• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACT John I Dent Cup Grand Final - Vikings v Queanbeyan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
On the topic of Vikings, word is a certain sydney hooker is filling their 1st grade hooker spot next year...any guesses?

I would assume because you say "Sydney hooker" that it wouldn't be Huia Edmonds because he's a Canberra boy that used to play for Vikings...

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Probably young Roach, he has to play in Canberra next year to fulfil his Brumbies obligations. A very good get.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I would say, with little to no authority, that playing Canberra Seniors would be just as good for a player as Sydney Colts.

The experience of going toe-to-toe with adult bodies with many years of experience would be a worth while one.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Queanbeyan (4-1 underdogs) pulled off a 30-28 win

Some of the big names:

Robbie Coleman (Queanbeyan) best on ground at 10
Franky Fainifo (Vikings) was quiet at 13 but looked dangerous when he did see the ball
Salvi (Vikings) with a ton of steals and a few good runs at 6, as with Fainga'a (Vikings) off the bench (returning from injury)
Phoenix Battye (Vikings) very quiet and barely noticeable
Nic White (Queanbeyan) woeful goal kicking, missed 4 or so, but slotted the match winner and generally good game

S

Second row

I felt the Vikings just weren't as hungry as Queanbeyan for the win. The first half Vikings seemed to play at half pace. They kicked away possession far too often and they didn't commit enough players at the breakdown int attack to ensure they kept possession. Too many forwards hanging out in the backline waiting for the glory ball. Still, at least the women got some silverware this season...

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
I felt the Vikings just weren't as hungry as Queanbeyan for the win. The first half Vikings seemed to play at half pace. They kicked away possession far too often and they didn't commit enough players at the breakdown int attack to ensure they kept possession. Too many forwards hanging out in the backline waiting for the glory ball. Still, at least the women got some silverware this season...

Yes they seemed to sit back and rely on all their superstars instead of digging in.

Got up on the $4 odds and the 11.5 start so can't complain

Status
Not open for further replies.