• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2019 TV ratings and crowd numbers

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
Force had >12000 (can remember the exact number) on Friday night. I will admit to there being quite a few freebies floating around through

I don't think it matters in the count whether the tickets are paid for or freebies because I also know that freebies are thrown about Melbourne like candy (registered school players free and so on) yet people don't want to go.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
I always had a suspicion it was Kiwi’s in Oz propping up our tv numbers. Lol.

Maybe not so lol, the Indians in cricket make up a huge % of both Australian crowds and ratings. The English in Australia watching EPL and so on.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Kayo has surpassed 300,000 subscribers.

Some AFL games on Foxtel on the weekend were akin to Super Rugby & A-League numbers. Freo v Eagles 60k. Suns v Tigers 71k.

No doubt the FTA and Kayo numbers would have been much higher, but those pay TV ratings have to be alarming for Foxtel.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)

Some AFL games on Foxtel on the weekend were akin to Super Rugby & A-League numbers. Freo v Eagles 60k. Suns v Tigers 71k.

No doubt the FTA and Kayo numbers would have been much higher, but those pay TV ratings have to be alarming for Foxtel.

Kayo numbers are included in the Foxtel numbers quoted on this site, aren't they??

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

Well, Super Rugby numbers. A-League numbers were much, much worse.