• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2024 Under 20 Rugby Champs all match discussion thread

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Impressed with Liddy (No 7), Alatini (No 3) and No 13 (?). Most of the others were meh, but Nos 9, 10, 11 and 14 were very unimpressive.

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Yep. Our #6 looked about 80kgs wringing wet. And that’s not just a turn of phrase in this case.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
You’re up against it with a number of last years 18s playing. I know they’re good kids but it’s 3 games out of School Boy Rugby…

Good to see Leahy back in the Centres. Always good there when at Joeys but been blooded on the Wing over the last couple of seasons.

pnut

Watty Friend (18)
You’re up against it with a number of last years 18s playing. I know they’re good kids but it’s 3 games out of School Boy Rugby…

Good to see Leahy back in the Centres. Always good there when at Joeys but been blooded on the Wing over the last couple of seasons.
Bad conditions but no head turners. Some are super rugby players. Didn’t see it

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Some days ago we talked about the size of rugby players and it's strange but now the Argie kids are bigger than the Aussie kids. Unthinkable 20 years ago, I bet that most of the Aussie monster kids are in the NRL pathway

Last edited:

Love2Scrum

Darby Loudon (17)
Some days ago with talked about the size of rugby players and it's strange but now the Argie kids are bigger than the Aussie kids. Unthinkable 20 years ago, I bet that most of the Aussie monster kids are in the NRL pathway
Yes maybe true but there it’s a difference where the props in the NRL average weight is 100kgs with uncontested scrums as opposed to
tonight’s game, the combined weight for the Pumas props and hooker was 375kg compared to 310kg of the JW

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Yes maybe true but there it’s a difference where the props in the NRL average weight is 100kgs with uncontested scrums as opposed to
tonight’s game, the combined weight for the Pumas props and hooker was 375kg compared to 310kg of the JW
Yeah, prop is a very unique kind of position. What about the others? I'm sure there are many Brad Thorn playing League and could be great locks in Union

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
Round 2 this Tuesday

1714668100247.png

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Yeah, prop is a very unique kind of position. What about the others? I'm sure there are many Brad Thorn playing League and could be great locks in Union
In reality it’s not locks, but it’s robust 6 and 8s who are playing league (ie David Fifita). There’s definitely a polynesian contingent we are now missing out on.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Nobody should be shocked by that result.

When your development pathways - ruled by schools with no interest in development besides using it as a marketing tool - this is the natural outcome.