• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

ItsNotPink

Alfred Walker (16)
3rd XV - Trial 3
With all of the focus on the start of the1st and 2nd competitions this week, the next 3rd XV trial takes a bit of a back seat. Nevertheless here is a quick summary of the match ups. I note that the 3rds trial matches are being played between the same teams as the 1st and 2nd comp games.

Riverview v Shore
What a great match up this will be. View had a close game against St Aloysius 1st XV last week and will be primed for this one at home against an up and coming Shore team. Too close to call so I might stroll down Tambourine Bay Rd to have a look.

Newington v Joeys
New will be looking to show that they deserve a spot in the 3rd XV comp with a good showing against Joeys who had a narrow loss to St Augustine's 2nds last week. Joeys should be able to notch a win on Johnson.

Scots v Kings
Another great match up where the defending premiers take on a young Kings side at Bellevue Hill. I like Scots in this one.

Oakhill 4th XV v High 1st XV
After a big loss against Shore 4ths last week, High will face a similar task against Oakhill 4ths at noon on Damien Oval, and they still appear to be a fair way off being competitive in the 3rd comp which starts on 1 June. I will be watching this result closely.

Grammar 1st XV v Pius 1st XV
Grammar have been going well pre-season but Pius have also notched up some good results over Cranbrook and Trinity. It will be a great game at Rushcutters Bay and I am backing the home team by a small margin.

There will be one more trial on 25 May before the 3rd XV comp starts on 1 June. Good luck to all players.

INP

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Would I be correct in saying that the SIC main ground has the least infrastructure/built seating in the competition?
While I do appreciate the bush setting and the very good BBQ it is quite poor seating. An old wooden grandstands with primitive change rooms. Could be better.

InsiderScoop

Sydney Middleton (9)
Jokers totally unempirical Weekend Match prophecies

*WARNING- This is humour. Those who are triggered by parody, satire and buffoonery should look away now and stick their head in a bucket of water.

Round 1

Newington v St Joseph’s @ Stanmore International Airport

What a delicious clash this promises to be. Two teams jam-packed with unknown potential smashing into one anotherwith the ferocity of Black Friday shoppers. Newington this year have been perceived as scamming us during the trial games. The inclusion of an all year 7 front row last weekend disclosed their hand that are they saving the larger fellas for this week’s game. Newington can perform like a souffle. They have so much sugary promise, so much mouthwateringpotential but all it takes is a small collision to push them off their game plan and the dish falls to pieces in a chaotic heap. Joeys of course will be archetypal Joeys. Small, fast, ruthlessand full of dexterity without all the nonsense of running over others. Joeys have appreciated a longer prep time this season unlike previous years. They are happy to take a recent defeatto a bigger team to sort out the tougher dogs from the young puppies. They may have also unearthed potential this seasonand it will be seen if these dogs show the same bite as those in years gone by. Joeys’ boys will be primed (fed mainly on chicken schnity) for a respectable showing to remind the trolls of what they can do. Run fast, tackle in swarms, scrum hardand use their skilful interplay to bamboozle the Wookies. It won’t be fancy but it will be appetizing and will provide the travelling army of blue a dose of satisfaction.

Joeys by 6 lamb chump chops

Riverview v Shore @ The Swamp

This week the legacy media has promisied rain and more rain. Those who are older and remember a simpler time when rugby balls were leather may recognize the need for players at Lane Cove to wear a wetsuit and scuba gear. Riverview 1 has a convention of reverting to a swampy marshland as soon asthere is a hint of precipitation. With several games on it before the match you could expect the swampy bog will challenge any of mum’s laundry soaking skills to get Monteque’s white shorts back to their sparkling, Vatican white. The game is a tough one to pick. In years gone by you would have picked anyone playing Shore as the winner, even the Grammar 16D’s, but the Shoremen of Stirling Bridge have found courage again an begun to take some impressive scalps. Shore are not the lightweights they once were. The AAGPS needs a strong Shore as this provides shock, doubt, meat pies and mystery to the menu each weekend. Last year every tipster chose Joeys over Shore. To the shock of all it was a draw, much to the delight of Shore boys (who could have won with a late penalty being denied). Underestimate Shore at your peril this season. Riverview though are building for the future.Maybe they should finish main building one day. The wild wolves have some budding wolf cubs and playing at home in front the wildest, most lunatic supporters, I feel they willspring surprises this year. BUT…. this Saturday I sense the lads from Stirling bridge will look at this game as a spring board to others. Vanquish the wolves and then slay the rest as Shore march onwards, with banners flying high to the AAGPS title. I have a dream…

Shore by 7 bunches of Ruby Roman Grapes

Scots College v The Kings School @ The Deathstar

MATCH OF THE ROUND.

Once again, we see the greatest battle of culinary delights in the western spiral arm of the Milky Way. The streets will be flooded with the latest Parramatta Cattle trucks (The newestLandrovers are indeed very comfy) and Bellevue Hill tractors(Bentley Bentaygas, who knew). The Kings supporters will be primed for another big season after enjoying success these past few seasons. This year though they may have to settle for a domestic bubbly rather than the imported. Even the localprovidores have been running out of French cheese, Spanish ham and Italian wine. Talk about crisis of living when you resort to domestic cheese. Fortunately, the Kings cattle have been dining on some of the best Beluga Caviar, Matsutake Mushrooms and Iberico Ham sandwiches all on daddy’sPlatinum Uber Eats account. But wait, Scots will be no lightweights. The team has been busy this week feeding on Kobe (Wagyu) beef, Alma’s caviar, Plumer Road chicken burgers and Chocopologie truffle for dessert. Expectations areagain high. From the top of the forever unfinished Death Star, the Dark Lord has decreed the rugby galaxy will tremble at the rumble of the dark empire’s creations, I mean players once more. Scots have enormous firepower in all areas (the ground assault against Hoth showed the brutality) but will the game plan be followed? In the past the distraction of a von Essen Platinum club sandwich in the Kings supporter picnic basket has derailed them. A fascinating battle looms and at this early stage of the season playing at home normally gives you the advantage, especially when the supporters play those f&%ingbagpipes. I understand the inventor of the bagpipes was inspired when he saw a man carrying an indignant, asthmatic pig under his arm. Unfortunately, the man-made sound never equalled the purity of the sound achieved by the pig.

Scots by 15 Imperial walkers
One of the greatest. Good job

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Tips please! Reminder

7FBC3537-8FBE-43A0-B864-7CF66D67B65C.jpeg

I believe these lads are looking quite good for the season especially with skipper Will Hodge charging up the boys Although this is the case there have been injuries in both the 1s and 2s causing the team to change a bit. However, the centre duo of 12 Henry Butler (has been playing some 1st games) and 13 Charlie Watson should be lethal this weekend. Will be interesting to see how they go against Shore this weekend.

SDWS
I have heard watson is a lethal weapon in the centres, with quite a strong right hand. Hopefully watto gets some time in the ones. In the CAS, Fletcher Gill has been playing 10 for Cranbrook to Smythe's dismay, with a strong performance against an in form st Patricks side. He is the real deal, and contrary to popular belief he 'is the man'.

Regards,

Mugabe

TheMaulester

Sydney Middleton (9)
Would anyone be able to provide a list of all AAGPS Rugby players (including players in the age groups) that are playing in the junior sides of NRL clubs, providing what team they play for and if they possibly already have a contract with that team.

I would just like to mention that I appreciate Newington putting up a team list with player photos, very helpful to identify who is who in the team. Riverview was very good at this last year doing this for the 1sts, 2nds are 3rds teams, hopefully they continue to do that. Further, their 'View Footy Highlights' youtube channel is exceptional, making key moments of games widely available for spectators to watch who are not able to attend those games and don't have access to the recordings of those games. This is something I wish all GPS schools did.

the one who knocks

Stan Wickham (3)
Knock Knock,

With the battle of the round this week commencing shortly between the Scotsmen and Kings, the kings boys are looking to come out fiery after their big game against the 'dark horses' of Newington and they won't let the grog raining down on them in the tunnel from the Scots old boy section get in the way of their plans to crash the Scotsmen's party. I think that the dark horse title will be moved to them for now after earning their stripes through trials and certainly surprising me. With the Scotsman's explosive backline and the brutal Kings forward pack this should make for an entertaining game, with both teams looking to make an opening statement in the first comp game of the season. The match featuring some big names from each side, some young guns from Kings and the veterans in Scot's side I think that the 'Death Star' should be fairly packed with Scots looking to punish Kings for their sins and to seek their revenge from last season of them drawing with the mighty Kings side from last year at home. Kings don't look afraid and look down to boogie at the Scotsman's ball. I can see kings drawing first blood early but don't let that take away from the Scots squad who will come back twice as hard and will bring the very best out of kings but will it be enough to beat the heavy favourites?

Has anyone got a team list for shore? Im assuming that shore will put a decent score on the Catholics, considering shore are looking strong and view are battling at the bottom of the pack for now, feel free to voice your opinions and fill me in on anything Im missing like injuries ect.

Anyone got any thoughts on Joeys vs New? I can only see Joeys winning this one.

-The One Who Knocks

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Congratulations to Charlie Ghattas 1st XV like his dad at the age of 16. His father was a real workaholic in the rucks when feet were used. I have seen the young fella play and he is one tough cattledog pup.

TheMaulester

Sydney Middleton (9)
Knock Knock,

With the battle of the round this week commencing shortly between the Scotsmen and Kings, the kings boys are looking to come out fiery after their big game against the 'dark horses' of Newington and they won't let the grog raining down on them in the tunnel from the Scots old boy section get in the way of their plans to crash the Scotsmen's party. I think that the dark horse title will be moved to them for now after earning their stripes through trials and certainly surprising me. With the Scotsman's explosive backline and the brutal Kings forward pack this should make for an entertaining game, with both teams looking to make an opening statement in the first comp game of the season. The match featuring some big names from each side, some young guns from Kings and the veterans in Scot's side I think that the 'Death Star' should be fairly packed with Scots looking to punish Kings for their sins and to seek their revenge from last season of them drawing with the mighty Kings side from last year at home. Kings don't look afraid and look down to boogie at the Scotsman's ball. I can see kings drawing first blood early but don't let that take away from the Scots squad who will come back twice as hard and will bring the very best out of kings but will it be enough to beat the heavy favourites?

Has anyone got a team list for shore? Im assuming that shore will put a decent score on the Catholics, considering shore are looking strong and view are battling at the bottom of the pack for now, feel free to voice your opinions and fill me in on anything Im missing like injuries ect.

Anyone got any thoughts on Joeys vs New? I can only see Joeys winning this one.

-The One Who Knocks
1. Lyne
2. Warner
3. Harvison
4. Hamilton
5. Baxter
6. Gordon
7. Le Maitre (c)
8. Reardon
9. Binnie
10. Bassingthwaighte
11. Francis