• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2019 SYDNEY COLTS RUGBY

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
Pnut you seem to know a lot about how Gordon's finances work and what was allegedly paid to get him to the club.
Having some knowledge of the UTS scholarship system you are well wide of the mark.

pnut

Alfred Walker (16)
Wasn’t my intention to offend anyone if I have I apologise. Just making the point that Gordon should be front runners with their recruitment drive.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Gee Mods, a few new players here in the forum. Always welcome, but they talking stuff they probably shouldn't be. Over to one of the adults.

One of two things has happened HB.....either there is a bad batch of Crystal Meth doing the rounds or the transmissions being received from the Uranus Nebula are becoming more frequent....

Tinfoil2.jpg

bignoofa

Allen Oxlade (6)
Woods v Gordon on weekend hearing Gordon having mass numbers (5 full sides) for the 6 halves played . 1st locked 2 all at break then Gordon running away in 2nd half with fresh legs and woods having to change forward pack almost completely. From all reports good start to year for both injury scare to Gordon 9 hand/finger injury hopefully all good

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Any results from yesterday trial matches?
Easts scored after the bell to beat Gordon by a try (6 to 5 I think). Both teams seemed to be resting key players and Gordon turned over its team in the second half.
Expect both to be very competitive this year.

GentleGiant

Allen Oxlade (6)
Easts scored after the bell to beat Gordon by a try (6 to 5 I think). Both teams seemed to be resting key players and Gordon turned over its team in the second half.
Expect both to be very competitive this year.

It was a really good day for easts, my son played 2s, was happy with his performance. there were so many gordon players. im pretty sure for colts 1s and 2s they had 4 different teams at each half time, and colts 3 they have 10 fresh reserves, plus they rested or were missing 6-7 1st grade quality players.

Easts looked really good though, the boys played well and will be strong. when they get abra and hardacker back, plus the new key signing from manly they have - rixon. they will be solid. that could be the colts gf review.

pnut

Alfred Walker (16)
Woods v Gordon on weekend hearing Gordon having mass numbers (5 full sides) for the 6 halves played . 1st locked 2 all at break then Gordon running away in 2nd half with fresh legs and woods having to change forward pack almost completely. From all reports good start to year for both injury scare to Gordon 9 hand/finger injury hopefully all good

Before I get accused to Gordon bashing. Can anyone explain to me why a club that can get numbers to fill 5 colts team ( congrats on that ) fells the need to recruit non juniors??? Hardly heavy lifting taking other juniors. Understand when senior clubs have a very small junior presence or geographical area to draw on. All that happens is rugby will lose 60 boys this year as a result of Gordon’s pursuit of success. Clubs are the first to ring the bell of being the backbone of the game ( I agree). 60 boys is a lot not playing or developing.

Not best use of resources. Short minded ambitions of glory. Play the long game for the games benefit.

Warty the Warthog

Bob McCowan (2)
Before I get accused to Gordon bashing. Can anyone explain to me why a club that can get numbers to fill 5 colts team ( congrats on that ) fells the need to recruit non juniors??? Hardly heavy lifting taking other juniors. Understand when senior clubs have a very small junior presence or geographical area to draw on. All that happens is rugby will lose 60 boys this year as a result of Gordon’s pursuit of success. Clubs are the first to ring the bell of being the backbone of the game ( I agree). 60 boys is a lot not playing or developing.

Not best use of resources. Short minded ambitions of glory. Play the long game for the games benefit.

Its hard to ignore the fact that Gordon had all Colts grades make the grand finals in 2018. Surely that makes players take notice and may even have swayed some to move.

IMO I think there is a stronger link to Gordon's 2018 success than any sudden desire to do what the usual suspects have been doing for years.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)

What do you want Gordon to do? Watch as club's like Norths, Uni, Easts, Randwick, Warringah,Manly & Eastwood all battle to take Gordon's juniors and then not give any back?

The first grade side was poor last season, why wouldn't Gordon try and attract the best players to it's colts program?

Easts have huge numbers as well.

bignoofa

Allen Oxlade (6)
What do you want Gordon to do? Watch as club's like Norths, Uni, Easts, Randwick, Warringah,Manly & Eastwood all battle to take Gordon's juniors and then not give any back?

The first grade side was poor last season, why wouldn't Gordon try and attract the best players to it's colts program?

Easts have huge numbers as well.
Good on them if they present and deliver a quality package for these young guys , improve their game and IMO most importantly keep guys in rugby great . Let the other clubs rise and fight for these quality recruits with improved systems required. League has been raping and pillaging rugby for years let’s fight back .

GentleGiant

Allen Oxlade (6)
West 2 Blues lost at home in 1s colts 120-0.. game was called off with 10 to go.
2nds for 2blues lost 75-5
3s was better and only lost 19-5 with a few of the players in 3s also starting 2s.

Long season ahead for the lads.

bignoofa

Allen Oxlade (6)
West 2 Blues lost at home in 1s colts 120-0.. game was called off with 10 to go.
2nds for 2blues lost 75-5
3s was better and only lost 19-5 with a few of the players in 3s also starting 2s.

Long season ahead for the lads.
Eastwood lost 85-10 to wicks in 1st in a absolutely disgraceful display of defence outwide ,
Eastwood 2s lost 21-14 and were right in it with every opportunity to win but easy turnovers let them down
Eastwood 3s lost 22-21 and perhaps had the better chances just let it slip away leading at the break

I’d say major changes at woods in coming weeks .....

bignoofa

Allen Oxlade (6)
Do colts coaches feel pressure due to poor performances .......hmmmmm there is some trouble brewing I’d assume