• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

99 Call - who are our provincial biff merchants vs the Lions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
No, we don't want another Duncan McRae, but lets face it - provincial stoushes in the dirt tracker Lions tour are part and parcel of the whole package.

So who can we expect to do us proud when it comes to putting some dominance - knuckle or otherwise - on the Lions in the lead up games?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
If I were the ARU, I would sign up a one new player for each franchise for these games- except for the Reds.

For the Force- Han Humphries (Like solo, except a dirty thug)
For the Rebs- Ian Humphries (a hard-nosed lock with a taste for blood)
For the Tahs- Dan Humphries (like Vicks, but more of a hard cnut)
For the Brumbs- Jan Humphries (another ACT brutish Saffa-style tight forward)

And for the Reds, well there's some bloke called Van who I believe is still floating around.......

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
If I were the ARU, I would sign up a one new player for each franchise for these games- except for the Reds.

For the Force- Han Humphries (Like solo, except a dirty thug)
For the Rebs- Ian Humphries (a hard-nosed lock with a taste for blood)
For the Tahs- Dan Humphries (like Vicks, but more of a hard cnut)
For the Brumbs- Jan Humphries (another ACT brutish Saffa-style tight forward)

And for the Reds, well there's some bloke called Van who I believe is still floating around...
Pretty sure he's rolling around.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Assuming that Beau is not having a little holiday..

I think he was pretty lucky not to get a red card on Sat nite. During the Baa Baa game, Steve Walsh seemed to make a point in saying that if it wasn't for the nature of the game, a similar a punch in that match-up would have been a red card.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
No, we don't want another Duncan McRae, but lets face it - provincial stoushes in the dirt tracker Lions tour are part and parcel of the whole package.

So who can we expect to do us proud when it comes to putting some dominance - knuckle or otherwise - on the Lions in the lead up games?

No one, punches have been removed from the game essentially

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think he was pretty lucky not to get a red card on Sat nite. During the Baa Baa game, Steve Walsh seemed to make a point in saying that if it wasn't for the nature of the game, a similar a punch in that match-up would have been a red card.
But he was talking to the Baa Baas #2 when he said that.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
Far to say Beau Robinson will be dishing it out (especially after last weekend), when he plays for the Reds & Country.

not that i can recall him getting into many fights- but he just looks like a brawler aye
wouldnt surprise me if someone told me quirk was a fighter too>
probably far from the truth... but these two are jus tough

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Brumbies.....

I wouldn't want to piss off Scott Sio. Or Kimlin, nothing quite like an angry ginger.

I remember reading about Ita Vaea's boxing prowess in a pre-season fitness test once.

We don't really have any biff merchants though :(

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
So you want to intimidate the Lions and take them on physically? Aussie forwards lack mongrel. Take them on where it hurts. The scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.