• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 - NSW Schools - Trial Games and Selections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill McLean (32)
Thank you @sidelineview for the response. Anyway I took myself up to the north shore for the weekend to watch some of the U/16 games and they did not disappoint (I normally don't travel that far for my holidays)!

On the Saturday it was good the see my 'Catholic Boys - Make Some Noise' make into the final against CHS. As the ground announcer noted; it was an historical first.

Admittedly I only turned up for the grand-final today (Sunday) and it did not disappoint! Notwithstanding the fact that CHS dominated possession and territory (and IMHO deserved to win) it was an absolute grand stand finish with CCC kicking a penalty goal, with time up, to win by one point! They had to give me oxygen!

This U/16 CCC team is the best I have seen since 2011. They never gave up - and in the end this is what counted. The irony of the kick that won the game is where it was taken from. It was near the sideline 35-40m out; and yet the same kicker had earlier missed two easier attempts from 25m out in front!

For me there were several standouts in the final. As stated above in an earlier post I went out to see a young lad called Tevita ('David') Vei play. As the Fly-Half of the CHS team his delivery and running game was on-point. Admittedly he did miss some kicks at goal which might have won his team the game, but he should find himself comfortably in either of the NSW teams.

I was also very impressed with both of the 13's, in addition to the 12 for CHS. The number 18 for CCC was also a stand-out in my eye and should hopefully find himself in the mix.

With selections being announced on Wednesday I will be very keen to see how many CCC boys find themselves in a sky-blue jersey. the pessimist inside me tells me not very many, however the optimist side of me tells me that they should get a good handful!

thepuma

Peter Burge (5)
Thank you @sidelineview for the response. Anyway I took myself up to the north shore for the weekend to watch some of the U/16 games and they did not disappoint (I normally don't travel that far for my holidays)!

On the Saturday it was good the see my 'Catholic Boys - Make Some Noise' make into the final against CHS. As the ground announcer noted; it was an historical first.

Admittedly I only turned up for the grand-final today (Sunday) and it did not disappoint! Notwithstanding the fact that CHS dominated possession and territory (and IMHO deserved to win) it was an absolute grand stand finish with CCC kicking a penalty goal, with time up, to win by one point! They had to give me oxygen!

This U/16 CCC team is the best I have seen since 2011. They never gave up - and in the end this is what counted. The irony of the kick that won the game is where it was taken from. It was near the sideline 35-40m out; and yet the same kicker had earlier missed two easier attempts from 25m out in front!

For me there were several standouts in the final. As stated above in an earlier post I went out to see a young lad called Tevita ('David') Vei play. As the Fly-Half of the CHS team his delivery and running game was on-point. Admittedly he did miss some kicks at goal which might have won his team the game, but he should find himself comfortably in either of the NSW teams.

I was also very impressed with both of the 13's, in addition to the 12 for CHS. The number 18 for CCC was also a stand-out in my eye and should hopefully find himself in the mix.

With selections being announced on Wednesday I will be very keen to see how many CCC boys find themselves in a sky-blue jersey. the pessimist inside me tells me not very many, however the optimist side of me tells me that they should get a good handful!

Were you at Boronia on the weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill McLean (32)
Sorry for the late reply, however I was not there. Is there any particular reason why you ask?

thepuma

Peter Burge (5)
Figured if you went to the final might have been watching some of the same boys playing club pathway

Bill McLean (32)
2017 NSWSRU U16s Team

NSWSRU U16s 1st XV:
W Smith (ISA), B Males (CCC), N Jones (Pres A) H. Bockenham (Pres A), T Hooper (ISA), C Hooper (ISA), B Westcott (CCC), J Brial (Pres A), L Albert (Pres A), D VeI (CHS), Toesami Toevai (CHS), Christopher Patolo (CCC), N Rankin (ISA), K Galloway (CAS), L Hutchinson –Walters (CCC), B Pollard (CAS), D Botha (Pres A), V Reilly (ISA), A Johnson (CCC), F Wright (ISA), T Constable (CAS), J Fraser (CCC), N Chan (Pres A)

NSWSRU U16s 2nd XV:
J. Stone (Pres A), D Pritchard (CHS), M Hawkes (CAS), O Hughes (CAS), E McQueen (CHS), A Tuitavake (ISA), N Russell (CHS), P Sevele (CCC), C Trengrove (ISA), J Gibbs (Pres A), T Latu (Pres A) S Taufui (CCC), M Carroll (CHS), J Williams (Pres A), J Vincent (CHS), O Hannan (Pres A), W Kablau (CAS), C Rothpletz-Smith (ISA) M. Fonua (CCC), C. Molloy (CAS), C Adams (Pres A), S. Recher (CAS) , P Simpson (ISA)

Bill McLean (32)
Figured if you went to the final might have been watching some of the same boys playing club pathway

Puma,

I actually drove up to the ground of my former club (when it was UTS Hunters), however the parking, as I expected was horrendous and I returned home!

Status
Not open for further replies.