• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 Argentina vs Australia - 6 Oct

Who will win 2012 Rugby Championship Round 6 Game 2 between ARG and AUS?

• The Men In Gold – Australia

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Los Pumas – Argentina

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Team Rehab

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Draw - Rugby is the Winner

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Yeah, the same mighty Argentinian side that just had 50 put past them will surely tear us a new arse in 7 days time. I don't think so.

Might not be a pretty match but we will get the job done. If not, Robbie might as well get off the plane in Auckland on the way back.
The same team that almost beat us on the Gold Coast, beaten by another team that kept us scoreless in Auckland.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Enough piss farting around with Alexander at THP and Slipper at LHP. Swap them around into the positions they actually play most of their rugby at.

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
1. Robinson
2. Fainga'a
3. Alexander
4. Timani
5. Sharpe
6. Pocock
7. Hooper
8. Higginbotham
9. Sheehan
10. Beale
11. Ioane/Cummins
12. Harris
13. McCabe
14. Shipperly
15. Morahan

16. Hanson
17. Ryan
18. Neville
19. Gill
20. Phipps
21. Fainga'a
21. Tapuai/Cummins

I would like to see the inclusion of Nic White, Mowen and Mogg...

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I agree with those picking Morahan. He needs to be flown over asap.

Hopefully they can speed up the visa situation. Actually is this a new thing because when I went there I don't recall having to get a visa? Needed one for Brazil but not Argentina.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
If McCabe is forced to fullback or wing, I'd like to see Harris at 12. He is very underrated, and has been killing it at club level. Taps would be ideal but I suspect he will be overlooked again.

9- Phipps
10- Beale
11- Cummins
12- Harris
13- Fainga'a
14- Shipperely
15- McCabe

20- Sheehan
21- Tapuai
22- Morahan

Or alternatively, McCabe to 12 and Morahan to 15.
The Argies will be sending an arial raid down to our back three, and that's why Morahan may get the nod over Cummins.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The wallabies keep wanting to use the width of the back line from within their own half, particularly passing to their left. The weakness that keeps getting exposed when they get shut down is the lack of a left foot kicker, so we end up with Barnes or Beale having to use their wrong foot to kick, which then turns into the 'dribbly little grubber'. Including Tapuai in the team at 13 would solve this issue.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Alexander and Slipper have both being playing better than Robinson. Start them for f***'s sake.

If Tapuai is there, play him. He was one of the standouts of the QLD Premier Rugby GF for me (along with a handful of Uni players).

I'd go:
9. Phipps
10. Harris/Beale
11. Ioane/Cummins
12. Tapuai
13. Fainga'a
14. Shipperley
15. Beale/Harris

Have Harris come up and play 10 in defense to give Kurtley some room to counterattack on kick returns, then let him play 10 in attack. Harris should be in there somewhere for his kicking with Barnes out (he took about 10 kicks in the PR GF and only missed one from my recollection).

R

randalf8

Alexander and Slipper have both being playing better than Robinson. Start them for f***'s sake.

If Tapuai is there, play him. He was one of the standouts of the QLD Premier Rugby GF for me (along with a handful of Uni players).

I'd go:
9. Phipps
10. Harris/Beale
11. Ioane/Cummins
12. Tapuai
13. Fainga'a
14. Shipperley
15. Beale/Harris

Have Harris come up and play 10 in defense to give Kurtley some room to counterattack on kick returns, then let him play 10 in attack. Harris should be in there somewhere for his kicking with Barnes out (he took about 10 kicks in the PR GF and only missed one from my recollection).

and the bench is Frisby, Lucas, Davies, Morahan and Lance, amirite?

McCabe has been about our only back that goes forward. Dropping him for Tapuai because he played well in club footy is a joke.

T

TOCC

Morahan wont be picked, he hasnt been involved in the Wallaby squad and thus doesn't suit RD criteria.. he will be a bench player at best...

J

Jiggles

and the bench is Frisby, Lucas, Davies, Morahan and Lance, amirite?

McCabe has been about our only back that goes forward. Dropping him for Tapuai because he played well in club footy is a joke.

McCabe was pretty poor on the weekend. running to up right like he did against the Irish, not using his outside men effectively (whats new there...) along with being caught out positionally in defense a number of times.

R

randalf8

McCabe was pretty poor on the weekend. running to up right like he did against the Irish, not using his outside men effectively (whats new there.) along with being caught out positionally in defense a number of times.

Everyone was poor on the weekend. McCabe previously put in about the only decent centre performance of the tournament. Suggesting he be dropped for Tapuai is no more than a desperate attempt to shoehorn more Reds in.

J

Jiggles

Everyone was poor on the weekend. McCabe previously put in about the only decent centre performance of the tournament. Suggesting he be dropped for Tapuai is no more than a desperate attempt to shoehorn more Reds in.

At least Tapuai has been playing well in club footy unlike McCabe who only got 30 minutes before being declared ready. But you're right, identifying in form players as options to injuries should be dismissed because they come from Queensland..

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
He changed his running style?
When did he die with the ball with players open outside him?
He did let one get get outside him once, one poster incorrectly called him out of position for their first try,when else was he positionally poor?
BTW, when he ran too upright against the Irish, they held him up and forced the scrum.This was possible because our piggies were not right behind him at contact.
Had he run with lower body height, he would have been grounded and required to place the ball.What would have happened then?
The numpties would have bagged him for poor leg drive, and for being unable to hold his feet until the cavalry arrived.

R

randalf8

At least Tapuai has been playing well in club footy unlike McCabe who only got 30 minutes before being declared ready. But you're right, identifying in form players as options to injuries should be dismissed because they come from Queensland..

Is McCabe injured? I thought he played 80 last night.

Have no problem with Tapuai's inclusion on that basis, I just don't think he should be the starting 12 only 2 weeks or so after McCabe put in the only centre performance of the season that wasn't dogshit.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Perfect comparison, they have identical prior performances at Test level don't they?

T

TOCC

Drop Benn Robinson for Slipper, Robinson is just a plodder at the moment... He needs to be dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.