• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2019 TV ratings and crowd numbers

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Was referring to local audience.
Whats the record for a final i wonder? Japan v RSA will have to be close?
Guessing the '07 final was record due to timezones + biggest populations?

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Quarter final (Eng v Aus) rating
FTA 595k (metro+regional)
Fox 294k

NZ v Ireland 231k
Japan v Sa 222k
Wales v France 201k

I'm surprised that there's not a greater discrepancy between the Aus game and the others on Fox.

Implies that there weren't many Aussie 'general sports lover' who already had Fox and were switching on because it was a QF

Reactions: dru

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
On the subject of crowd numbers, apparently there were over 28000 for the local soccer derby at Bankwest last night.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
A million viewers for the ENG / AB game? I would imagine Fox and Channel 10 very happy with that number? What were the ratings for the A-league and whatever mungo game was on Sat night?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
A million viewers for the ENG / AB game? I would imagine Fox and Channel 10 very happy with that number? What were the ratings for the A-league and whatever mungo game was on Sat night?

The only game I have been able to find so far is the Bris/Victory match which drew 40k.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Aleague ratings have been down again across the board. The move to ABC doesn't seem to have helped things
Sydney Derby did 48k

Friday nights league test (Aus v NZ) did 422k+253k and 214k = 900k total

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Aleague ratings have been down again across the board. The move to ABC doesn't seem to have helped things
Sydney Derby did 48k

Friday nights league test (Aus v NZ) did 422k+253k and 214k = 900k total

Not good for the A-League considering this is the early stages of what many believe to be a pivotal season in regards to its long term prospects. Especially when their ratings tend to fall away around BBL time and stay down.