• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2019 TV ratings and crowd numbers

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Having the Rebels or Tahs somehow sneak into the finals could be huge for the broadcast negotiations. The first week of finals will happen on an NRL free weekend with only the Origin on a Sunday night. Big potential to break the 100k+ mark that happens pre NRL season starting.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Some serious numbers will be crunched over the rugby work cup. We need some big numbers to stay important me thinks.

Soccer did themselves no harm last night head to head with the women's WC against cricket world cup Australia V India.

10 2019 FIFA WOMEN’S WORLD CUP: AUS V ITA LIVEÂ SBS 421,000
15 ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019 AUS V IND -S1 Gem 304,000

570k metro+regional , and Optus are reporting one of their business nights but they don't release their data.

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
If you divide total minutes by 100 (90mins playing time + half time break) you’d get an approximation if you assume all users watched the whole game. In this case about 165,000

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
At the end of the A-League regular season games were rating half those figured at the highest. With quite a few sub 20k. One of those games was played in the 5:30pm slot on a Friday. It's actually pretty good for that slot.

The Rebels ratings were poor.

When both teams were playing for finals, they're pretty awful numbers. The increase from a 5:30pm Kiwi derby for the Tahs game are only 10-15k.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
When both teams were playing for finals, they're pretty awful numbers. The increase from a 5:30pm Kiwi derby for the Tahs game are only 10-15k.

Those Rebels figures from memory were pretty much in around what they've always managed. They're not great but they're not as terrible as they look. Considering the time slot the Tahs game was ok as well. Could have been better but still ok-ish.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
9751 at Brumbies v Reds

No Rebels crowd I've seen as per usual these days

Saw some photos of the GRR showcase game at Ballymore (@simon_smale on twitter). Pretty small crowd, maybe 1000?

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
RA in the last day has begun referring to a 10% increase in Super Rugby viewers.

Reading this thread throughout the year, I didn’t get the sense there had been an uplift. 2018 must have been really bad!!

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
RA in the last day has begun referring to a 10% increase in Super Rugby viewers.

Reading this thread throughout the year, I didn’t get the sense there had been an uplift. 2018 must have been really bad!!

It may be in the overall ratings when taking into account all games broadcast in the regular season. From memory when all games were accounted for the average was in the mid 30k range (I seem to have 37k in my head. Which would mean a 10% uplift would put the average just above 40k). That's how much the SA/Arg timeslots effect the average.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)

I have the Aus games up by that 10%, averaging around 61k. 2017 was the nadir, average of around 51k.

The really big rounds early in the season helped lift it up