• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

6N Scotland v England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Need to get our fair share of the ball and take the points when they're on offer.

While there's a few players who're a bit all over the shop in terms of form and injury, there's also a handful in very good nic. Key among them are Laidlaw, Scott, Nel, Hardie and the Grays.

A win could give us the required momentum to get up to the top 3, with the potential for another 2 victories. A loss likely consigns us to competing for the spoon with Italy.

Looking forward to the team being named and our first test of the Season.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Scotland need to come out and make a statement after their good showing against the Wallabies last year.

I'm looking forward to watching England under Eddie. Considering getting Bein Sport to follow their progress.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Fascinating game in the offing here. Like most GaGR's, I can't wait to see what Eddie has in store for the England squad and their game plan. Scotland gave us the fright of our lives in the RWC so hopefully they can take that performance and build on it. I've got no idea how it's going to pan out, but hopefully the footy is good.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
You'd think England will come out breathing fire given it's their first real game after their RWC disaster. Their final pool match didn't really count. They'll have players all through the side but especially in the pack wanting to make a belated reply to the press they got. The fact that Scotland made it further than them will help a bit as well.

With the Eddie factor and more importantly the Joubert factor I think I'll be cheering for England for once.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Just subscribed to Bein for the Six Nations, first time for quite a while I have been particularly interested.

Eddie alone is worth the expense.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A sign perhaps, as the U20 Single Malts defeat the Soap Dodgers by 24 - 3.

Anyone surprised that ENG U20 score was divisible by 3?

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Simpsons%20Groundskeeper%20Willie%20shirtless.jpg

I+thought+the+scots+hated+everyone+especially+the+scots+damned+_09ae029bc443f3acd9c69d7460c591d4.jpg

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
So much for Eddie's new attacking England. All points through penalties and neither team look particularly interested in playing with ball in hand (weather fine too)

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
72 minutes gone, 9-15 to ENG.

Based on how the Scots are playing - and how the Italians played earlier - I'd fancy the latter to knock them off home and/or away.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
So much for Eddie's new attacking England. All points through penalties and neither team look particularly interested in playing with ball in hand (weather fine too)

England scored 2 tries.... Not that I think England were particularly sharp with the ball in attack but at least make your criticism accurate.

A win is a win... Hopefully we plan on evolving our attacking game next week! Will need to with how Italy played.

Realistically I think the bench was the difference... the guys coming on for us were of a similar standard (or better on Jamie George's case) where as I felt the Scottish replacements were a drop in quality.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Fair result. Both teams were pretty rubbish, lots of missed kicks, handling errors, scrappy lineouts and scrum penalties all round. England made more of their opportunities, especially through the maul, and the defence in their own 22 was excellent.

Both sides will do fairly well in the rest of the tournament if they cut out a lot of the errors.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
England scored 2 tries.. Not that I think England were particularly sharp with the ball in attack but at least make your criticism accurate.

A win is a win. Hopefully we plan on evolving our attacking game next week! Will need to with how Italy played.

Realistically I think the bench was the difference. the guys coming on for us were of a similar standard (or better on Jamie George's case) where as I felt the Scottish replacements were a drop in quality.

Yeah I realised my error after reading the actual score - I only saw multiples of three after I tuned in with 25 to go.

From the limited bit I saw I think Jones has to make a decision on Ford or Farrell. I think Eddie sees the 12 jersey as Henry Slade's as a second ball player, with a bit of a stop-gap approach now.

Whenever Anthony Watson gets the ball he looks dangerous, he needs more of a commission to roam or at least a plan that gets the ball in his hands more often.

Scotland just looked very sloppy. Both fullbacks seemed a bit off their games too.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Haven't seen full game yet but was hoping jones would produce a mix of Japanese backs and English forwards. Bit disappointed

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
From the limited bit I saw I think Jones has to make a decision on Ford or Farrell. I think Eddie sees the 12 jersey as Henry Slade's as a second ball player, with a bit of a stop-gap approach now.

I reckon you're right, but Farrell just isn't a 12. He's a limited (but good at what he does) 10 and that is all. Would have been nice to see Devoto come on. Since him, Ford and JJ are all Bath players they should have been able to work together. With the game so tight I can understand why he didn't bring him on but would have still been nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.