• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 2 NZ vs Argentina - 8 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 3 Game 2 between NZL & ARG?

• The Darkness – New Zealand

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Re Roam-ah-no Yeah, those instructions should have changed - Richie not recognizing that it wasn't that type of night. I blame Dagg's pink training strip.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I mean to take nothing away from the All Blacks but the final score just doesn't reflect how this game went for the most part. The Argies were far better than that score would have you believe.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
It reflects how most teams end up after playing well for 65mins or so, then losing touch for just a few minutes and suddenly being 15points behind. It's an AB trademark. The constant threat wears them down.

Not to take anything from the Argies, love 'em, boof 'em etc, but the AB's didn't play well and again came away with a victory and a good margin.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
I don't think that anyone should be at all surprised that we pull away in the last 20 minutes. We've been doing that to the lesser ranked teams for time immemorial. Teams like the Argies and Ireland and Wales often put up a really good fight for 60 minutes but they can't stay for the whole game. I can remember David Kirk talking about this phenomenon in his autobiography and Ted mentioned it in his latest book too.

With this in mind, I don't really think the scoreline was flattering to us. We pretty much controlled the game from about the 50th minute on.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Unfortunately for the Argies, the Sin Bin happened to coincide with the Darkness hitting their purple patch, as well as Los Pumas running out of puff.

A tired 14 man team will struggle against a resurgent 15 man team.

Argies played bravely and have the ability to upset someone this season (as if a draw vs The Bokke doesn't constitute an upset). Hopefully it will not be the Men in Gold that are on the wrong side of the Argie upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.