• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 1 South Africa vs Argentina - 18 August

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Game 1 between SAF and Arg?

• Los Pumas - Argentina

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • The Bokke - South Africa

Votes: 24 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jiggles

Bit of a Meh game, to be honest. The Boks struggled at times in the scrum, and at others went ok. The Argies just didn't get off the line fast enough. If you get up and get in the faces of the Boks behind the gain-line it puts you on the front foot big time. It's the only way Australia has had the wood on them over the last few years despite having a weaker pack on paper.

Anyway the rematch next week will be interesting.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
the 6 for the pumas was a liability did wasnt effective at anythign but getting penalties. I also think that a centre reshuffle could do them some good. They didnt really have much go forward midfield. Camacho played well got really involved for a winger

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I'd be shifting Camacho to 13 and bringing in Imhoff onto the wing. I really liked Camacho's work rate and his strength in the tackle.
I also agree about Cabello doing nothing, can't say Galindo did anything either. I would have liked to see young De la Vega get a crack on the bench, reports suggest he was brilliant against le Bleu

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
Agreed. Lots of issues for us.

We lose massive with Bismarck gone. Our gainline work really suffers. Strauss is very loose.

Strauss had a great game, but yes, plays quite loose.

Back row balance is farked. I want to see your back row and hope the 30 Alberts played at 8 was convincing enough.

This is a pity, because the same back row works well for the Sharks, so it's not the balance, there is something else. I hate to say it, but Daniels hasn't stepped up to test rugby. It goes against my nature, but I would give him more chances, because he's very effective when playing well.

Jacques Potgieter is not a test standard rugby player. May he never start a test for the Boks. Farcical selection. Just crazy.

He's not terrible and he really give 100%. Not fussed if he's dropped, just saying he's not terrible.

Andries Bekker is anynomous. He needs to catch a BIG wakeup.

Also, I read somewhere that Bekker's problem in the lineout is that he calls everything to himself. Certainly looked that way on Saturday.

Why in fucks name do we not play a wider game when there is space. The backline play is robotic. On at least three occasions there was oodles of space but the players seem to be under strict instructions to force a breakdown in midfield.

100% agree. It's hard to believe these guys are at this level and can't see the space or make the right decisions.

I don't like much of what I am seeing under HM so far.

That's because you're never happy :)

He's W 3 D 1 L 0 so far.

We'll be hitting an All Black team who, if anything, look to have improved since last year. Can't expect miracles, but for me the test will be if we can beat the Wallabies, who are not at their best.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
We need Brussouw and Duanne in that lose trio.

Then it's an entirely new, and differently balanced trio. Both the above are good players, but Coetzee and Alberts aren't doing anything wrong to merit replacement right now.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Alberts and Coetzee should now be permanent in the backrow. But number 8 is a issue, I'd have Vermuelen >Kankowski > Spies if they were all available.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I would love to see next week:

6) Kolisi
7) Coetzee
8) Alberts

Unfortunately I have a better chance of banging Candice Swanepoel than seeing the above.

Was not familiar with the young lady so in order to further appreciate your post a quick search was undertaken. Thankyou sir.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Alberts and Coetzee should now be permanent in the backrow. But number 8 is a issue, I'd have Vermuelen >Kankowski > Spies if they were all available.
Agree with that order. I would have Daniel bracketed with Spies as third preference. Daniel was anonymous on the weekend against Argentina, but Spies has been anonymous in about 30 of the 50+ tests he has played. So Daniel deserves another opportunity to stake his claim (while the others are injured/unavailable at least).

Interesting to see what happens when/if Schalk Burger comes back. If he can come back and re-discover his form from last year he may force a re-think. Perhaps they will then re-visit the experiment of playing him at No.8? I would be happy with any of the following combinations:

8 - Vermuelen/Schalk/Kankowski
7 - Alberts/Vermuelen/Schalk
6 - Coetzee/Schalk/Kolisi

Edit - Noting that openside is 6 and blindside 7 in SA Rugby.

Edit 2 - Spies has been anonymous in about 30 of his tests, rather than 3 of his tests!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Agree with that order. I would have Daniel bracketed with Spies as third preference. Daniel was anonymous on the weekend against Argentina, but Spies has been anonymous in about 30 of the 50+ tests he has played. So Daniel deserves another opportunity to stake his claim (while the others are injured/unavailable at least).

Interesting to see what happens when/if Schalk Burger comes back. If he can come back and re-discover his form from last year he may force a re-think. Perhaps they will then re-visit the experiment of playing him at No.8? I would be happy with any of the following combinations:

8 - Vermuelen/Schalk/Kankowski
7 - Alberts/Vermuelen/Schalk
6 - Coetzee/Schalk/Kolisi

Edit - Noting that openside is 6 and blindside 7 in SA Rugby.

Edit 2 - Spies has been anonymous in about 30 of his tests, rather than 3 of his tests!
Schalk became a dad today of a son. Look like his boy maybe the Schalk in Bok jersey. Problem is the Spies/Daniels/Kankowski type will disappear when we play the All Blacks. Duanne should be there as quick as possible.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Schalk became a dad today of a son. Look like his boy maybe the Schalk in Bok jersey. Problem is the Spies/Daniels/Kankowski type will disappear when we play the All Blacks. Duanne should be there as quick as possible.
How did he go on the weekend?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I thought Daniel played well on the weekend. Alberts without saying he had a poor game didn't do much. It was all Daniel and Coetzee. I'd leave the backrow how it is.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I thought Daniels played well on the weekend. Alberts without saying he had a poor game didn't do much. It was all Daniels and Coetzee. I'd leave the backrow how it is.
Daniels? You cant be serious. He disappeared and we got beaten at the breakdowns, clean outs non consistent, McAwe will have a field day if we play the All Blacks with this combo. He is usually quick to the breakdowns.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Daniel was anonymous but deserves another chance. I still donlt like the balance of the back row though. Without Battleship we are going to get schooled at the breakdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.