• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 Queensland Premier Rugby Tipping Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Hi guys. Sorry for no update. I'm away on holidays. Will post this weeks form this arvo.

Edit: Round 2 tipping up now

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Have posted the ladder after Round 2 just now.

Round 1 - Tipsters of the round were Peter Griffin and jordan who both managed 4/5
Round 2 - Will and Red heavy have both tipped the 3 winners from the games played

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'll stick with everyones tips from the weekends games that are to be played tomorrow night.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
After the game last night we have an outright leader with Red Heavy being alone on 7 points.

I'd be interested in some feedback on the handicapping so far. It adds a bit more interest in my eyes. If not for a late try last night the tipping would have gone the other way in a game where a team won by 24 points.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
After the game last night we have an outright leader with Red Heavy being alone on 7 points.

I'd be interested in some feedback on the handicapping so far. It adds a bit more interest in my eyes. If not for a late try last night the tipping would have gone the other way in a game where a team won by 24 points.

I don't like it. Rugby isn't about maths. Ask any rugby player, any real rugby player. It doesn't matter if you win by a point or 100 points. Winning is winning.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Hey Jets the new system is a winner. And your starts are pretty fair.
Every game is a conundrum, rather than some games having an obvious winner.
Will challenge every tipster that fancies themselves.
Don't listen to any whingers.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Your tip sheet lists easts twice jets. It should be souths vs wests

EDIT: and are you sure about your Sunnybank v BReakers handicap, it seems to good to be true

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Fixed now, thanks TD.

As for the Sunnybank v GC they are both yet to get a win.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Results from the weekend. Wheatman did very well tipping 4/5. None of us thought Sunny Coast would cover the margin and only finish 10 points behind Uni.

Wheatman 4
Elmasri 3
Red Heavy 3
leakytap 3
Rugbywatch 3
Scott Allen 3
TD 3
Crackers 3
Jets 3
Ripper868 2
East Coast Aces 2
Refabit 2
Sunnysideup 2
Pauly 2
SouthernX 2
Thinker 1
Crusher 1

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
3 tipsters managed a perfect round this week. Red Heavy has pulled away at the top and last years winner East Coast Aces is back on form. Refabit has jumped a few places on the table too.

Red Heavy 5
Refabit 5
East Coast Aces 5
Elmasri 4
Will 4
Pauly 4
leakytap 4
Jets 3
crackers 2
Thinker 2
TD 2
SouthernX 2
Wheatman 2

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
3/4 was the best we had this weekend. When I read the results I was sure that anyone that could tip the round knew nothing about form. Congratulations to Will and SouthernX, both moving up the table.

Will 3
SouthernX 3
Jets 2
East Coast Aces 2
elmasri 2
Refabit 2
Rugbywatch 2
Wheatman 2
TD 2
Red heavy 2
Pauly 2
leakytap 2
Crackers 1
Sunnysideup 1
Crusher 1
Thinker 1

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Some real issues with my handicaps this week. Should make for interesting tipping. All teams have big starts.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I don't have the patience to wait for team lists just gone on gut feel. I might re-submit tomorrow after seeing team lists and analyzing form and stats.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I re-Submitted Jets so please take my latest tips.

I actually think GPS are a bit of a myth when you look at the calibre of teams they have played so far. The only win of note has been against Easts and the last two games of the Tigers has suggested to me that GPS caught them on an off day. Although, it could just be that a lack of a really good Fly Half prevents them capitalizing on the scoreboard.

They are about to enter a tough 4 game patch and I suspect after this we will see them drop out of the top 4 for Uni who aren't the same team as last year but will do enough to make the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.