• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Here for the advice

Bob McCowan (2)
With Toby Rodwell (Newington) and Heamasi Makasini (Newington) picked the NRL City U/18 team who are playing NSW Country this Saturday. I presume they’re skipping Newingtons match against Joeys on the weekend (unless they leave the 12:30 League match at Leichhardt drive to Stanmore and then play at 3pm v Joeys) which could change a few of you tipping Newington this week.

Then if they were picked in the NSW U19 Origin team they play the same week as the return Joeys clash on 22 June, except the origin game is Thurs night. Not long to recover from a very hard match.

The NRL City Country match with Newington, Oakhill, St Pats boys will be streamed 12:30 on Sat on NSWRLTV App for any Newington old boys who are interested
Surely with a fast driver they can make the run on at 3pm….. it is a 15min drive in Google maps - say 30mins on a Saturday in the inner west! Good luck to the boys.

Choptackle

Allen Oxlade (6)
Gee St Augustines are giving themselves a big pat on the back. They beat a trial Joeys team by a try and seem to think there the Springboks.
Augustines will be no match for Shore.
Shore are an other level again.
Typical shore supporter.
A win against Joeys is a win against Joeys, who from what I heard were playing their full team, Auggies came 3rd in the Schoolboys world champs and beat last years NZ champions just weeks ago, you might want to watch out for them when they take on shore next month, I wouldn’t dare to write them off in any match this year.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
If true this is ridiculous. They should be barred from any rugby rep honour including GPS. There should also be an enquiry into Newingtons compliance with the rules of the AAGPS.
It sucks for Newington but who’s really at fault? I’m not arguing your point but I don’t know how they break any compliance protocols with individual players making a decision. It becomes an internal matter.

I think it’s very likely these guys are done in regards to rep selection from the NSW level who are funded by the Tahs.

keenas

Banned
I can see your point, maybe shore should go above Riverview. But as a parent, being so far away from shore's field is a big pain. And laying down on the grass at Newington is like the hill at Leichhardt. I love it.
Trouble with Scots only 1 field you can’t watch aged teams Joeys n Newington best for me

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Thats nothing
Should see the Kings Headmasters new indoor pool

1452893695-20110823-mg-0417.jpg

Rookie21

Ted Fahey (11)
Gee St Augustines are giving themselves a big pat on the back. They beat a trial Joeys team by a try and seem to think there the Springboks.
Augustines will be no match for Shore.
Shore are an other level again.
Shore supporters. Please do not fall into this kind of arrogance. Augs did well to beat Joeys - trial or not. Let's just appreciate when good rugby is played and celebrate Davids beating Goliaths.

RugbyBot

Frank Nicholson (4)
Shore supporters. Please do not fall into this kind of arrogance. Augs did well to beat Joeys - trial or not. Let's just appreciate when good rugby is played and celebrate Davids beating Goliaths.
Watching the Shore / Knox game I think the Shore Achilles heel is their forward pack. The backs look very slick, even in the wet, and I think will be a scary proposition on a dry, fast track. Their 10 and 15 are exceptional.

But the forwards struggled to break the gain line and in defence gave up significant metres. The second Knox try was basically their forward pack marching from the 22 straight to the posts with one-offs and pick and gos. A game plan for others?

Rookie21

Ted Fahey (11)
Watching the Shore / Knox game I think the Shore Achilles heel is their forward pack. The backs look very slick, even in the wet, and I think will be a scary proposition on a dry, fast track. Their 10 and 15 are exceptional.

But the forwards struggled to break the gain line and in defence gave up significant metres. The second Knox try was basically their forward pack marching from the 22 straight to the posts with one-offs and pick and gos. A game plan for others?
This is the way I saw it: Knox were trying to knock down Shore's wall with their forwards the entire game which only resulted in one try. I think when a team has that much ball, like Knox did, something had to give eventually. I agree that the backs probably look better than the forwards, but I wasn't unhappy with how Shore's forwards performed. I thought they did well with the limited opportunities that they had.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
8q44t4.jpg

This weekend starts the season and we at Green and Gold AAGPS community want to record it and share results as we go. Not all schools share results, just Joeys. We need some supporter help with these games.

13A/13B
14A/14B
15A/15B
16A/16B

1sts and 2nds are easy but the grades above are not. If you know the result for sure (no guesses please) Then let us know.
Our highly trained of number monkeys will crunch and publish each week.

WE CAN"T if we do not have help.

Please drop a result, one is better than none.

Cheers people and I wish all players the very best this weekend.

Deus benedicat Marists

RushingRob

Sydney Middleton (9)
I've heard rumours that ashton large is possibly playing 1sts this weekend.
Not happening, the team list was released and announced in the annual Winter Sport assembly. It goes by:

1. Joel Jacobs
2. Harry Gianoutsous
3. Cody Clarke
4. Charlie Barber
5. Finnlay Bartlett
6. Charlie Ulcoq
7. Cooper Guerin
8. Toby Brial (c)
9. Geoffrey Hughes
10. Max Soepono
11. Tom O'Hara
12. Heinz Lemoto
13. Leo Jaques
14. Zac Fittler
15. Jay McKenzie

The 13, 14 & 15 are the ones that extremely surprised me. But I'm sure they have their reasoning and I'm excited to see them get back together.

RushingRob

Sydney Middleton (9)
Trouble with Scots only 1 field you can’t watch aged teams Joeys n Newington best for me
Yeah extremely true. Atleast before the construction they at least had the smaller one (Kirkland Oval???) right next door. Having to go to that shocking Vaucluse park or Centennial Park is something the whole Scots community, including the coaches, hate. Joeys, Newington, Shore are fantastic and extremely lucky to have all those fields, something we envy here at Scots.

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah extremely true. Atleast before the construction they at least had the smaller one (Kirkland Oval???) right next door. Having to go to that shocking Vaucluse park or Centennial Park is something the whole Scots community, including the coaches, hate. Joeys, Newington, Shore are fantastic and extremely lucky to have all those fields, something we envy here at Scots.
I coached many a game at Christison. If there was wind any where in Sydney it was there. A blustery, hard and nasty oval.
Here are the old days at Scots

17651h.jpg

CasualObserver

Frank Nicholson (4)
View attachment 18890

This weekend starts the season and we at Green and Gold AAGPS community want to record it and share results as we go. Not all schools share results, just Joeys. We need some supporter help with these games.

13A/13B
14A/14B
15A/15B
16A/16B

1sts and 2nds are easy but the grades above are not. If you know the result for sure (no guesses please) Then let us know.
Our highly trained of number monkeys will crunch and publish each week.

WE CAN"T if we do not have help.

Please drop a result, one is better than none.

Cheers people and I wish all players the very best this weekend.

Deus benedicat Marists

It seems that Newington have forfeited the 16s, 14 & 13Bs. Their B's are playing vs Joeys C's.

Last edited: