• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2020 Super Rugby AU Round 5 Force v Rebels

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Having now watched the replay. I think the Rebels overall were the better team, especially in the second half. Definitely playing a variation of Jakeball and trying to smother opposition onto submission. Gardiner who i generally think is a good ref had an off night, a few very odd decisions imo. For the Rebs Hosea impressed again, Pincus did well, Louwrens has gone off the boil. Kellaway simply had no opportunity in attack. Might finish up a Brumbies - Rebels final afterall

Looks like Louwrens injured himself after 20 or so minutes. Had an icepack on his bicep when sitting on the bench.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Looks like Louwrens injured himself after 20 or so minutes. Had an icepack on his bicep when sitting on the bench.
Is it really a big loss? Thought Lomani was decent when he came on. Issue with Louwrens is that he’s a good game manager but an atrocious passer (for a scrum half). I’d love to see Tuttle given a run

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Is it really a big loss? Thought Lomani was decent when he came on. Issue with Louwrens is that he’s a good game manager but an atrocious passer (for a scrum half). I’d love to see Tuttle given a run

Think you will. He's travelling with the squad, so shouldget a run fom the bench. Lomani was decent against the Force, but don't think his game management is as good as Louwrens (as you've noted). Little bit indecisive in the first few games, especially against the Moondogs.