than expected as kings are down to boogie and are looking to spoil the Scotsman's party. I could see Scots coming in overconfident and kings bringing them back to their senses and I believe that Scots will really lift in the second half. Im very exited to see Scots play close to their potential with players returning from injury. I believe it will be a close contests in the forward pack as both teams have very strong forward packs. The winner of the game will be determined in the backline and I see Scots as the favourites and I think their big names in the backline will be able to get the job done, but I don't think it would be wise to write Kings off either.

-The One Who Knocks

Last edited:

Soupnasty

Bob McCowan (2)
It will take this coming round to see where teams are really at:
- Wet weekend made it hard to assess the last round of trials
- Joey's missed Justice
- Shore benefited from a clunky Knox first half and very favourable officiating. The Shore of the 2nd half of that game were far less impressive (note the point above about the rain)
- Newington have a backline of league players but will need a decent forward pack to feed them. They APPEAR to be capable of rocks and diamonds performance
- View and kings failed to impress
- Scots been the disappointment of the trial period

BUT
all will be clearer with firm fields this weekend

NotAlwaysCorrectAdam

Peter Burge (5)
Thoughts on King's vs Scots this saturday, heard that it may be a big game. Either a blow out or close and contested game from both sides. I will be keeping my eye on the second row from both teams.