• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

15 Man Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
At a school where the son of a well known politician attended and became a reasonably good player?

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I am prepared to give Lee, Bowside and Rothschild the benefit of the doubt and accept that they know what they are on about.

It reminds me of going onto South African rugby sites where the posts start off in English but invariably end up switching to Afrikaans.

DownsSupporter

Frank Nicholson (4)
If we arte we talking about the other school are we talking about prospective, current years or previous years coaches.....or should we be talking about a hierarchy closer to the REDS??

R

Rothschild

If we arte we talking about the other school are we talking about prospective, current years or previous years coaches.....or should we be talking about a hierarchy closer to the REDS??
yeah, about all those

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Can someone Pm me with the story/inside info because I have an idea but its probably wrong, also you might get imprisoned if you post it on the forum haha

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
no - the other one.

Ah - so at the school of a friend of the son of a well known politician who attended the first school I indicated and became a reasonably good player there?

PS - and the friend was arguably handy himself?

R

Rothschild

Charades at its best
dd11 - No I would rather not. If 'he' wants to disclose then great -
lets just say there is a new coach at a school on a hill who was somewhere else before who thinks his shit doesn't stink, who couldn't pick his nose let alone good teenage talent, who is a self appointed critic and censor of personal published opinion and takes that self appointed authority to heights even superman couldn't reach.
Also is very factually challenged.

D

Doc

Some of you guys are as subtle as sledgehammers.

The move has been well publicized, heck you can find the info on the QRU site if you look in the right spot. Ironically, his old job is now filled by 3 volunteers. Must have been a tough one.

R

Rothschild

on a different matter, does anyone know who the new Toowoomba Grammar 1st XV coach is?

very good there nod, sorry reg.
that one did make me laugh.
Yeah, his name is Jason Gilmore. Look for an influx of islander players or anyone with a darkish complexion who does dinky jinks. That's about all he ever sees.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Curses - I thought this would spin out longer.

Rothschild's original clue about coaching on a mountain top meant a school in Toowoomba, because we knew 15man was a Queenslander.

There are only two rugby schools worth talking about in Toowoomba - Grammar and Downlands

The son of a well known politician was Tim Horan who went to Downlands. It was 'the other one' so it was Grammar, where Horan's friend, Jason Little, went. Alan Jones went there too and that was going to be my next sneaky comment.

Curses, I say.

In the circumstances it would not be proper for him to contribute to the forum. He has a huge challenge ahead of him as the school is a rugby minnow at the moment.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Is it just me or did the subject matter change here. I know that Jason Gilmore wasn't the man behind 15manrugby. Interesting to see him move to TGS. I will be watching how they go over the next couple of years.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I think previous posters were inferring that it was he that objected to some of the subject matter on the site. Which ultimately led to the site shutting down.

T

tranquility

No, they were talking about a coach in Sydney. Jason Gilmore has just been appointed coach of TGS in the Brisbane GPS comp, and would never get stuck into all the rubbish.

R

Roll Away Black 7

Perhaps he is off doing his "Nude Tallow Wrestling" again !

Don't ask me why .........!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.