• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 Super Rugby Semi Final - Bulls vs Brumbies

Who will be playing the Super Rugby Grand Final against a team from NZ?

• Bulls

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Brumbies

Votes: 25 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
The real question is: how fit are the Brumbies at the moment?
I hope I'm wrong, but I think they're far away from their best. Their performace level has been steadily lowering in the second half of the season and the last two games were very disappointing. The Lions tour, which many Brumbies took part in, was probably back and nerve-breaking for most of them and I guess it is hard to come back after a week fully fit and ready for the final round of the competition and the superrugby play-offs.
Then they had a long flight to Pretoria and just a few days to get used to a new time zone, to knock into shape and try to beat the Bulls where they haven't lost a game this season. Very difficult, but let's say "go Brumbies".

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Fitness is not an issue for the Brumbies, cohesiveness and effectiveness are the things to be worried about.
Bulls scrum and lineout are easy pickings and Joubert will most likely penalise the hell out of them. Good for the Brumbies, we will need every penalty with kickbot nailing them from his 22.
Bulls haven't lost a finals game at Loftus, let's change that!

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Fitness is not an issue for the Brumbies, cohesiveness and effectiveness are the things to be worried about.
Bulls scrum and lineout are easy pickings and Joubert will most likely penalise the hell out of them. Good for the Brumbies, we will need every penalty with kickbot nailing them from his 22.
Bulls haven't lost a finals game at Loftus, let's change that!

Scrum definitely. We are pissweak at LH. Walkover for any half decent scrum.

Lineout not so easy. The two Potgieter's are both as good in the air as Mowen. The problem for the Bulls is they are used to plucking apart the opposition lineout at Loftus and without Juandre Kruger they will not achieve this.

But I would be very surprised to see the Bulls lose any of their own ball. I doubt there is a Super team that spends as much time as they do on lineouts considering the fact that Matfield coaches the forwards.

Jake White will target the breakdown because that's where the Stormers gave us hell 2 weeks ago and killed off the game. I think the Brumbies will edge the breakdown but can they turn it into enough points? Only if they play the game in the Bulls half and with Steyn that's always hard.

Gurz

Allen Oxlade (6)
Jake White will target the breakdown because that's where the Stormers gave us hell 2 weeks ago and killed off the game. I think the Brumbies will edge the breakdown but can they turn it into enough points? Only if they play the game in the Bulls half and with Steyn that's always hard.

The question will be with 4x Saffa refs what interpretation will be extended at breakdown..... with Morne's kicking it maybe a struggle.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The question will be with 4x Saffa refs what interpretation will be extended at breakdown... with Morne's kicking it maybe a struggle.

Are you suggesting the Saffa refs have a different interpretation? I don't think so. Besides the Brumbies know the ref very well.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Assistant ref changes:

Jaco Peyper is out and replaced by Jonathan Kaplan.
Stuart Berry is out and replaced by Marius Jonker.

I just hope Jonker is paying attention to knock ons this time.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Assistant ref changes:

Yeah well at least we won't see the home side being handed a penalty on the buzzer for nothing. :)

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
Apparently only 30k tickets have been sold for this match. Everyone saving their $ for a final in loftus maybe?

Not so confident. Not with that average Bulls pack anyways.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Nice story by Chris Dutton in this morning's GAGR email on the Brumbies team spirit and "brotherhood".

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I think that is all down to the way Jake has the players interacting with each other. They eat breakfast and lunch together at HQ and that makes the bond strong by talking to each other, not just about Rugby.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The most compelling stat at the end of this game will be the amount of time the ball has been out of play. The crowd will dominate the possession states me thinks. If one team can pick apart the others lineout, they will dominate this game.

Go and get 'em Brumbies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The most compelling stat at the end of this game will be the amount of time the ball has been out of play. The crowd will dominate the possession states me thinks. If one team can pick apart the others lineout, they will dominate this game.

Go and get 'em Brumbies.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Assistant ref changes:

Did SANZAR provide an explanation for the changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.