• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Game 2 New Zealand vs Australia - 25 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
It's time sine 1962.

Simply outclassed and out coached.

Anyone get the short kick count from the Wallabies?

Surely, I repeat surely no coach in the world would possibly tell their team to do that. Once again, the entire kicking performance was just atrocious. Even when Dagg went off, Ben Smith was having a field day.

Agreed, I was more referring to some of their backline movements and passing which was borderline ridiculous at times..

The AB's? yeah I can agree with that. I think you could tell that Sonny in particular wanted to go out and have some fun in his last test.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Thats it.

Dean has bought discarse to the wallabies,i much rsther see Eddie johns coach the team.
If someone know the all black best it's fucken deans.
If a break forum rule I don't mean to but that was more fucked than
Last week.

No breach of forum rules old boy, good old fashioned spite is more than welcome.

Myself, I need that gizmo from Men in Black that erases your memory. Stat !

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
A complete beat-down. ABs just smashed us and have put 50 on if they didn't have white line fever.

Wallabies need a change in leadership and an overhaul.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Know this will be unpopular, but can the anti deans talk go in that thread and the game talk stay in This one?

Understand some of it crosses over, but would be nice to discuss the game (however shit it was) than just bitch about individuals.

B

Bhagwan

I have not made a comment in a long time but Deans must go, wallabies are not motivated by a kiwi coach. Especially when he pick players out of form.
when we have a coach that has a game plan and picks players in form then we might have a chance. Bring on Ewen..

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
The Wallabies' tactics to win this game were completely unfathomable.

Everytime there was even a sniff of a break, before you could even utter kick, possession was again gifted away. Very, Very frustrating.

Searching desperately for positives, keeping the ABs to 1 try after giving them so many golden opportunities to score, is one. Hooper's & Gill's efforts, is two. Thereafter, I'm struggling.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I am absolutely disgusted. I saw absolutely NO passion for the gold jumper tonight.

Kudos to the Blacks, they knew our weaknesses and they exploited them ruthlessly. Dagg punished in open field and kick return, the Black piggies flew into the rucks with precision, and Dan Carter punished with his boot.

Even when we had a mountain of possession, the Blacks were totally in control. What is worse than a 22-0 scoreline? The fact that the All Blacks can play better. A lot better.

By contrast, the Wobs lacked imagination. Any momentum we had was snuffed out with poor support play, in contact and in open play. Our mindset of 'when in doubt, kick' served us poorly. HOW MANY TIMES DOES IT TAKE FOR US TO LEARN TO NOT KICK TO DAGG?

Early in the first half, our lineout was ascendent. However, when the Wobs kicked, they refused to kick to touch, and take advantage of the faltering Black lineout. Consequently, the Blacks regained their lineout composure, and then started pressuring our lineout!

Tactics were non existent. Support was non existent. I saw Moore take the ball up near the Black line in the second half, and no one was in support to secure the ball from the ruck. Not surprisingly, we got penalised for holding on. Numerous times, our poor body height and inaccuracy at the breakdown failed to shift bodies.

Body height when taking the ball up is also an issue. Why are the Wobs constantly running into defence upright?? Low body height and leg drive are your friends. It also helps when there is another forward right up your clacker, providing extra go forward over the advantage line. The Wobs do know what the advantage line is, don't they?

I will say that Timani had a good game tonight. I was actually impressed with his work ethic. Moore never took a backward step either. Other than that, our forward pack let us down. Again.

I am still confused as to what game plan our backs were running. Barnes featured heavily. Cooper was anonymous. Mitchell went off injured, and again Digby was left to carry the ball forward. I know it is difficult when our forwards are getting smashed, but this is incomprehensible.

Get the fucking passion back boys, I am sick and tired of mediocre rugby that is being played. This problem is systemic.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Timani earnt his jersey tonight. I am happy to eat my words as he proved me wrong. To be fair though it was his first good game in 5 or so starts.

Hooper was good aswell, also did the jersey proud in a tough match. Slipper was better than alexander, higgers was good at the lineout but not elsewhere. Dennis not upto it tonight.

- Barnes was shithouse.

- Beale looks off the pace
- Genia struggles without pack dominance
- Cooper struggles without runners.
- I thought Horne went alright, Ant Fainga'a was pretty anonymous.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
We are all bagging the shit out of the boys and some of it is justified but i cant question their heart tonight the all blacks where just to good. It will be interesting to see how the other teams go against the blacks. That will put things into perspective. Im inclined to say it will get messey against the boks and argies.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Your kidding right?
What exactly was awful about his game?
He made some good covering tackles and was disrupting AB ball..

Deans should not have brought him on to replace Dennis however, Wallabies required more physicality in the forwards and bringing a ball scavenger on was not going to achieve this.

No positional nous (I could be wrong, I thought he looked shit scared and was deliberately hiding from combat) combined with a level of impact that could be diplomatically described as finesse.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
I was happier that they at least tried to play positively.

It's just been so long since they tried they had no idea how.

It's interesting that the ABs are so fast up in defence, and still able to cover those short kicks.

Wobs look like they aren't interested in moving forward past contact.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Not surprising that the bounce of the ball and the rub of the green went the way of the All Blacks, they were playing all the rugby. I did think, however, that Australia was pretty good in defence a lot of the time - could easily have had another 20 or more points put on them. Sort of like the test we had against the French where they capitulated - this was similar without the defensive capitulation.

If we are going to have two opensides on the field, one of them must be Pocock. Otherwise, as others have said, the physicality just isn't there. I would love to see a backrow of Pocock, Palu (or really any player of this ilk who is up to it) and a grafter like Schatz or Dennis for 50 minutes and then bringing Hooper into the mix to play alongside Pocock.

Positives:

Hooper is up to it
Timani can be up to it
Cooper can tackle when he wants to. He doesn't stop them dead or push them back yet, but at least he gets them.

Status
Not open for further replies.