• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2014 – ITM CUP - NZ's 3rd Tier Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Dumbest bit of play I've seen on a Rugby field.

Well done Manawatu.

EDIT: On replay the fullback was up, but still, bloody hell.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bay looking for the winner but chip/ grubber goes straight into a Bucketheads arms, he runs, he centre-kicks, he kicks again & scores! Conversion attempt is a shocker, 32-24 FT.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/provincial/10661399/Manawatu-rally-to-win-NPC-championship

Aus viewers should note that FMG doubles as a speedway/ stock car circuit so the mesh is to stop stray tyres & bits of cars, not restrain the crowd. In saying that it'll be all on at the Fitz, the Albert & the Awapuni tonight (assuming any or all of them are still trading). Congrats Manawatu, best team in the Championship all year & reckon they'll go OK in the Prem provided they can retain most of their players.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yehaa,you right about the Fitz.Albert,Awapuni and add in Fat Lady's Arms WOP. Geez was saying to boy during game how good to be there and wander up the road to new Plymouth for the Naki/Makos game tomorrow!!
Just a note (again) you don't have to mickey with rules in rugby, just get teams to play like that! Heads up rugby with basic skills of running on to the ball and support will usually give you good rugby!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Finally found a Makos team list. Teams & officials for tomorrow are:

Taranaki: 15 James Marshall (c), 14 Codey Rei, 13 Seta Tamanivalu, 12 Charlie Ngatai, 11 Waisake Naholo, 10 Marty McKenzie, 9 Chris Smylie, 8 Blade Thomson, 7 Berny Hall, 6 Mitchell Crosswell, 5 James Broadhurst, 4 Riki Hoeata, 3 Angus Ta'avao, 2 Rhys Marshall, 1 Mitchell Graham.
Replacements: 16 Sione Lea, 17 Ryan Cocker, 18 Mitchell Brown, 19 Iopu Iopu-Aso, 20 Jamison Gibson-Park, 21 Jackson Ormond, 22 Kurt Baker.

Tasman: 15 Robbie Malneek, 14 Bryce Heem, 13 Kieron Fonotia, 12 Tom Marshall, 11 James Lowe, 10 Marty Banks, 9 Jimmy Cowan, 8 Liam Squire, 7 Shane Christie, 6 Pete Samu, 5 Joe Wheeler, 4 Alex Ainley, 3 Ross Geldenhuys, 2 Quentin MacDonald, 1 Siua Hulanukunuka.
Replacements: 16 Jesse MacDonald, 17 Reuben Northover, 18 Tevita Cavubati, 19 Vernon Fredricks, 20 Billy Guyton, 21 David Havili, 22 Mitchell Scott.

Date: Saturday, October 25
Kick-off: 19:35 local (07:35 BST, 06:35 GMT) EDIT: 16:35 Brisbane, 17:35 Sydney
Venue: Yarrow Stadium, New Plymouth
Referee: Glen Jackson
Assistant referees: Nick Briant, Damian Botherway
Television match official: Glenn Newman

FWIW PlanetRugby are going Makos by 3.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Awesome game, good on the Turbos. The most boring place in the world will be going off tonight!

Not a fan of Palmy hawktrain? I quite liked it there. Has a big country town feel

Great result and great to see the Palmy crowd go off.

Tongia definitely had the right idea in my view. Had a couple outsides running on and a bit of space to work with BUT given his league background, I think he had the rush of blood 5th tackle mindset. Shame as he's had a very good season.

Turbos scrum was awesome and Black and Skudder were very good

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not a fan of Palmy hawktrain? I quite liked it there. Has a big country town feel

"You [John Cleese] once said that, “If you ever do want to kill yourself, but lack the courage, I think a visit to Palmerston North will do the trick”. What brought on this resentment and utter hatred for this little place in New Zealand?

"(Laugh) Just occasionally when you’re on a tour you get a town that’s particularly depressing. When you do have that the best thing to do is to hate it and to enjoy hating it because then you don’t get depressed. And all of us at that particular occasion and at that particular time fell in hate with Palmerston North and although it kicked up a fuss at the time there was a second slew of letters that came to us from people in Palmerston North saying, “You’re absolutely right. It is a dump”. So the opinion in Palmerston North itself was divided 50/50."

https://au.movies.yahoo.com/on-show...cleese-we-fell-in-hate-with-palmerston-north

Hence, I think:

someone tell john cleese

There's also a joke about getting to the T-junction of SH57 in Shannon & having to decide whether to turn right to Palmy or left to the local cemetery. The fact is that Palmy is both wetter & windier than Wellington but whereas one has a spectacular harbour the other has, um, absolutely nothing memorable, really.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)

WO has it, it's the John Cleese line. I have been to Palmy briefly a couple of years ago and had nothing against it. People were very nice, rugby museum was great, quite a nice drive from Wellington and back. Stoked for the bucketheads to have something to celebrate.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
quite a nice drive from Wellington and back.

Yeah, you get to drive through this joint:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Check out the YouTube vid, Levin flash mob haka or some such.

Status
Not open for further replies.