• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

3rd Place Play Off - Wallabies v Wales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I think Ioane is a better stepper because a lot of the time his steps are at full pace and often against the last defender between him and the try line.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
Wish someone had told Dagg that before he gazumped Ant.

Seriously tho, for me Quade has been the best stepper in the game for years. Ioane is pretty special at it too.

I think Ant got burnt for speed, but yeah, that was impressive.

Cooper seems to be able to beat people flat footed, Beale and Ioane do it more at pace.

That said, it's very rare Cooper's goal is to put himself in for a try. He'll always attempt to offload to a support player. I think his running in general play is to draw multiple defenders, not necessarily to beat them himself.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
I'm really worried about QC (Quade Cooper)'s knee, I remember some players who were never the same after a long injury. The way he steps and the pressure he puts on his knees it seems it could easily happen again. Or worst of all he develops a subconcious tendancy to protect his knee once its better, and since his major talent is fast and natural footwork he would be stuffed.

You are right to be worried. It is a VERY bad injury. Us skiiers know it well. Although a mate who had the same still came back to ski mogils in the olympics... but it was the last thing this aussie skiier ever did, knee is ruined for life now.

It *could* be the end of his international career.

I remember another young very fancy but stronger side stepper who was lost to international tests due to series of injuries the worst was the bad knee Clyde Rathbone.
His is a sad story and proof that you do not have to be old to be finished when injuried.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfYZd1q6y-I

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Skiers usually tear their posterior cruciate ligament or everything. The determinant of how bad is usually how much meniscal (cartilage) damage is sustained. I can tell you from present experience that you don't need much damage to the cartilage to be f###ed by 50.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.