• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 2 New Zealand vs Australia - 25 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yeah, I'm under the impression that Deans has a major hard on for JOC (James O'Connor) at flyhalf which could be detrimental to our side...

Deans thinks he'll put the Ice Ice Baby on the cake.

james-o-connor-vanilla-ice-hair-lookalike-1-600x400.jpg

Reido

Sydney Middleton (9)
What???? You have been watching the Tahs play this year? You did watch the June tests and last Saturday right? What ever Barnes has, it's not steadiness or decision making ability.

Too true. Decision making ability? Here's how it looked on Saturday. "Fuck, what should I do? I know, I'll kick it the most in form fullback in the world and let him run it back 60 meters and we can defend our gain line."

Barnes is shit. End of story. If you disagree, I think you're high. He stands flat footed, 15 meters behind the gain line, passes the ball to no one. His fellow team mates are standing still, because if they run, he'll be a quarterback not a flyhalf to be able to pass it to them. This style of play has nothing to do with how good or how poor the forwards are contesting the breakdown.

Barnes has the ability to place kick very well and also look like a kid that got a shit prezzie at Christmas with his pissed of Sookface. He used to be a great player, but now he blows, so much so, he should quit rugby, go raise his child and let his missus go get a job. Well maybe don't go that far, but you know what I mean. He is the reason the backline sucked on Saturday. Ant Finger knows how to run great lines. He was a great center for the Reds in 2011. He didn't spend too much time on the field this year. Quade runs onto the ball and has pin point accuracy with his passes with his whole backline running at the defence creating confusion as to whom will get the ball and where are they going to run.

I'd go as far to say, if Quade gets picked for Saturday's game, keep Rob Horne in the side, because I think Quade can even make him look good.

Quade just seems to be a different player this year. He seems to have humbled and is really ready to show everyone that he is much better than the QC (Quade Cooper) from the WC. His tackling has vastly improved and he seems to be reading the game a lot better and it seems to me that he understands that it is a team game now and not all about the razzle dazzle that he is very capable of. I say give him a shot. He's got a point he wants to prove and that's the mentality you want going into this do or die affair this saturday.

FYI, I'm not Quade's mum, girlfriend or publicist. Just a Wallaby fan that REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wants to beat those kiwi bastards from across the dutch. I want those bastards to be flogged and to be flogged by a record score. I can't wait for the day.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
If QC (Quade Cooper) doesn't perform reasonably this week i'd say his career as a Wallaby under Deans is over. Or maybe this was all a master ploy by Deans to see how important playing for his country is. He will now come back and take nothing for granted and be a/the man.

The speculation of dropping Beale from the match 22 is interesting. There is no way he will play that badly again and if he goes a couple of piggies need to as well. He does appear to have other things on his mind. Maybe having it taken away from as well may put things into perspective for him. A few players have seemed to think themselves bigger than the game lately. Might be just what he needs.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ah. There's the Ozzie confidence that's been missing of late. Refreshing.

Hahaha, I'd be saying the same thing if I was from Romania. No matter the odds you've always got to back your boys. Mind you, being both a Tahs and Wallabies supporter has constantly fucked me with my tipping. I stupidly always go with my heart over my head but it makes the wins that much better when you believe in them when others have fallen by the wayside. I'm sure long term Reds fans can attest to that.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
As much as we want to, there would be little to gain from making wholesale changes to the team. Having a week turn around is not long enough to bring out the Axe. If the time period was greater, I would have the axe sharpened and the block ready and a number of players would be cut. However, we are stuck for the main, with the same 22 as last week less injury.
The forwards I would mostly rotate. I would swap Robinson to the bench and bring Slipper in. I would swap TPN to the bench and bring Moore in. I would swap Timani to the bench and bring Simmons in. I would bring Hooper in for Pocock.
The backs, I would move Cooper to 10, Barnes to 12, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to 13, Mitchell to 14 and with Ioane at 11 and Beale at 15.
The bench would be Robinson, TPN, Timani, Samo, Phipps, Tapuai, Shippers.

The moment we have a fortnight between matches, then the axe can come out and we can chop out the dead wood. The players should be under no illusion, their performance this week will determine their international future.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
As much as we want to, there would be little to gain from making wholesale changes to the team. Having a week turn around is not long enough to bring out the Axe. If the time period was greater, I would have the axe sharpened and the block ready and a number of players would be cut. However, we are stuck for the main, with the same 22 as last week less injury.
The forwards I would mostly rotate. I would swap Robinson to the bench and bring Slipper in. I would swap TPN to the bench and bring Moore in. I would swap Timani to the bench and bring Simmons in. I would bring Hooper in for Pocock.
The backs, I would move Cooper to 10, Barnes to 12, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to 13, Mitchell to 14 and with Ioane at 11 and Beale at 15.
The bench would be Robinson, TPN, Timani, Samo, Phipps, Tapuai, Shippers.

The moment we have a fortnight between matches, then the axe can come out and we can chop out the dead wood. The players should be under no illusion, their performance this week will determine their international future.

Dude, for someone who was reluctant to swing the axe, there's a bit of chopping been done there! :D But at the risk of starting it all again, Simmons did nothing to move Timani out of the starting spot. I'm not saying Timani played well - only that he played much better than Simmons. The tight head came from Timani being checked for concussion and Simmons locking.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
So apparently Beale will be dropped from the 22?

I really cannot see the logic in this, yes he was crap on Saturday, but he is still the second best fullback in the world. Moving AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) there and bringing in an underdone Mitchell is not the solution.

T

TOCC

His stupidity in the games of the tri nations towards mccaw created a lot further pressure he wasn't able to handle. The pressure was self inflicted and still exists.

Plus, for the Brisbane match were he looked good he also looked bad in the ther one pre world cup.

Im just saying you cant argue Barnes is 'x amount better' based on a RC game and then compare it to Quade performance in the RWC Semi..
Barnes never started in the RWC Semi-final so we will never know how he would have performed..

Status
Not open for further replies.