• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 1 New Zealand vs South Africa - 15 Sep

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 4 Game 1 between SAF and NZL?

• The Darkness – New Zealand

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • The Bokke – South Africa

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Not really - who's unbeaten since the last 3N game ever and current RWC Champs? So you can play the ball and the rules, not the man, and win. :)

Nothing like continually blowing your own trumpet is there Scorz? Out of interest, how many of those unbeaten games have been played in New Zealand? All but one is it?

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Continually? Please, do link to the other incidents of trumpeting.

edit: Is scheduling really still an issue? After all the nations sign off on it? If so, rejoice - the AB's are about to embark on a roadie.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Continually? Please, do link to the other incidents of trumpeting.

edit: Is scheduling really still an issue? After all the nations sign off on it? If so, rejoice - the AB's are about to embark on a roadie.
You missed the point of my post. I have no issue with scheduling and there's no denying that the AB's are the best team in the world at the moment by some distance. But the significance of an unbeaten run diminishes slightly when you consider only one out of however many games was played away from home.

Interested to see how they go on their road trip. If they can maintain their unbeaten status, then you are welcome to reach for your trumpet again. ;)

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
I think you just wanted to accuse me of gloating and got called on the lack of evidence, and I'm not really interested in getting your permission to simply state fact without just posting statistics like a dry balls.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
What are you on about?? I stand by everything that I posted. You want some evidence of gloating or your one-eyed view on recent events/games?
Agree with all of this. What's unfortunate for the other teams is that they're playing like shit and still winning.

Clearly you are correct. The AB's are the only team playing shit at the moment. All other teams are playing well, but the shit AB's are still better than them.

The AB's have plenty of scope for improvement, while the other teams are pretty much at their peak. Look out when the AB's get it right!

Yeah you'd think it's easy to remember 60-0, but I guess they had other things on their mind.
clear.png

We won't mention the previous week where the AB's came within a last minute drop goal of being the first ever AB team to lose to Ireland on home soil.

NZ vs SA is just that much harder hitting isn't it. The collisions, the aggression, the pressure.
The All Blacks are still playing like shit v the next best teams in the world. And winning. I think they need a week of just practising basics or something. Let the magic happen by itself.

Again, it's only the AB's who have room for improvement. The Boks didn't blow two try-scoring opportunities through poor execution (unforced errors as opposed to AB pressure) and miss countless kicks at goal. They were basically playing at their potential, but the shit AB's were still too good for them.

When other teams play poorly against the AB's, it's due to the AB's putting pressure on them. But when the AB's aren't playing well, it's self-enforced.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Bris just ignore him he would appear to misread every post and blindly formulate his own interpretations to suit his own insular and one sided opinion.

He is probably used to it with the one sided drivel on that other forum where they ban everyone not prepared to join in on the circle jerk of darkness.

J

Jay

We won't mention the previous week where the AB's came within a last minute drop goal of being the first ever AB team to lose to Ireland on home soil.

We probably won't cause Ireland weren't leading before that drop goal went over, or indeed any point after the 41st minute.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
What are you on about?? I stand by everything that I posted. You want some evidence of gloating or your one-eyed view on recent events/games?
I'm on about you telling me when and what I can say. And yes. And that's your one-eyed interpretation of my observations.
Clearly you are correct. The AB's are the only team playing shit at the moment. All other teams are playing well, but the shit AB's are still better than them.

The AB's have plenty of scope for improvement, while the other teams are pretty much at their peak. Look out when the AB's get it right!
I did not say any of these things. You're inventing transgressions to suit your own accusations.

I didn't realise the entire series was a)relevant or b)thrown into question by 1 close result in 3 games c)do anything except respond to a silly bit of banter.

Again, it's only the AB's who have room for improvement. The Boks didn't blow two try-scoring opportunities through poor execution (unforced errors as opposed to AB pressure) and miss countless kicks at goal. They were basically playing at their potential, but the shit AB's were still too good for them.

When other teams play poorly against the AB's, it's due to the AB's putting pressure on them. But when the AB's aren't playing well, it's self-enforced.
Again, I didn't say any of the above, you're inventing things to get upset about. I'm naturally more invested and therefore more likely to comment on the performance of my own team, about which I am very critical.
I don't offer an opinion on the play of the other team since anything I would have to say has usually already been said anyway by the local Aussies or Saffa's in previous posts.

Have you got any actual examples of me posting "The AB's won so HA!" or the like (actual gloating/trumpeting) or shall we just wrap this up here?

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Bris just ignore him he would appear to misread every post and blindly formulate his own interpretations to suit his own insular and one sided opinion.

He is probably used to it with the one sided drivel on that other forum where they ban everyone not prepared to join in on the circle jerk of darkness.

This site is more objective and tolerant of dissent than the Fern - far more.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Have you got any actual examples of me posting "The AB's won so HA!" or the like (actual gloating/trumpeting) or shall we just wrap this up here?

What's the point? Apparently everything I interpret from what you're writing is completely wrong and clearly you interpret everything I write in a way that is far removed from the point I was actually making. So basically we are both banging our heads against a brick wall.

So let's move on.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
We'll lose to SA in 3 weeks if our forwards get bossed at the breakdown like they did in the first half.

I am unconvinced Messam has the necessary physicality to handle the Boks at full tilt.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Agree on the breakdown - I blame Romano Livingston Seagull chiefly. Think if Retallick starts and Hansen can see past his red and black nose to pick a non-Cantab 3rd lock we'll do fine.

Messam is the best of what we have - Vito doesn't add physicality.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Hi guys. A bit more respect for each other and a little less spite please. People are starting to talk. And the next step after that is cards.
The mods.

Sent using Tapatalk

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I think you just wanted to accuse me of gloating and got called on the lack of evidence, and I'm not really interested in getting your permission to simply state fact without just posting statistics like a dry balls.

Because you gloat. It's what you do. And when you get called out you are right up on the moral high ground.

This is your style and it has been ever since you have been on the fern and here.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I think I would like to see F Steyn outside Goosen before I make that call. F Steyn is at his best if he runs off someone. He is nullified because of M's hanging back in the pocket.

He tends to try and do too much but at the moment he may as well not be on the park because all he gets to work with is scraps in broken play.

And for his defense at 12 alone I would tend to keep him.

If that doesn't work out I would be inclined to move him back to 15.
I'll switch Jean and Frans. We need Goosen in 10.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
I'll switch Jean and Frans. We need Goosen in 10.

At this point I'd consider dropping Frans. His option taking has been terrible at times. He's a great individual player but needs some serious work by a smart coach (an Aussie coach would help).

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
At this point I'd consider dropping Frans. His option taking has been terrible at times. He's a great individual player but needs some serious work by a smart coach (an Aussie coach would help).
I'll say it again. No 12 would look good outside M Steyn. Frans getsd no time, does not have anyone to run off and when he gets the ball it's mostly messy.

Suggesting he should be dropped with a) Steyn inside him and b) zero attacking structure is premature.

Status
Not open for further replies.