• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 1 Australia vs New Zealand - 18 August

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Game 1 between NZ and Australia?

• The Men in Gold - The Wallabies

Votes: 50 45.9%
  • The Darkness - The New Zealand Rugby Team

Votes: 59 54.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Well, happy with the win. Very mistake ridden though. Bring on Eden Park!

images

M

Mojoman

For a side that has been together for a few weeks that was poor by the Wallabies, particularly on their home ground. They lost the collisions and hence the game. All Blacks made a lot of errors and looked like a team who have only had a week together, but intensity and pressure got them home.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Does anyone see an issue with Genia's slow clearance from behind a ruck? He seems to wait forever, allowing the AB defensive line to regroup, have a quick cup of tea, and then stifle any attack?

and on the few occasions when he did get the ball away from the base quickly we looked dangerous and made some yards.
That is our go............fast recycling.
Genia had a poor test.
The Quade/Genia partnership cannot be understated either

M

Moono75

Congratulations
Sitileki Timani is Australia's Pierre Spies. Looks mean as shit but really is a bit of a pussy when it really matters.
can i like this twice! Add Kurtley Beale, his defence was shit, a liability tonight. Deans shit use of your bench. Your done, Link take over.

M

Moono75

...let me watch the replay and I'll be sure to identify why we won't have the Bledisloe for another ten years.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Does anyone see an issue with Genia's slow clearance from behind a ruck? He seems to wait forever, allowing the AB defensive line to regroup, have a quick cup of tea, and then stifle any attack?

"Ok, so we haven got quick ball..Christ, someone is going to have to make a decision here and do something.. Barnesy, want a minute? TPN, Poey? Want to smash it up on your own and get isolated. Fuck, I wish we all knew what we should be doing here.....I'll flap my arms about a bit for a second"

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I am not the biggest fan but we really missed Palu tonight. He does the hard yards up the middle and contests the ball very well in the tight, cleaning out all the while. There was a distinct lack of cohesion with our forwards. Sharpie had a good test and the rest were OK in parts. Kepu and Robbo were ineffectual in the tight. Horwill is proving hard to replace.
We can do a lot better, must do better if we are to come out of this championship with any kind of reasonable result.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
No one should be surprised that pack was smashed. Picked a lot of individuals without seeming to try for any balance. Couldn't believe the commentators pre-game talking up the backrow. It's one of the weakest played under Deans. I don't think Palu can be relied upon with his injuries but damn we need someone like him.

Honestly would be happy to drop every player from the Tah pack except Kepu for next week. It could easily be done without weakening the team. Slipper, Moore, Douglas/Simmons, Schatz, Fardy, Mowen could all do as well. The Tahs had so little cohesion and don't play as a 'pack' except at the set piece. It was obvious nothing had changed for these players in the wallaby camp. They could not work as a unit if there lives depended on it.

Moore has to start.

Slipper must be close to pushing Robinson out.
The last penalty was his first scrum so don't think you can reasonably use that to justify his non-selection.

Timani was not as bad as I thought he'd be. With other selections that play tighter he may be able to be carried but not without at least a couple of other changes to the pack. Whether he was good enough to warrant picking others to allow for his wider style is another matter altogether. But definitely not the worst in the pack.

Higgers is still best at 6 at tests.

Dennis. Not sold at this level. Would love to see Schatz have a run off the bench next week.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
I felt passion & effort was there from the Wallabies but execution was lacking, Why ? who would know the answer but them. I believe these players are good enough but I don't think they do. They were not far off tonight & I think they scared an Island of Kiwi's, they need a huge injection of "I think I can" . I feel better use of the bench is imperative in the last 20 min, that includes Genia, Sharpe & Ionie.

Hell yeah I was worried. I kept waiting for the ABs to get out of cruise control for more than minute or two at a time in that second half. They looked like a supremely confident team who knew the game was theirs. Hopefully they won't be as rusty next week.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We're really missing Lealiifano.........

Particularly with Cooper out of favour.........

Barnes' decision making and kicking in general was just atrocious.........

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
As far as a first test of the year with serious rivals, that was a pass mark. Handling errors by the AB's saved the Wobbs serious embarrassment. Which they seemed to be hell bent on causing themselves. Especially that Bum who not only looks like one but dropped a gimme pass.

Ben Franks came on, gave away a penalty in front. Useful... but not really.

Animal House had Deans Bench Disease - was really hoping to see Cruden/SBW for a bit, they are magic together.

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
And so to Eden Park. I thought the Ref, although in all probability technically correct, didn't allow the game to flow thereby affecting the Australian and New Zealand style of play . Both sides produced error ridden performances the more costly of which were made by the Wallabies.

Status
Not open for further replies.