• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2019 SYDNEY COLTS RUGBY

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
A couple of crucial matches in terms of finals placings this Saturday with Manly hosting Uni, and Randwick and Gordon doing battle at Coogee.
After this round, all top four teams won't meet each other again until the finals.
Can Manly rebound from their swamping by Gordon last week, where they led 14 nil before Gordon took control? I suspect Uni will hit back from their loss last week and will be too strong.
Word is a number of Gordon players will be missing at Coogee courtesy of uni exams, 18s rep matches and injury. Whether they can still put a team on the field able to match it with the dynamic Randwick loose forwards - time will tell.

Breaks_Away

Sydney Middleton (9)
Correct, Randwick certainly would not offer a 1st Colts place without any form of pre-season training, hence Turner having been contacted by Randwick (mid pre season) to train with the 1st Colts. He was offered a contract with Randwick after having trained with the Colts a short period of time and Yes as the Openside Flanker for 1st Colts, so as much as you may care to doubt this from being the case it once again is the true facts of the situation!

I’m a little perturbed to why you seem wanting to discredit this young man and his integrity? Firstly by trying to say” He dumped Eastwood Colts Final year of Colts” and now once knowing the facts around the move from Eastwood to Gordon and how this came about, you want now to throw doubt on Randwick having had offered him a1st Colts contract! Bar having to show the physical contract offered to Turner by Randwick (which I assure you under these circumstances will not be forth coming) I feel even if you physically saw the proof you would still find a way to discredit all the above.

Therfore I think we will just leave it there don’t you?
Heres hoping in the future you will not be so forthcoming with you’re negative and doubting presumptions.

bignoofa

Allen Oxlade (6)
Correct, Randwick certainly would not offer a 1st Colts place without any form of pre-season training, hence Turner having been contacted by Randwick (mid pre season) to train with the 1st Colts. He was offered a contract with Randwick after having trained with the Colts a short period of time and Yes as the Openside Flanker for 1st Colts, so as much as you may care to doubt this from being the case it once again is the true facts of the situation!

I’m a little perturbed to why you seem wanting to discredit this young man and his integrity? Firstly by trying to say” He dumped Eastwood Colts Final year of Colts” and now once knowing the facts around the move from Eastwood to Gordon and how this came about, you want now to throw doubt on Randwick having had offered him a1st Colts contract! Bar having to show the physical contract offered to Turner by Randwick (which I assure you under these circumstances will not be forth coming) I feel even if you physically saw the proof you would still find a way to discredit all the above.

Therfore I think we will just leave it there don’t you?
Heres hoping in the future you will not be so forthcoming with you’re negative and doubting presumptions.
Gentlemen enough hey , let’s wish all the sides and young men good luck for the rest of year and finals , I’m sure it will be a cracker of a finals series this year with the talent pool .
Any news on what happened to wicks 9 Marco bell seems to have disappeared hopefully not injury based .

Mudbath

Frank Row (1)
A couple of crucial matches in terms of finals placings this Saturday with Manly hosting Uni, and Randwick and Gordon doing battle at Coogee.
After this round, all top four teams won't meet each other again until the finals.
Can Manly rebound from their swamping by Gordon last week, where they led 14 nil before Gordon took control? I suspect Uni will hit back from their loss last week and will be too strong.
Word is a number of Gordon players will be missing at Coogee courtesy of uni exams, 18s rep matches and injury. Whether they can still put a team on the field able to match it with the dynamic Randwick loose forwards - time will tell.

Big scores across the park this weekend.Was a crucial game for both Easts and Southern Districts to stay in the finals hunt.

Rugbyrealist

Frank Row (1)
Yet you're happy to throw into doubt the aspirations and the pathway of another young man who has been in the program and has been told otherwise to promote your lad? Just don't throw up other clubs to justify your argument.

pnut

Alfred Walker (16)
Eastwood probably the most vocal critics of grass roots etc. Find it percular that they buy a new first grade side and don’t develop there own. Gordon etc have done an excellent job in growth etc.

Eastwood even pushing for colts to be excluded from club championship points. What need more money from ARU to continue buying grade players and neglecting colts ??

bignoofa

Allen Oxlade (6)
Eastwood probably the most vocal critics of grass roots etc. Find it percular that they buy a new first grade side and don’t develop there own. Gordon etc have done an excellent job in growth etc.

Eastwood even pushing for colts to be excluded from club championship points. What need more money from ARU to continue buying grade players and neglecting colts ??
Really seems that way and with the poor results there are a few looking elsewhere for there final year at colts .......massive problems there 2 weeks in a row beaten by 70 ,I’d imagine that’s unheard of for such a proud club.

pnut

Alfred Walker (16)
West harbour Eastwood Southern Districts all forfeit thirds tomorrow. Surely something has to be done. There first grade sides should lose points. Bet there would be a team next week

Espically Eastwood they have the players just don’t want a touch up. Poor form from a club that always spew what they do go club rugby and how to fix Rugby in this country. Start in your own patch. What a joke

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Any URC predictions??

Good question.

But before we get to predictions, does anyone know what the selection process is?

Assume they are U19 players selected to represent NSW Eagles and Sydney Rays?

Who and when do they play?

Are they selecting only from Shute Shield or are they incorporating best from regions? Accepting a lot of players from country are playing in Sydney; Easts Manly, Gordon etc.

Are players selected for NSW U18s eligible for selection?

How about those already in Gen Blue?

Does anyone have a link with background information?

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
spoke with one of the Eastwood coaches a few weeks back who admitted they will be focussing a lot more on colts in 2020 and beyond. Gordon is the Blueprint here.

pnut

Alfred Walker (16)
Good question.

But before we get to predictions, does anyone know what the selection process is?

Assume they are U19 players selected to represent NSW Country and Rays?

Who and when do they play?

Are they selecting only from Shute Shield or are they incorporating best from regions? Accepting a lot of players from country are playing in Sydney; Easts Manly, Gordon etc.

Are players selected for NSW U18s eligible for selection?

How about those already in Gen Blue?

Does anyone have a link with background information?

Couldn’t find any relevant information. Would suggest start with Sydney based teams and add from there

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Any URC predictions??

Harder than I thought as not a lot of traffic on this forum on form.

Based on matches I have seen. Note these are players born in 2000 or later from Colts Firsts and those I believe are in Grade.

Not sure if players already on contract with the Waratahs play in the URC, I hope they do as this will test those seeking to be challenged.

Please feel free to fill in the blanks or suggest alternatives, especially Country players

Sydney Rays
1 Zane Hogan - Norths
2 Julian Heaven Gordon
3 Angus Bell - Syd Uni
4 Max Douglas - Manly
5 Saxon Gillies - Randwick
6 Ben Robson - Sthn Districts
7 Luke Reimer - Warringah
8 Will Harris - Easts
9 Seb Strange - Easts
10 Tane Edmed - Randwick or Jack Walsh - Manly
11​
12 Vincent Creagh - Syd Uni
13 Faiva Faiva - Gordon
15 Angus Bell - Syd Uni

Country Eagles
3 Archer Holz - Easts
6 Brett Wellington - Manly
7 Donny Freeman - Easts
9 Nick Murray - Gordon

12 Joey Walton - Gordon

The Crab

Frank Row (1)

Based on matches I have seen. Note these are players born in 2000 or later from Colts Firsts and those I believe are in Grade.

Not sure if players already on contract with the Waratahs play in the URC, I hope they do as this will test those seeking to be challenged.

Please feel free to fill in the blanks or suggest alternatives, especially Country players

Sydney Rays
1 Zane Hogan - Norths
2 Julian Heaven Gordon
3 Angus Bell - Syd Uni
4 Max Douglas - Manly

8 Will Harris - Easts
9 Seb Strange - Easts

13 Faiva Faiva - Gordon

15 Angus Bell - Syd Uni

Country Eagles

3 Archer Holz - Easts

7 Donny Freeman - Easts

9 Nick Murray - Gordon

12 Joey Walton - Gordon

Pretty sure the whole Randwick backline was born in 2000

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

Sydney Rays
1 Zane Hogan - Norths
2 Julian Heaven Gordon
3 Angus Bell - Syd Uni
4 Max Douglas - Manly

8 Will Harris - Easts
9 Seb Strange - Easts

13 Faiva Faiva - Gordon

15 Angus Bell - Syd Uni

Country Eagles

3 Archer Holz - Easts

7 Donny Freeman - Easts

9 Nick Murray - Gordon

12 Joey Walton - Gordon

Would Hunter Ward, and Yool Yool also make that country list.