• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AAGPS (NSW) Rowing 2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playmaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
Gents, back to the talk of the rowing now. Thoughts and predictions on the finishings at HOTR? #29days

G

gogoldenbears

okay we get it, you go to kings, make piss-poor posts that are simply trying to make you sound like you are older than you are.

good luck in your race the weekend! bro!

Dude how are you schooling people on this? Doesn't matter what school they're from half the people on this forum have called you on your lame Newington propaganda. You are merely lowering people's respect for what was a great institution before the 2000s.

3RD VIII Hall of Famer

View attachment 3201

ummmmm excuse me ......... last 4 years. and all winning margins over 10 seconds mofo. chew on that GPS Row.

Long live the warriors

3RD VIII Hall of Famer

i don't remember the 3rd VIII bulking??? The bowman weighed 65 kilos. mate i don't think the boys would chose rowing for a social sport thats just bullocks

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Dude how are you schooling people on this? Doesn't matter what school they're from half the people on this forum have called you on your lame Newington propaganda. You are merely lowering people's respect for what was a great institution before the 2000s.

true. if only you knew them you would understand haha

G

gogoldenbears

Putting it out there, the most interesting results at Newington Regatta:
Riverview coming last in a protected lane (closer to the bank) in the 1st VIII, especially after winning Gold Cup. Scots too precious for a replacement in their VIII and going to SIRC (although not that interesting). Kings 2nd VIII coming 2nd by 2 seconds after being out the back door last year. Scots and Kings trading places in the 1st and 2nd race in the 1st IV division.

Playmaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
Gentleman, lets not let the standard of this fine internet institution fall to the level of "sportal" as happened last year.

Paper

Frank Nicholson (4)
GPS Row,
The results show that TKS's 1st IV have been posting 1st place throughout, sparing two 2nd places due to poor marshaling.

Poor marshaling...what they missed the start because the marshal called the wrong race? Lamest excuse i've ever heard for a bad result...marshal isn't involved in the race itself, only rounding up the crews behind the start line

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
Well, that was interesting in the Schoolboy 1st VIII.... A bit analysis from the armchair rowers?

Robson

Bob McCowan (2)
https://www.rowingmanager.com/rm/?regatta&file=864 <- Race 36 for those who havent seen.

1st Shore: Hard, fast, consistent. Only challenged by 'View early on and held a solid margin through the second 1000m.

2nd Joeys: A slow start and then a blistering 2nd and 3rd 500m to catapult them from 7th to 2nd. They can challenge Shore if they get out of the blocks quicker.

3rd Riverview: A very quick first thousand, less than a second behind Shore at the 1000m mark. They lost a few seconds through the 3rd 500 and let Joeys through which is disappointing after such a good start.

4th Newington: Solid 1st 500m, good 2nd/4th 500s but let themselves down from the 1000-1500m. Potential if they can quicken up the 3rd 500.

5th Scots: Once again, consistent other than the 3rd 500. Another crew with potential to reach the podium on March 9th.

6th Grammar: Pretty good 1st 1000m and let themselves go with a pretty poor 3rd 500 of 1:38. The fastest last 500m out of the field is an encouraging sign for the boys in black.

7th Kings: Got out to an absolute flyer, but quickly dropped off going from 3rd to 7th with a abysmally slow last 500m.

8th High: You have to admire them for turning up every week.

Robson

Bob McCowan (2)
All GPS 1st 8s live in fear that they will be the first ones to get beaten by a High crew at Head of the River, but I agree, this will be something we see in the next few years

G

gilbert15

Last Saturday was a great day for racing, with four weeks to go there were some definites to come out of the day, 3rd VIII, Kings will continue their dominance. Pleasingly the IV's look to be shared for 2013, although the yr10 VIII's may all go to Shore, but the pleasing result for me, was that Grammar put in a clear 2nd to Shore in the 1st yr10 VIII's and if Grammar strengthen their 2nd 1000 they will threaten Shore.
The 1st VIII's---Shore have now confirmed their "red-hot favourite'' tag, posting a 5.58.7 and a clear length+ in front, and looking like a winning crew, good to see a second from Joeys though, which they should hold on to at HotR, BUT, if Joeys can improve their start by a couple of seconds and also maintain their very strong 2nd 500, they may be the only ones to push Shore, go the underdog.
For me the real disapointments in the 1st VIII were Newington, (nearly 8 seconds of the pace) and Kings. Newington because they have had the most propaganda on this thread than anyone, and Kings because they were the yr10 VIII from 2011 that smashed it??

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
1st VIII
1st - Shore
2nd - Riverview
3rd - Joeys

2nd VIII
1st - Shore
2nd - Newington
3rd - Joeys

1st IV

1st - Scots
2nd - Shore
3rd - Newington

2nd IV

1st - Joeys
2nd - Scots
3rd - Kings

3rd IV -

1st - Newington
2nd - Kings
3rd - Joeys

4th IV

1st - Kings
2nd - Iggies
3rd - Newington

any thoughts or disagreements???

unfortunately i was unable to attend the regatta this weekend. Just wondering about the results, any surprises, any let downs. GPSrow, how did the newington crews hold up (especially the miraculous'' 3 IV)

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
unfortunately i was unable to attend the regatta this weekend. Just wondering about the results, any surprises, any let downs. GPSrow, how did the newington crews hold up (especially the miraculous'' 3 IV)

ahhh haha unfortunately my mate's brother did woeful in that event, posting a 3rd at the 500m mark, then at the 1500m struggling to keep it with shore. should see better from then next week then.

G

gogoldenbears

Last Saturday was a great day for racing, with four weeks to go there were some definites to come out of the day, 3rd VIII, Kings will continue their dominance. Pleasingly the IV's look to be shared for 2013, although the yr10 VIII's may all go to Shore, but the pleasing result for me, was that Grammar put in a clear 2nd to Shore in the 1st yr10 VIII's and if Grammar strengthen their 2nd 1000 they will threaten Shore.
The 1st VIII's---Shore have now confirmed their "red-hot favourite'' tag, posting a 5.58.7 and a clear length+ in front, and looking like a winning crew, good to see a second from Joeys though, which they should hold on to at HotR, BUT, if Joeys can improve their start by a couple of seconds and also maintain their very strong 2nd 500, they may be the only ones to push Shore, go the underdog.
For me the real disapointments in the 1st VIII were Newington, (nearly 8 seconds of the pace) and Kings. Newington because they have had the most propaganda on this thread than anyone, and Kings because they were the yr10 VIII from 2011 that smashed it??

Pay that Newington dribble - although to be fair to them its just that one guy. Joeys agree they'll have to get a little better but i wonder about the demons of ghosts past, thats a whole heap of history to overcome and the ramefications of another lose will be a blow to the brothers - consistent but consistently beaten too. Shore will have to hold their shit together and not piss themselves like that sydney rowing club empacher debacle. Kings is a weird one. One moment they're out the back door in the first few races, then next minute they're 2nd at Gold Cup and then they're killer in the heats at Grafton then dismal in the final, average in 1st race then belt shore 2nd VIIIs in the next (as you would expect). Rivetview very similar to Kings YoYos - i wonder which one is the YoHo Diablo?! They'll both have to sort their shit. Grammar and Scots strong finishers on the weekend but you have to wonder whether they can go out with the big boys to begin with. Would love to see High roll someone.

HOTRwinner

Frank Nicholson (4)
overview of kings/plc-
Shore now red hot favorites and deservidly so. Joyes look strong and could threaten. New disappointing at this stage 8sec behind. Scots also not up to it. Kings terrible last 500.

Status
Not open for further replies.