• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 1 Australia vs South Africa - 8 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 1 between SAF and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 52 64.2%
  • The Bokke – South Africa

Votes: 29 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
****ing jaapies.
Why? Sharpe should be cited, he acted like a true football player. Did you see? Did you see? Disappointing in this player. Can expect it from Waugh, never Sharpe. This usually happen when a player know when he is over the wall and need to retire.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Sorry Boet. If they start cite players making a fist meaning he want to bliksem, where se moer do you think this will end? That kid know to head butt, make no mistake and if he did Sharpe would have been in retirement. He was only Sharpening his Bok horn. Nothing init.

A headbutt, whether it connects or not, is a lot different to making a fist of even punching, and if he did connect with Sharpe he'd be having an extended holiday.
Look, he's a good player, he doesn't have to resort to Bakkies Botha type antics, these sorts of actions have gone the way of the dinosaur.

H

H...

Why? Sharpe should be cited, he acted like a true football player. Did you see? Did you see? Disappointing in this player. Can expect it from Waugh, never Sharpe. This usually happen when a player know when he is over the wall and need to retire.

Because you are trolling. There's a large rugby forum dedicated to trolling. Go over there.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
A headbutt, whether it connects or not, is a lot different to making a fist of even punching, and if he did connect with Sharpe he'd be having an extended holiday.
Look, he's a good player, he doesn't have to resort to Bakkies Botha type antics, these sorts of actions have gone the way of the dinosaur.
Well Bakkies is on stand by. Maybe he'll fine tune him now as a player.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
2 week ban for a pretend headbut that didn't even connect?! That is absolutely ridiculous. I cannot believe that. Sharpe milked that for all it was worth. What is the game coming to when players are trying to get others sent off? Simulation it's called in football (soccer).

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Agree 100% Its a total joke. Lost all my respect for Sharpe, he should go play poofball.
You have to be kiding me. He attempted a HEADBUTT. A freaking HEADBUTT. That's straight up foul play, somewhere in between facial stomping and eye gouging. Or did years of watching Bakkies play make it seem okay to you guys?

C'mon two weeks is fair for that. Although he has some work to do if he wants to execute it properlly next time........

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
You have to be kiding me. He attempted a HEADBUTT. A freaking HEADBUTT. That's straight up foul play, somewhere in between facial stomping and eye gouging. Or did years of watching Bakkies play make it seem okay to you guys?

C'mon two weeks is fair for that. Although he has some work to do if he wants to execute it properlly next time....
Boet every scrum have attempted HEADBUTTS init. Its part and parcel of rugby, its a war zone.

H

H...

I thought this place was supposed to be a place to discuss the rugby without all this shit?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Meantime back at the rugby. I thought it was going to be the same old shit different day when the Boks were well ahead at oranges; not that they were any great shakes, but that we were playing the same as we did against the All Blacks and deserved to be losing.

I shudder to think if we played against the Boks under the conditions NZ and the Pumas had in the earlier game. We would be like rabbits in the headlights because we can't kick, nor do we kick-chase very well when a kick is decent (- well except once, but why spoil a good rant?). Nor do we have decent long kickers, nor a left footed one. The best is Barnes off his wrong foot. It may serve in a 2nd Grade match, but I doubt it.

The Boks kicked well, especially Pineaar and Sideshow Bob; getting involved in kicking contests with them is like pissing in the wind.

And then there were the bonehead plays like Sharpe at the lineout: it would have embarrassed Ali Williams. But there was some good stuff from the Wobs in the 2nd half. Their bootstrap tackling of the Bok big boppers on the charge was thrilling sometimes and the physicality in the collisions lasted longer than just the start of the game as was the case in the Bledisloe matches.

And it's good to see Wobs like Samo making dominant tackles. I believe that Oz made more of these than the Bokke did. And we are beginning to see the worth of Timani. As for turnovers at the tackle: we must have won that contest.

The Wobs still look poorly coached; not by just Deans and Co but by all the coaches they have had in their careers. Our lads get to Super Rugby and test match rugby too soon: full of hope and promise but ill-formed and not rugby wise.

The getting into position during transition after a turnover, maybe even running back to go forward; the configuring of player clusters on either side of the ruck; the spacing of attackers to be where defenders are not, or will not be; the whiff of set-piece execution in phase play - all these were evident in the great Crusaders teams coached by Robbie Deans.

I do not mind so much that our players are not good enough to do these things, but I would like to see the Wobs showing some inkling that they have been exposed to such practices and evidence that they think they are promising elements in a game of rugby.

But, after all, they came back and scored 20-6 in the 2nd half, against a team that has been undefeated this year, shabby though they have been sometimes themselves.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
This site is far better because of the Boks & Kiwis contributions, it adds some balance and stops the monoculture getting too far over the top.

This time, Sharpe played the old cunning bastard and the young buck fell for it. One did something in niggling we whinge and moan about when other countries players do it to us and he got the kid to forget his discipline.

Neither came off with their reputations enhanced

Status
Not open for further replies.