• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Super W Season

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Yes and given force take the lead need to follow suit.

There's that and the Rebels looking to do the same. I mean the Positive Rugby Foundation had to run a fundraiser for the team this season. Which I find a bit disgraceful seeing as the Tahs gutted the org. last season to turn a $3m profit.

But it's not just Rugby that's a threat. The NRLW is expanding and offering a cap of $350k per team to work with. There's the AFLW. Chloe Dalton was actually on the broadcast for the Tahs/Rebels game. One lost to that. Alongside the like of Courtney Hodder in Qld. There's a number of others that would be targets. If we want to keep them we need to sort this out.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
There's that and the Rebels looking to do the same. I mean the Positive Rugby Foundation had to run a fundraiser for the team this season. Which I find a bit disgraceful seeing as the Tahs gutted the org. last season to turn a $3m profit.

Not to defend the Waratahs, but I think the annual report for 2021 will be a better representation of the organizations bottom line, 2020 when they posted a $3million net profit was inflated through $3.5million in government stimulus and COVID payments. If it weren't for that they would have posted a $500k loss.

Sheepie

Sydney Middleton (9)
The SuperW finals will now be held on the Saturday of the Super Round, at AAMI Park (same venue), prior to the Drua v Blues & Reds v Hurricanes matches.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
The SuperW finals will now be held on the Saturday of the Super Round, at AAMI Park (same venue), prior to the Drua v Blues & Reds v Hurricanes matches.

Awesome. I'll be there all three days.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

nice, I heard this was initially rejected by the stadium due to concerns about too many games degrading the surface

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from last night. The Fijiana were very impressive, particularly in the 1st half

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Tahs murdered about 3 tries tho. If they meet in the final it might be a case of knuckling down and playing keep-away to nullify the Fijiana.

Jeez they're good tho - athletic, powerful, and amazing hands.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from Reds v Rebels