• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2018 TV ratings and crowd numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Get off your negative spiral. 900k is a great result, that's bigger than the Bachelor (822k) got on premier and roughly the audience of the national news for the day.

Not everything is good, but not everything is shit. We the fans are now as big of an issue for the game than the governing body, because just just don't know how to do anything other than moan. Sometimes its highly justified but 90% of the time its not.

Don't know how to agree more Rebels3, I think the problem has become that a lot of so called fans seem to be trying very hard to find negatives and I think are forgetting to enjoy the good!!

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Not too surprising given the teams and timeslots, as well as Shute shield gf, but neither NRC game snuck in to the ratings - both less than about 35k

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Aus v Sa - 138k on fox
NZ v Arg - 79k on fox

Plenty of competition from the NRL and AFL finals at the same time last night.
No FTA numbers yet

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Aus v South Africa didn't make the top 20 FTA shows on Saturday so no ratings.

Channel Ten's audience share was tiny though at 6.2%, not many were watching the rugby

Argie game is always the worst of the year ratingswise up against AFL and NRL finals. This year there a Liverpool v Spurs game on SBS at the same time to draw even more viewers away

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Aus v South Africa didn't make the top 20 FTA shows on Saturday so no ratings.

Channel Ten's audience share was tiny though at 6.2%, not many were watching the rugby

Argie game is always the worst of the year ratingswise up against AFL and NRL finals. This year there a Liverpool v Spurs game on SBS at the same time to draw even more viewers away

Strew, I guess the combined FTA metro under 350K.

That's scary.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Strew, I guess the combined FTA metro under 350K.

That's scary.
Yeah something like that - #20 was 215k on Saturday. So less than that.
SA game didn't get a rating last year either, but the Ten audience share is up a fair bit and the Fox rating is up slightly.

Not apples for apples obviously, but a repeat of Territory Cops Episode 3 on Ten last Saturday night did 284k

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Yeah something like that - #20 was 215k on Saturday. So less than that.
SA game didn't get a rating last year either, but the Ten audience share is up a fair bit and the Fox rating is up slightly.

Not apples for apples obviously, but a repeat of Territory Cops Episode 3 on Ten last Saturday night did 284k

Hardly surprising. Even I struggle to tune into watch the Wallabies these days let alone your casual fan who has to choose between the AFL and NRL finals series running at the same time.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
To be honest Sat night was the first time that I walked away from the TV, my wife insisted that watch the game until the end, she knows how passionate I am about this sport and she knew that we would win somehow.

The problem is that we are not playing a brand of rugby that people want to watch and I don't mean "Running Rugby". There seems to be no game plan, zero smarts at times AND everybody is playing out of position! The commentators mentioned as much when Hodge came off, Korobete aside, Where are the genuine wingers?!!! We used to score these wonderful tries of set piece now I can't see us scoring more than 2 tries per game. What happened?!

I only follow rugby and probably because of that I associate with either rugby followers or follow it as a second the sport. I can tell you that it is getting really hard to get my mates to watch a Wallabies' game let alone go to one!

I don't want to pint the finger but our coaching staff has to take blame, it has been years of the same game plan with zero reward, I am so frustrated at the moment! I watched the AB vs Pumas game and did not think for second that the Pumas were going to get up but geez! see what happens when you play player in the right positions?

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
To be honest Sat night was the first time that I walked away from the TV, my wife insisted that watch the game until the end, she knows how passionate I am about this sport and she knew that we would win somehow.

The problem is that we are not playing a brand of rugby that people want to watch and I don't mean "Running Rugby". There seems to be no game plan, zero smarts at times AND everybody is playing out of position! The commentators mentioned as much when Hodge came off, Korobete aside, Where are the genuine wingers?!!! We used to score these wonderful tries of set piece now I can't see us scoring more than 2 tries per game. What happened?!

I only follow rugby and probably because of that I associate with either rugby followers or follow it as a second the sport. I can tell you that it is getting really hard to get my mates to watch a Wallabies' game let alone go to one!

I don't want to pint the finger but our coaching staff has to take blame, it has been years of the same game plan with zero reward, I am so frustrated at the moment! I watched the AB vs Pumas game and did not think for second that the Pumas were going to get up but geez! see what happens when you play player in the right positions?

I was more excited for the NRC games with Brisbane City and QLD Country playing than the Wallabies, I still watched them watch but felt bad that if the Wallabies lost I wanted it to be a bad loss so hopefully things will change.

Changes are needed, to players, coaches, administrators, tv commentators, prices, scheduling.....everything needs to be changed. We win a game and now we are meant to believe we are back on track.

Lets face it, if it were not for injuries would a non-pooper team have been picked? Would we have experimented with a non Folau team?

Without injuries we would have had pretty much the same team as usual with the same crappy game plan.

Unfortunately there are no simple solutions and I am a died in the wool fan who wont leave the game, but it is getting harder, how are non fans meant to be attracted to the game. I was introduced to the game as a boy watching taped spring tour games with my dad and being amazed at the passion for a game all over the world....my dad who is English watched AFL finals instead of the Rugby.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Maybe you are just being whiney and expectant? If you were really that passionate about it you would support the team no matter how 'shit' we got, not walk away the second we cease being the 2nd best team in the world.

Pathetic.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
Maybe...

I also spend enough money on the code to expect results also we stopped being the 2nd best team in the world a long time ago.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Maybe you are just being whiney and expectant? If you were really that passionate about it you would support the team no matter how 'shit' we got, not walk away the second we cease being the 2nd best team in the world.
Pathetic.
There must be a lot of ex-Wallabies fans out there who are whiney and expectant then given the decline in ratings. I didn't walk away, but I certainly went to sleep in my chair.

Also it isn't too much to expect that highly paid professionals would actually improve upon their skills throughout their career. There aren't many in the Wallabies team, and certainly no backs who are better than they were when they were first contracted at what most rugby people would expect to be core skills for their positions.

Also not helpful or even conducive to real examination of the facts when you attempt to shut down alternate valid points of view with derisive labels and statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.