• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2011 Rnd 1 Reds v Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Will Chambers should be concerned about holding his spot next week. Think the Reds competed at the breakdown a lot better once Higgers came on - though that sinbinning really saved the day for them.
Quade should be shot for hitting the post with that last attempt.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Moral victory for the Reds. Talk about scratchy. Will give Link some ammunition for the week.

W

Waylon

Hard luck for the Force. Don't have a lot of quality on the bench and it cost them the game
The Tahs will put 50 on the Reds next week.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Gutsy from the boys, but they just don't know how to close out a game.

JOC (James O'Connor) was excellent, our scrum went very well despite conceeding a few lotto penalties. Our backrow went as well or even better than predicted.

Rocket Rod has a bit of balls about him this year, he was keen for the niggle and rough stuff, good for the Reds. Horwill was brilliant, Cooper and Genia were workmen like, nothing special. Quirk was good, but he is no Dan Braid yet.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Scrappy first week match. Force deserved to win the game, and Reds very lucky to get away with a poor performance. For the Force, JOC (James O'Connor) was their best - still on his game and vindicated my belief that he can play at 10. Kick out on the full near the end was the only real gripe. For the Reds I thought Big Kev had a very good game. Was in everything, saved a vital try in the first half and was even scavenging a share of ball off the ground. On that performance, though, the Waratahs are the best Oz side by a country mile this week. Hard to see the Reds getting near next week.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Hard luck for the Force. Don't have a lot of quality on the bench and it cost them the game
The Tahs will put 50 on the Reds next week.

Whoa up. Give the force some credit, and don't give too much to the Rabbles. No denying the Reds were half-arsed, but the Force did a great job of being in their faces ESP via the backrow, Sheehan and JOC (James O'Connor). Looking forward to next weekend and seeing how they go at it.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Link picked a monster pack and slow back row, so the Reds go out in 37C and play full BBQ footy against one of the better/best back rows in Australia.

I can't believe that was Link's gameplan, I think he'll be ropeable.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Link picked a monster pack and slow back row, so the Reds go out in 37C and play full BBQ footy against one of the better/best back rows in Australia.

I can't believe that was Link's gameplan, I think he'll be ropeable.

Spot on. Gagger. but was the plan picking that pack?

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I think the Waratah's will be easily beaten next week. I'm giving them no chance, and I'm not even kidding. The Reds got a reality check and will be better for it and the Waratah's got a game handed to them, as well as favoritism hype. Expect some strategic changes from Link this week and it should be a beauty of a game.

I gotta say, I feel fucking sorry for the Force and their fans. The Force should be a pretty competitive team this year, best of luck and a great contest today.

W

Waylon

Link is/was a prop. He isn't a smart man. His team plays best when they ignore his game plan

D

Doc

A win is a win and I'm happy with the four, but that was terrible. Coaching has forced me to try and avoid commenting on games until I've sat down and watched the replay, but someone mentioned Chambers might struggle to hold his spot, realistically 5-6 players will have to be seriously looked at if the Reds are not kidding themselves.

I am one of Rockets biggest fans, but tonight I think we saw why he gets no love from the Wallabies. Show a tremendous immaturity and lack of composure. He punched that muppet a good minute after the initial scuffle, right in front of the ref after being baited. Needs some time to grow up.

And for all the talk mid-week about staying with the Reds, I think Quade is looking for a league contract. Tonight's game was his audition.

T

TOCC

Link picked that packed in preparation for next week, it was a calculated gamble that he better prepare his team for next week at the expense of not performing so well this week.

The Mayor of Perth

Ted Fahey (11)
Bad loss for the Force, could cost them a finals berth, against a team that gets far better press than the quality of their squad. Forwards fantastic, as was Rabs, very good by Sheehan, back three very disappointing - way too many errors from Shep. Depth a problem - one injury (Ripia) and the centres become ordinary. Force will be better with Ripia at 10, Rabs at 12 and Inman at 13. I think the Force's replacement front row did far better than expected, which is encouraging.

Basically, the Reds won it when Sharpie went off and Wykes gave away a stupid soft lineout penatly which led to Fainga'a try. Although the pedantic little ref didn't help, penalising Force scrum when they were clearly dominant 10m out. How did that scrum get re-set 4 times after Force had won a scrum penalty seconds earlier? The Force elect not to take the three on offer and, what, are going to fuck up the next scrum?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Link picked that packed in preparation for next week, it was a calculated gamble that he better prepare his team for next week at the expense of not performing so well this week.

if he picked that team for next week then he is going to be having nightmares, they got there asses handed to them several times, that tighthead that brown picked up was embarrasing, do you think he will make changes now based on how they faced up today?

that said, reds were very lucky, pretty much similar to last years tahs/reds opener with the reds playing the part of the tahs. Force fans must and should be gutted.

i dont know if JOC (James O'Connor) was good or not, he seemed to take the ball into contact alot when he had options and i couldnt tell if he was trying to do it all himself or if his support players wernt in position for him, either way hopefully he stays in close cos he gives the force good go forward.

M

Moono75

The one that got away for the Force and sadley all to frequent. If the boys took the opportunties available to them they would be at the top end of the table. Scrum looked solid, some great work. As the Mayor said, Wykes cost them whilst Sharpe was off the field. Force played a scrappy spoiling game to keep the Reds off their game. Would have like to see Cummins and Smith get a few more opportunities. Will be good to see Ripia come into the team and move Rabbit into the centres. IMO Tahs will smoke the Reds next week.

C

chief

Poor, poor team chosen for this week.

Hynes defense was monstrous, was a little confused when you bought the best performing back off the pitch and replaced him with Ben Lucas. Back row left a lot to be desired for the Reds.

Ref should have dished out a card or two to the Reds for all those stupid penalties, they really got lucky there.

Horwill was idiotic with some of those decisions he made, giving Quade a kick from 50 metres out near the sideline wasn't the brightest idea.

The Tahs are going to give the Reds a good old shellacking next weekend, it's going to be hard to watch.

T

TOCC

if he picked that team for next week then he is going to be having nightmares, they got there asses handed to them several times, that tighthead that brown picked up was embarrasing, do you think he will make changes now based on how they faced up today?

apples and oranges, the bigger forward will be able to perform better next week in the cooler conditions..

Status
Not open for further replies.