• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2019 SYDNEY COLTS RUGBY

GentleGiant

Allen Oxlade (6)
Souths and other clubs operate on a different budget to the 2Blues.
Watch them this year.

Watch them this year? so from last season to this season they are going to go from near bottom to near top - overnight as you say?

Appreciate that also re budgets. i know how a business operates, and most clubs nowadays are part business part rugby, and i know if budgets are lower in my business, then i go and get more money in the door.

I def agree that western sydney has some of the best talent running around at junior levels, but 1 good year and they lose their players, 1 bad year and those good ones leave anyway as they want success and constant growth.

Its a catch 20/20 i suppose.

i'll watch with intrigue this year and if they do well (get any teams in finals (colts and grade)), i will be the first to congratulate them and hold my hand up as a doubter proven wrong.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Watch them this year? so from last season to this season they are going to go from near bottom to near top - overnight as you say?

Appreciate that also re budgets. i know how a business operates, and most clubs nowadays are part business part rugby, and i know if budgets are lower in my business, then i go and get more money in the door.

I def agree that western sydney has some of the best talent running around at junior levels, but 1 good year and they lose their players, 1 bad year and those good ones leave anyway as they want success and constant growth.

Its a catch 20/20 i suppose.

i'll watch with intrigue this year and if they do well (get any teams in finals (colts and grade)), i will be the first to congratulate them and hold my hand up as a doubter proven wrong.

That's all I'm going to say

bignoofa

Allen Oxlade (6)
Gday Wazza2013

I know quite a bit about souths but grade (like curtis rona quickly moving from 2blues to souths), not colts. I know more about parra colts because said player directly told my son who plays for easts colts.

Anything positive on Two Blues colts - not that I've heard unfortunately. I can tell you Easts colts will be extremely good and strong though as they've signed some very good local and country talent.

Just my opinion though
Who have they signed both local and country guys ?

bignoofa

Allen Oxlade (6)
GG for a Southern Districts supporter,you seem to have to have an apparent in depth knowledge of all things Two Blues. Which does seem a bit strange.

Any positive comments for Two Blues or your Southern Districts ?.
Two blues new coach and a lot very young new players look for a big turn around

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Gday Wazza2013

I know quite a bit about souths but grade (like curtis rona quickly moving from 2blues to souths), not colts. I know more about parra colts because said player directly told my son who plays for easts colts.

Anything positive on Two Blues colts - not that I've heard unfortunately. I can tell you Easts colts will be extremely good and strong though as they've signed some very good local and country talent.

Just my opinion though

All good GG, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

We will be out to give 2019 the best shot we can. Bring on round 1 .... Two What !

pnut

Alfred Walker (16)
Surely Gordon will be red hot front runners. Have a lot of new players in colts on big packages. wolton fava fava Harry turner maclenan ( none juniors ) all worth 15k or more. Thought uni were best at this. Clearly not.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Welcome to the forum Pnut.

Think you might have been misled. Don't think there are any Colts in Sydney rugby getting paid that sort of money.

pnut

Alfred Walker (16)
Welcome to the forum Pnut.

Think you might have been misled. Don't think there are any Colts in Sydney rugby getting paid that sort of money.

Sorry should have been more clear 15k is UTS packakage for study and or accomodation. Also other study plans worth 8 to 10 k not uni based. Others have been offered cash sign on up to 6 k plus uni package.
For a club with such large junior base amazed they can’t find local talent rather than buying it.

Time will tell if it was a good investment. For under 20 s I doubt it.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
UTS have long sponsored Gordon. I think there is 1 or 2 scholarships on offer there each year. Nothing new. Boys get to study and don't end up with a Hecs debt. Its all published and above board, anyone can apply for it.

Shadow

Sydney Middleton (9)
Souths colts are in a complete rebuild stage of colts
New coaching group 30 players moved on to grade
So exciting times in the Shire
No major schoolboy star signings, Easts, Uni and Randwick picked up most.
Boys are training hard 3 nights a week and looking forward to the start of the trials.

bignoofa

Allen Oxlade (6)
Surely Gordon will be red hot front runners. Have a lot of new players in colts on big packages. wolton fava fava Harry turner maclenan ( none juniors ) all worth 15k or more. Thought uni were best at this. Clearly not.
Yes all correct Walton and turner definitely on dollars good on then though , feeling for woods who have brought turner all the way through only to get dumped in his final year at colts

pnut

Alfred Walker (16)
UTS have long sponsored Gordon. I think there is 1 or 2 scholarships on offer there each year. Nothing new. Boys get to study and don't end up with a Hecs debt. Its all published and above board, anyone can apply for it.

Might’ve been true in the past. However Gordon have certainly been the front runner this year when it comes to the check book to recruit players. One on 20k study package plus “living allowance “ of 10k. Good player saying that
Gordon all in this year

bignoofa

Allen Oxlade (6)
Might’ve been true in the past. However Gordon have certainly been the front runner this year when it comes to the check book to recruit players. One on 20k study package plus “living allowance “ of 10k. Good player saying that
Gordon all in this year
Wow

pnut

Alfred Walker (16)
Souths colts are in a complete rebuild stage of colts
New coaching group 30 players moved on to grade
So exciting times in the Shire
No major schoolboy star signings, Easts, Uni and Randwick picked up most.
Boys are training hard 3 nights a week and looking forward to the start of the trials.

Good luck to the South’s Boys

pnut

Alfred Walker (16)
[
Yes all correct Walton and turner definitely on dollars good on then though , feeling for woods who have brought turner all the way through only to get dumped in his final year at colts

Good luck to them. Feel a bit for there team mates who are juniors on donut

Shadow

Sydney Middleton (9)
Joey Walton will make the Aust 20s this year so Gordon might get 5 games out of him?
The same in 2020 and then hope the Waratahs sign him.
If another Super club signs him then Gordon have paid hard earned dollars for not much value
This is where it is wrong, clubs do the heavy lifting and dish out dollars to get players to the city and then a Super Club say thank you we will take him
Even now the Waratahs and RA will decide what games he plays for Gordon not Gordon.
The question is, what is the value to a club to bring a gun player to the club where accommodation is required and maybe a car.
Do you get value for money

pnut

Alfred Walker (16)
Joey Walton will make the Aust 20s this year so Gordon might get 5 games out of him?
The same in 2020 and then hope the Waratahs sign him.
If another Super club signs him then Gordon have paid hard earned dollars for not much value
This is where it is wrong, clubs do the heavy lifting and dish out dollars to get players to the city and then a Super Club say thank you we will take him
Even now the Waratahs and RA will decide what games he plays for Gordon not Gordon.

The question is, what is the value to a club to bring a gun player to the club where accommodation is required and maybe a car.
Do you get value for money

Gordon’s offer / package is on top of the RA deal he has (large for non contracted super player). Think your argument of Gordon doing heavy lifting in this case is off the mark with due respect. Gordon wanted him badly and paid up. RA had already locked him into union