• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2014 IRB Junior World Championship – New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Have they checked the birth certificates of the South Africans?

Incept Dates, I think you meant to say.

Refs had enough, Tucker YC so we're a man down for the duration. SA take the lineout option, set up the drive & finally go over in the corner. BP try, 31-17 & baby blacks may struggle to qualify for the semis.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Except he just did a Placid and will be just as costly.
He should have passed inside.

But I think there are some parallels with the earlier game. Kiwis still have skills but are being out-played and out-muscled. Plus their squad preparation is not as good as it could be compared to the U20 6N or the varsity comps, etc in SA.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So NZ won't get a bonus point either. Aus u20s will be kicking themselves, could've sent NZ packing.

England, SA, Ireland, France to go through.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Am I right in saying that only the best team that doesn't top its group goes through? If that's the case then we need no four try bonus points and someone to lose by 8 or more.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The NZRU are a bunch of a fucking retards - they refused to play Australia pre-tournament.

Am I right in saying that only the best team that doesn't top its group goes through? If that's the case then we need no four try bonus points and someone to lose by 8 or more.

We're done and so are NZ. Ireland and France will go through from their pool.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Tits for hands. Unbelievable error rate from BBs.
Seth Africans will deal to the poms if they get that far, and play like this

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ah sheet. Well done baby boks, our guys just not quite up to it - plenty of talent in the backs but lacking size up front. Baby boks on the other hand had both.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Great win from our Bokkies. Schickerling (4) sure look very good in this one and looking forward to see him in the Stormers jersey. Handre also lead well. The Blacks nr11 was impressive but our scrum and tight 5 played really well. Two 18 year olds in the pack. Well done!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Have they checked the birth certificates of the South Africans?
:) Well I try to tell you about them. You aint see nothing yet! Vermeulen, Schickerling, Thomas du Toit, Dehan vd Merwe was still in school last year but WeePee will field one hellof a talented u18 team this year in CC, some of them will play for the Stormers next year. Exciting times ahead!

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
What a ridiculous attitude to have towards 19year old kids playing their best.. Mistakes happen, get a grip..

Australia were beaten by the better team, conceding 38points is the reason Australia lost.
No, not ridiculous.
It's not the 38 points scored against us,that might rule us out,but the margin.
He is a professional Rugby player,who committed a selfish act that a kid in the suburban 13B's would get dropped for.
That is worthy of comment.

Edit: I think both centres might have made the same decision in this situation.
I am also almost certain that they both would have dished, in this same situation in the U 13's.
It speaks volumes as to how the game is being developed.

T

TOCC

No, not ridiculous.
It's not the 38 points scored against us,that might rule us out,but the margin.
He is a professional Rugby player,who committed a selfish act that a kid in the suburban 13B's would get dropped for.
That is worthy of comment.

Professional player? He isn't even in the Reds EPS, he is a 19yr old in Wider Training Squad of 30 players who don't get paid..

But hey, if you want to blame him for Australia's performance then that's fine, I personally don't see the merit in scapegoating a 19yr old kid for the failure of a collective team..

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just watching the replay now Stewart must have be on fire in the trials because he is very average in this England game think it's time to bring in Burton

Status
Not open for further replies.