• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 2 New Zealand vs Australia - 25 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
He's a second rower. That's his job! Next we'll have hookers who can't throw lineouts and props who don't pack scrums. If he doesn't win lineouts he's not a second rower so why is he being picked. if he's a back rower pick him there. That's right his work rates too low to be a back rower. So he's a notter. Not good at anything.

That's a bit of an old-fashioned view.

With Dennis, Higgers and Sharpe you don't necessarily need a 4th jumper. Timani can jump, he just isn't called very often as the other 3 are better jumpers.

I am not arguing for Timani's selection or non-selection, I just think rugby has more or less moved on from 'traditional' roles for locks. If you put Kane Douglas in there tomorrow (which I would like to see) I am not sure he would be jumping any more than Timani was.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
This seems popular to say except the fact that the forwards who were match fit gave nothing more. just makes it a forward wide issue and nothing to do with superugby fitness at all.

Can't agree. 5 of the 8 pigs were Tahs and there problems were well documented. All of them were shit. That leaves Higgers, Pocock and Sharpe. Only 1 of which was shit and the other two were best of the pigs. Again.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
5 of the 8 pigs were Tahs and there problems were well documented. All of them were shit. That leaves Huggers, Pocock and Sharpe. Only 1 of which was shot and the other two were best of the pigs. Again

You may be stretching that with Higgers......

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
In the past you also weren't allowed to lift in the lineout and the locks (in those days they were second rowers) were the tallest players in the forward pack.

Hence you threw the lineouts to them.

Now it should really just be the players who combine agility and ball skills the best.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
You may be stretching that with Higgers..
Nah he was definitely shit. Which is what I think No4918 is saying.

I have a theory that Higginbotham is still working out how to play 6, he has nowhere near worked out what to do at 8. Or in contact, body-height wise. That and that he needs a haircut. I think it would help his handling.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Nah he was definitely shit. Which is what I think No4918 is saying.

I have a theory that Higginbotham is still working out how to play 6, he has nowwhere near worked out what to do at 8. Or in contact. That and that he needs a haircut. I think it would help his handling.

If we're going to start on haircuts, we don't comment on anyone until JOC (James O'Connor) sorts his shit out.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
If we're going to start on haircuts, we don't comment on anyone until JOC (James O'Connor) sorts his shit out.
While JOC (James O'Connor)'s haircut is threatening his hamstring by increasing his wind resistance when he sprints and make him more upright, I don't think Higgers can actually see to catch the pill because the sparrows are scared out of their nests on his head when he sprints.

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
It's being reported in the press over here that the Wallabies,according to Timani ,do not intend to continue being nice to the AB's this week. Jeez we are done for.
That's right. And if you win again, we will be taking our ball home and won't be playing with you ever again.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Remember Robbie's shake up to the Wallaby XV this time last WC cycle? Why no shake up this time around?

Barely any ballsy selections in a major test match this year that weren't made through a forced hand.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)

Totally agree, the thing about history is that if you don't know it you are doomed to repeat its mistakes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345541225.198905.jpg

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Now Kepu is out with a grade 2 medial strain in his right knee.

Could be that Ben Alexander comes into the squad.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
So hookers have to throw straight because that's a basic. Props have to be good scrumagers because that's a basic. But a basic lock skill doesn't matter because one offload a game look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.