• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2011 Super 15 Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
From NZ and SA... it's crap, but they've agreed to this so fuck 'em...
Myself never agree to this , so fuck you too in advange. When Marinos was on his way to object to this new format, every dog and cat from down under was pissing all over him and Saru for doing just that and off course many Saffers that never understand what CC means to our game, the sort of plastic young lot.

The Kiwis I dunno they seem to be nevermind all the way through. But they will pay a heavy penalty for this in future.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Myself never agree to this , so fuck you too in advange. When Marinos was on his way to object to this new format, every dog and cat from down under was pissing all over him and Saru for doing just that and off course many Saffers that never understand what CC means to our game, the sort of plastic young lot.

The Kiwis I dunno they seem to be nevermind all the way through. But they will pay a heavy penalty for this in future.

You sound like you are just getting old mate, "all these kids just not understanding".

Things change, some for the better, some for the worst, the CC will be reduced in importance as the schedule will limit the elite players availability, also because the standard is below Super rugby.

My simple complaint is that some teams won't be played, make it longer would be my choice by the two our three weeks required, reduce the Tri Nations to Home and away with the Argies and you will have a bloody good calender with the elite players dropping in and out of the CC.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
You sound like you are just getting old mate, "all these kids just not understanding".

Things change, some for the better, some for the worst, the CC will be reduced in importance as the schedule will limit the elite players availability, also because the standard is below Super rugby.

My simple complaint is that some teams won't be played, make it longer would be my choice by the two our three weeks required, reduce the Tri Nations to Home and away with the Argies and you will have a bloody good calender with the elite players dropping in and out of the CC.
Thats what hurts the CC most. We have at the moment a overdose of derbies and the star players atrracks the supporters. Now with the non contracted Bokke returned, the CC get back on track a bit and will be full value once the contracted Bokke returns in the last round. In the mean time it make no sense taking players like Bismarck, Beast, Januarie and Meisiekind away from rugby action at the moment. Fuck knows what will happen once this kak S15 is starting.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Thats what hurts the CC most. We have at the moment a overdose of derbies and the star players atrracks the supporters. Now with the non contracted Bokke returned, the CC get back on track a bit and will be full value once the contracted Bokke returns in the last round. In the mean time it make no sense taking players like Bismarck, Beast, Januarie and Meisiekind away from rugby action at the moment. Fuck knows what will happen once this kak S15 is starting.

Paarl my counter-argument is that the CC is going great guns WITHOUT the Boks at the moment.

The issue isn't as much player availability as it is scheduling.

Like I said I think there will be a middle ground. SA rugby has to make a plan - too much money at stake.

Fatprop - Yeah Paarl might sound like an old bloke moaning but it just shows you how dear the Currie Cup is to us poor old Saffers so give us a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.