• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015 IRB Junior Rugby World Cup - Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugby roo

Peter Burge (5)
If thats the mail secret squirrel they are not bad replacements neither of them will let the side down.
Hope the injured lads are fixable .
It also justifies having a few more in the squad from day one.i think.
it seems quite rightly that this tournament is being taken very seriously by all camps.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He went off early and was replaced at 7 by Olly Kamp, who did OK there incidentally.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
150502%20AUSvSAMOA%202.jpg

Aus v Sam Match Report from ARU here:
http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsAr...’s-outmuscles-Samoa-in-tight-first-match.aspx
22421_10153217398885731_9060224760872303998_n.jpg

150502%20nz%20v%20Japan.jpg

NZ v Jap Match Report from ARU here:
http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsAr...-Oceania-Rugby-Junior-Championship-match.aspx

rugby roo

Peter Burge (5)
Just saw a replay of Samoa V Aus. the scrummage technique needs a lot of work imo.
The lateral stability front front row is non existent.
When the front row is pivoting around no 2 (on plan) even slightly you are going to wheel out of control constantly because your whole backrow force is coming through so low.
Aus certainly have the blocks to develop a very competitive scrum what ive seen but 1,2 &3 need the brains trust to go to work on them and now.
If NZ spot this flaw they will milk penalty after penalty at scrum time.At leasr 1&3 have to be taught how to keep torso rigid and lower body hinged ro compensate for scrum control.
Three tree trunks with eyes in the front row are easy pickings for a smart coach at this level.unless they fix it.
Mr Blades go to work.

B

Bobby Sands

Thanks for the photos!! Gives a good indication of the game, it looks like Duncan was dangerous, which is good to see. Also very to hear that we have what sounds like a dominant 10.

Look forward to hearing me details.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Congratulations for the new Captain announced for tomorrows match against Japan U20
150504%20dalgleish%20edit%20.jpg

Captain James Dalgleish

Australia U20’s to play Japan:
1. Aaron Pleash
2. Folau Faainga
3. Fereti Saaga
4. Harrison Williams
5. Lukhan Lealaialoto-tui
6. Sam Croke
7. Olly Kamp
8.Hayden Anderson
9. Harry Nucifora
10.James Dalgleish (c)
11. Joey Fittoch
12. Jack Redden
13. Alex Newsome
14. Christian Yassmin
15. Tyson Davis

Reserves
16. Connal McInerney
17. Cameron Orr
18. Tyrell Lomax
19. Riley Winter
20. Jack McCalman
21. James Tuttle
22. Andrew Deegan
23. Andrew Kellaway

Team Rehab update:
Australian Sevens squad member Brad Wilkin has unfortunately suffered a hamstring injury that will prevent his further participation in the tournament, with New South Welshman, Jack McCalman being called into the side. Wilkin will remain with the squad completing his rehabilitation with the Australian U20’s medical team.

http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsAr...tralian-squad-to-be-tested-against-Japan.aspx

The match will kick off on Tuesday 5 May at 3pm at Bond University on the Gold Coast and will be streamed live through www.rugby.com.au, with New Zealand to play Samoa at 1pm.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Looks like The Secret Squirrel was nearly there. No Hutch, but Joey the Whippet has been added:
Sam Croke (starting) , Jack McCalman (bench) and Joey Fittock (starting) have been added to the squad.
They seem to replace Wilkin, Gunn or Fakaosilia, and TBA outside back ?

The Supernumeraries for tomorrow seem to be:
Matthew Sandell
Mitch Third
Adam Korczyk
Sione Tuipolotu
Ned Hanigan
Duncan Paia’aua

Team Rehab (confirmed)
Brad Wilkin

Team Rehab possible
Michael Gunn
Lolo Fakaosilea

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
1. Aaron Pleash
2. Folau Faainga
3. Fereti Saaga
etc

This is the Aussie seconds as it should be. Not too many surprises though I thought that 2. FF (Folau Fainga'a) would be the premier hooker before this tournament, though I always rated CMcI in my posts.

I wouldn't be surprised if Yassmin got elevated to starting wing against NZ - he is a cracking player.

I hope that Lukhan makes his mark as a starter. He still has another year in U20s but if he can at least prove himself to be in the 23 in big games this year it will be a big step up - and he has made a few steps in the last few months already.

I hope that Nucifora, the youngest player in the squad, makes his mark. I was almost appalled at the passing abilitiy of Tuttle in the last game. He looks like the utility player that he is, who happens to be able to play scrumhalf.

Meantime Short, who can pass, is playing club rugby in Sydney.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Congratulations for the new Captain announced for tomorrows match against Japan U20
150504%20dalgleish%20edit%20.jpg

Captain James Dalgleish

1. Aaron Pleash
2. Folau Faainga
3. Fereti Saaga
4. Harrison Williams
5. Lukhan Lealaialoto-tui
6. Sam Croke
7. Olly Kamp
8.Hayden Anderson
9. Harry Nucifora
10.James Dalgleish (c)
11. Joey Fittoch
12. Jack Redden
13. Alex Newsome
14. Christian Yassmin
15. Tyson Davis

Reserves
16. Connal McInerney
17. Cameron Orr
18. Tyrell Lomax
19. Riley Winter
20. Jack McCalman
21. James Tuttle
22. Andrew Deegan
23. Andrew Kellaway

Is Jack McCalman a relative of Big dog?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
The Supernumeraries for tomorrow seem to be:
Matthew Sandell
Mitch Third
Adam Korczyk
Sione Tuipolotu
Ned Hanigan
Duncan Paia’aua

Hanigan and Paia'aua would have been due to miss this one and the absence of Korczyk and Magnay (with his head knock recently) can be explained.

I'm wondering why Sione T hasn't got a run yet. It's good to see Jack Redden play in his best position of inside centre and link again with Alex Newsome, his NSW U20 midfield partner, but if Sione T was picked ahead of Jack R in the original squad why isn't getting a gig?

Maybe he's injured and if he is, it is unfortunate timing for him because Redden can play in a few positions and I've seen Sione T only at 12.

Am concerned about why Sandell hasn't been named; he had a back injury in January and I hope it hasn't recurred.

Good to see Joey Fittock one of my favourites get a run. There's a lot of players coming and going, and incidentally, I don't know the occasion for Third being involved in the camp.

So much for Thompson picking only 29 for Bond - it would have served better if an expanded squad was picked from the start. Then even with injuries the add-ons would be fewer.

I should try to work out the ones who have been added to the 29 and what is the total involvement but I'm a tad lazy and it would be better to do it after the NZ game anyway.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
that was 10 was fantastic. What's his backstory?

Andrew Deegan was in the Joeys Ones for three years (a team mate of Neddy Hanigan) and was in the Aussie Schools Firsts in 2013.

Last year he played for Randwick, sometimes at fullback in First Grade' He was in the NSW U20s last year and got picked for the Bond camp, but was one of the six cut.

There's not much of him, but he's a brave rooster in the tackle. He's a good all-rounder: he can manage a game and challenge the defence line but his finest attributes are his vision and his old-head-on-young shoulders temperament.

And, just quietly, his successor at Joeys, Conor O'Shea, the Aus Schools flyhalf last year, could be making his mark in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.